Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

TTC after using misoprostol for a missed miscarriage

Hi everyone, 

I'm new to this board as I've recently experienced a loss. When I went in for my first u/s at approx 10 week, I was informed that my pregnancy hadn't developed past 6 weeks. I was given misoprostol last week to complete the miscarriage (not sure how else to phrase is). It was my first pregnancy and very unexpected, however we were SO excited and understandably devastated when we found out about the loss. I was just wondering if anyone has had a successful pregnancy after a mmc and how long they waited to conceive again? My midwife said to generally wait 3 months but everyone is different. 

Any response is appreciated! xx 

Re: TTC after using misoprostol for a missed miscarriage

• First, I'm sorry for your loss. If you need to ever vent, ask questions, or... anything, don't be afraid to post here. Everyone here is very supportive and helpful.

The wait-3-weeks advice seems outdated. My doctor told me there is no medical reason to wait at all once you are no longer at risk of infection (which was a week after my D&C)... emotional healing is another thing, though. One menstrual cycle might be advised so if you do become pregnant again, you will be more sure of your dates and that your cycles are continuing. For that reason it is also good to not try until you are no longer passing home pregnancy tests. But really... it is just when you are ready.

For trying to conceive after a loss, there is a specific board for it that might be more helpful if/when you reach that point.
    -----
    TW: Loss
    EDD: 1/14/2017 : Blighted Ovum : D&C @ 10w6d

• I'm so sorry for your loss. I was told to let my first natural period come, and we could try then. So it was about a month of not trying 

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Loading the player...
  • I also had a missed miscarriage and just came back from my post-Misoprostol appt to confirm everything had passed and asked very similar questions of my OB. She indicated that now that my cervix was closed and all tissue was gone, there was no need to wait to conceive. She said they usually advise waiting for one menstrual period just for dating purposes but that's really not necessary. We got the green light to TTC whenever we are ready. Hope that helps!
    *TW*

TTC#1 - 6.3.16
    BFP#1 - 7.1.16, (mo-di twins + singleton) due 3.15.17
    MC singleton - 7.13.16 - 5w
    MMC identical twins - 8.5.16 - 8w+2d
    Misoprostol 4x
    D&C - 9.12.16
    Hysteroscopy - 11.21.16 - Retained tissue filling half of uterus removed, blocked left tube, benched for 2 cycles, on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days
    HSG - 2.7.17 - Asherman's Syndrome. Both tubes open.
    Hysteroscopy 2.13.17 - Incomplete adhesiolysis for Asherman's, benched & on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days. At least two more surgeries needed...
    Hysteroscopy 3.21.17 - Adhesiolysis for Asherman's, benched & on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days.
    TTCAL #1: 4.24.17
    Hysteroscopy 5.23.17 - Scars reformed. Adhesiolysis. Unsure what to do next...
    Fertility acupuncture - started 6.13.17
  • I am sorry for your loss. I agree with the pp. was told after my first period we could start trying