January 2017 Moms
Options

Anyone else feel like they're going to EXPLODE after they eat!?

I have a very small frame...I was about 99 lbs before pregnancy, and I'm 5'2, and thin but kind of athletic build.
Lately when I eat, I get SO uncomfortable afterwards! Like my belly is going to just explode...it feels like it's literally stretching, and sometimes I can't even stand up straight lol. Anyone else having this? I'm trying to figure out how to deal with it, since this is my first time weighing 110 lbs, and it's mostly in my belly :wink:

Re: Anyone else feel like they're going to EXPLODE after they eat!?

• Options
    I have that problem too sometimes. 

The he only way I've found to solve it is to eat a couple of bites, wait a minute for that to settle, then eat another couple bites. Also don't eat as much in one meal. Eat smaller meals and more of them. 

Takes forever to eat that way but at least I don't feel like exploding or up chucking afterwards. 

Hope this helps. Good luck
  • Options
    Eeek, that sounds really uncomfortable.  I don't have that issue currently (5'3" and 157lb when I got pregnant), but in my other two pregnancies, I definitely got there in my 3rd tri....soooo uncomfortable. If not many people are in your boat right now, we all will be soon enough!
    I'm sorry it feels like that.  I assume you're doing lots of small meals throughout the day?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not yet. With my first pregnancy, this started around 35 weeks. I had to restrict the amount I would eat in one sitting, and wait 30 minutes before eating again. It's a horrible feeling. 
  • Options
    Yes I have this and it so bad! Like @OfficialBillie just take a few bites and let it settle and eating more small meals really does help!
    Baby Boy 3 is on the way! 
    Due 1/21/17
  • Options
    I had this horribly several weeks ago. I had to eat in stages and even then I felt like I had trouble breathing and getting comfortable after meals. I'm not sure why it's miraculously gotten more bearable (not gone now, but better), but it has. I'm assuming at some point it will get bad again as we get bigger and bigger as PP have said. 
  • Options
    Yep! I'm there with you.  It happened much later in my last pregnancy.  Your uterus is most likely pretty high already and pushing against your stomach.  Like PP said, try to eat smaller meals more often and eat a little at a time when eating a meal to give your stomach a chance to catch up.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Went through that several times already. Now, I carry Tums in my purse just in case.

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• Options
    newyearsbaby5newyearsbaby5 member
    edited August 2016
    @Qbanrican84 yes, totally. it sucks. All that "eating for two" crap (even though I know you're not supposed to) wouldn't even be possible. I get full after the smallest meals. Sure, it's a good thing so we can't overeat, but I'm never hungry for an actual meal if I had a snack. (Sure, i guess I could stop snacking, but snacks are so good)
  • Options
    It happens to me sometimes too. Even when I don't eat much. I'll be full, full, full, then suddenly starving! Trying to eat smaller amounts more often.
  • Options
    Yes! Although some days seem worse than others. Sometimes I can't eat more than snacks all day, and even then I tote tums. Usually this is when my stomach feels extra tight. Other days, I can pack the food away with no problem.
  • Options
    Yes, I am about the same size as you and can never eat anything close to a full meal.  I always just snack all day long when pregnant instead of eating full meals.  It doesn't get any better as the months go on.  Just space out your eating.
    DS1: 9/29/12
    DS2: 11/5/14
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Yes and no.  I definitely feel uncomfortable after I eat.  I went to the pool with my husband and son this morning and was feeling great, like, hey, I don't look pregnant and am kinda rocking it... By early evening, I was staring at my huge gut while sitting down thinking I look really freaking pregnant - the bloat is real.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    Well I'm glad I'm not alone! Yea I was telling my husband that I can't even imagine how it's going to be later, if I already feel like this! Lol

I guess it makes sense though, to have more smaller meals throughout the day, gonna have to work on that bc I'm such a piggy and I love to just a lot in one sitting, as well as snack hehe.

@Wholesome LOL sounds like me everyday, everyone keeps saying I have twins in there...
  • Options
    I've been the same way.  I think this baby is higher than my previous two.  I never had this issue before.  And I am an exceptionally slow eater normally.  I'll let  know if i find soethign that helps  lol

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hmm. Not yet but I did have that in my late second and all of my third trimester 
  • Options
    Yes and I can't put any more food in my belly and it comes back up, but I am still hungry. I am tiny like you.
  • Options
    Me too! Definitely not a good feeling! I go from STARVING to full to the brim within in a manner of bites. 
  • Options
    I have to bring this one back! I've never felt this way until a few days ago. I think everything with my bump is finally starting to push on my stomach. I feel so full after I eat, I start to feel nauseous. By the end of the day, I'm so uncomfortable. I'm trying to eat smaller meals throughout the day, but it's not as easy as I thought it would be with pregnancy hunger raging. 
  • Options
    I'm feeling this way too!  I am getting heartburn if I don't eat often enough, but every time I eat I'm uncomfortable afterwards.  I'm struggling to find the right balance of timing and amounts.

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So insane!! I had a small bowl of homemade mac and cheese and then 4 oreos and I have been full for 4 hours!!!! I'm dead! I need to get out of work so i can lay down haha
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I absolutely had this and still do to a degree.  The weird thing is that now it's kind of changed.  Now after I eat, even a totally reasonably sized meal, my stomach will feel stretched.  It's not that super full feeling as much, but almost like my entire torso is being stretched and I feel it all the way up past where my uterus is around my ribs.  Does anyone have that?  I felt it really horribly last night after dinner up until when I went to sleep, and then when I woke up it was gone.  Then I had a bowl of cereal this morning and it came right back so it certainly feels like it's related to eating. 
  • Options
    Yes, this baby does seem to be sitting high, and I guess pushing intestines and stuff up too? When I did my ultrasound this week, the baby was sitting across my stomach right at my belly button level. I feel uncomfortable after every meal. 
  • Options
    Exactly how mine was @teach123. Horizontal across my belly button. He/she flipped during it, but stayed in that same position so the head and feet were oriented differently, but still horizontal!
  • Options
    This totally happens to me! Except that I am full and uncomfortable but still sooooooo hungry.  
    DD1 (2008) DD2 (2010), #3 (DH's first bio kid) on the way in January 2017!
    Almost always mobile bumping--forgive my typos. :)
  • Options
    @christac1010 exactly! that's how I feel, it's so frustrating because I'm starving, but can only eat a little bit. 
    @LoneStar21416 yes! that's the feeling I get, the stretching, it's so weird and uncomfortable, but hey, like I keep telling myself "as long as baby is healthy, i'll put up with anything LOL :)
  • Options
    I feel as if someone took a tire pump and pumped up my belly today. I am soooo out of breath and very uncomfortable. I think I am going to have to start breaking up my meals..... I am so miserable today! 
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021