January 2017 Moms
Options

How To start your day

Hi I am four months pregnant and still wonder what is the healthiest and easiest way to start your day in pregnancy. . Do you all cook fresh and eat home cooked food only or do u rely on ordering cause at times you don't have enough energy to cook

Re: How To start your day

• Options
    I'm not sure it's the most healthy way, but I still have lingering morning sickness, so my breakfast is usually a big glass of juice and later some granola with yogurt or oatmeal. I try to cook, but we still eat out a fair bit. I do keep a lot of fresh fruits and veggies on hand for snacks. Sliced cucumbers, baby carrots, and peaches or apples are my favorite! 
  • Options
    I have a glass of orange juice too because it settles my stomach and then DD and I have French toast and strawberries :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I do a bowl of oatmeal with bananas cut up into it and either a glass of milk or a smoothie. I just heat the oatmeal in the microwave so it's super easy and then I use mostly frozen fruit for the smoothies. Only takes a few minutes and works great for my lingering morning sickness. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Jan '17 August siggy challenge: Cat fails

• Options
    I still have the occasional wave of nausea, so I try to get something big and carb rich down first thing in the morning. I usually have either toast with butter and cinnamon sugar or a bagel with peanut butter and jelly. My husband has been a huge help with cooking, because I'm just starting to have enough energy to cook  when I get home from work. Although I used to be huge into prep, that's out the window now because who knows what I feel like eating any particular minute of the day. I try to hit up the Farmer's Market every weekend and then I keep a lot of chicken around the house. Easy enough ingredients to quickly throw together. 
  • Options
    Lately I've been waking up between 3-4 AM feeling kind of hungry/queasy. So I usually have a banana then and try to go back to sleep for a bit. Then when I'm ready to get up I'll either have a bowl of granola with almond milk and berries, or oatmeal with fruit. I definitely do better with fruit and complex carbs first thing, vs eggs or something like that. I also prefer making my own breakfast/eating at home because it's more expedient, and normally healthier. 

And I make sure to have a snack mid-morning that includes some protein. If I wait too long to eat between breakfast and lunch my blood sugar drops and I start to feel queasy again and/or get a headache. 
  • Options
    I eat something in bed before getting up. Then I feed my daughter breakfast and shove food in my mouth as I go. 
  • Options
    Monday Friday aka work days I usually eat special K cereal, mini wheats or oatmeal. Then have a late morning snack later. On weekends it's usually French toast and scrambled eggs or pancakes and scrambled eggs. Today it was waffles and scrambled eggs!
  • Options
    Every morning I try to eat 1 source of protein and 1 source of carb. For example, I typically eat one of the following, then rotate throughout the week:
    -new oatmeal+protein type English Muffin (whole grain) with 2 scrambled eggs
    -oat bran with scoop protein powder and cinn. with drizzle of maple syrup
    -whole grain cheerios with almond milk + banana
    -smoothie with greek yogurt (or water with scoop protein powder), banana, frozen strawberries, LARGE handful of spinach, chia seeds

I need to eat first thing when I wake up with 8oz coffee and large glass of water.
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Options
    What is dd
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for great ideas
  • Options
    Wake up drink lots of water, do some affirmations, go for a walk, wake up my husband go make breakfast together. Usually salad, quinoa, avocado, whatever veggies are left from the day before and either some beans or tofu. Or oatmeal and banana.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Every morning I eat 1 whole grain, 1 protein, and maybe a fruit if I'm hungry enough. 

I like routine so for a cold bfast I usually go with a smoothie (1C chopped fzn spinach 1C plain non fat greek yogurt 2C fresh fruit all blended smoothly) and toast. Oatmeal for hot bfast. 1/2C rolled oats, 1C water, and 2 tbs of nut butter.