March 2017 Moms

Morning sickness help!?!

I know there was a strain about this before but I can't find it. This is not my first pregnancy. With my DD my morning sickness started at exactly 6 weeks and went to about 14. With my angel baby started at six weeks it went all the way up until we found out we lost it at 10 weeks. with this rainbow baby started again at exactly 6 weeks and still going strong at eight weeks. My fear is that this morning sickness is so much worse the last two. For the last two days by the end of the day I'm in a ball on the bed crying. I am so nauseous and uncomfortable. I have only thrown up once which I guess is a blessing. But I'd be happy to throw up 1 million times and I meant it feel better afterwards.

with my last two rounds of morning sickness nothing seemed to help! I tried ginger I tried vitamin B I tried morning sickness bracelets I tried Prego pops I tried hard candies I tried I see candies I tried crackers. You get the idea.

and this time seems to be no different. It's only 1130 in the morning and I'm curled up in a ball on the couch trying not to die. So I guess what I need is some more ideas.

Re: Morning sickness help!?!

• My sister had super bad morning sickness and was able to get medication from the dr to alleviate it. Worth asking. Feeling nauseous sucks hope you find something that helps and you feel better. 
    Me: 35      Hubs: 27
    Married: 07/04/13
    BFP #1: 8/14/14, Baby Girl born 4/16/15
    BFP #2: 6/21/16, Baby Girl born 2/11/17
    BFP #3: 1/26/19, EDD 10/8/19
    Fur Babies: 2 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels (Piper and Mia)
  • AverageAshAverageAsh member
    edited August 2016
    Definitely ask for meds. You have "toughed it out" long enough, hopefully they can help!
    Married DH 12/31/13
    BFP#1  1/21/14 ended in loss DNC 3/5/14
    BFP#2  7/2014 Baby Girl born 4/15/15
    BFP#3  2/10/2016 natural mc 2/27/2016
    BFP#4 6/25/2016 Due 3/2/2017
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree, I got some meds from my doctor and the finally started kicking in yesterday, still have a few moments where I gag but at least I'm not completely miserable. I had tried every home remedy I could think of before that.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • This is how I feel! I have only thrown up three times but have been out of commission for the last week and a half. It's terrible and hard with a 16 month old! ... I just started B6 and I know it says it takes a few days to kick in but today has, so far, been a better day. 

I'd definitely call your provider for some medication though if you've tried everything else. 

... What about gas pains? At night, I am going to bed with the worse stomach ache and don't know what to do! 
    For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I don't have MS but have had bouts of queasyness. I've found Gus ginger ale helps a lot. It has way less sugar than other soda, which is better for the tummy. Also lemonade w/club soda and hard candy seems to help me. Then again, yours sounds more serious than mine so I agree w/PPs to seek help from your physician. Hope you feel better soon. 
  • The only thing that has really given me any relief is peppermint sugar free chewing gum. It's so strong that it helps take my mind's focus off of feeling sick.  :/
  • I've got a constant supply of crackers and I find regular coke helps a bit too. This is just the absolute worst. I got an RX for digleclics which I'm taking at max dose which can keeps the vomiting away but I still feel miserably nauseous.
  • My diclegis prescription has been a lifesaver for me, I'd definitely recommend asking your doctor about it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • With DD it started around 3 weeks and lasted to 23 weeks when it gave me a break until around 28 weeks. Then it was back in full force until DD was around 3mo with breastfeeding. My only advise, trial and error. Some days it seems like nothing helps. This pregnancy, if I stay away from dairy, salty and anything with nuts I can almost manage. Graham crackers have really helped. A few nibbles here and there make a world of a difference. If I can nibble/ eat something about hourly, I feel better. I also feel like death pretty much 24/7. Makes everything hard! 
  • Took 2 diclegis at night for weeks 5-7 and was miserable. Upped it to 4 per day, and m/s was MUCH better for week 7-8. Just hit 8 weeks today and m/s is back with a vengeance despite taking the diclegis. Just hoping this is a bad day and that m/s will be more manageable tomorrow.
    In the mean time, sticking to small, bland meals and a trashcan under my desk.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I feel you and honestly I haven't been able to find any sort of food or drink to help. maybe for the time it's going in my mouth but it's immediately back when i'm done. If it makes you feel any better, even though I doubt it, throwing up doesn't help either. I still feel the same horribleness afterwards. I spent the whole weekend on the couch. :( 
    I did try the b6 but i don't think i gave it enough of a shot and am going back to it today. I had a 1 day reprieve last week and now I wonder if it was from that. I wish you the best of luck and if you find anything that helps report back! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @southpawjen I am taking 2 at night but it doesn't seem to do anything, I throw up right when I wake up then take zofran after which is the only thing that helps. I would rather take diclegis, but am worried it will make me super tired, did you find that to be a problem at all with upping the dose to 4 a day?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @CanadianintheSouth I was worried about the same thing. I mean, I am definitely more tired, but I'd rather deal with being tired than nausea. I have noticed that my body has adapted to the diclegis a bit so it doesn't wipe me out as much as it did in the beginning.
    How is the zofran? I heard that can make you tired as well. My OB said she couldn't prescribe it to me until I hit the 8 week mark (which I just did this week).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @southpawjen I've been trying out the diclegis again at night and I woke up with no nausea this morning! Super tired though and I can't seem to shake it. Movie day for my toddler... again.

Zofran is wonderful, the only side effect I notice is constipation, but I only take 1/2 a pill a day, at most 2 1/2 pills. My doc prescribed it for me at 7 weeks, at that point I was throwing up throughout the entire day. I know some people say wait until 10 weeks to take it after the circulatory system has been completely developed.