Pregnant after IF

Normal embryos after a cycle of PGS abnormals ?

I'm a little anxious, so thought I would post here.

I was wondering if anyone had normal embryos after a cycle of abnormal ones ? 
Our first ER (I was 34) resulted in 6 day 5 blasts but after PGS, only one tested normal. The FET with that embryo did not take. We just completed our 2nd ER (I'm 37 now) & had only 2 day 5 blasts. Our RE said there wasnt a point in doing PGS testing on 2 embryos and said we should only do an FET and let my body figure it out as its less invasive.

I have been trying to stay positive but got a bit anxious today, I wanted to ask if anyone here had normal embryos after a completely unsuccessful cycle ? TIA!

DH :  36, has Chronic Kidney Disease, on dialysis & is waiting on the transplant list (average wait for B+ is 5 years)

Me:   36, Hypothyroidism, PCOS, BMI 32, need to be done with "child bearing" ASAP so that I can be a Kidney donor (was fun realizing we didn't as much time as we thought :-/ )

We're TTC#1

IUI #1 : 5mcg Letrozole (CD 3-7) + Ovidrel Trigger + Had the one follicle = BFN  (March 2014)

IUI #2 : 5mcg Letrozole (CD 3-7) + 150 iu Bravelle on CD9 (after much begging!) + Had the one follicle = BFN (April 2014)

7th May 2014 - changed REs, this one seems to care (we think....)

IUI #3 : 7mcg Letrozole (CD 3- 7) + 75 iu Bravelle (CD 8-12) + CD12 Scan 5/16 + Had 3 follicles (2 under 15mm) = BFN(May 2014)

IUI #4 : 7mcg Letrozole (CD 3- 7) + 75 iu Bravelle (CD 8-12) + CD12 Scan 5/16 + Had 1 follicle + DH gave best sample so far = BFN(June 2014)

IVF#1 -  ER Only Cycle Sept-Oct 2014, 17  eggs Retrieved, 14 mature, 10 fertilized, 6 made it to Blast & post PGS  5 were not viable due to chromosomal abnormalities
Not sure where we go from here...

We're parents to two very adorable, bratty, affectionate & goofy Bernese Mountain Dog pups who would very much like a 2 legged baby brother or sister of their own!

Re: Normal embryos after a cycle of PGS abnormals ?

• We don't do PGS testing here in Scandinavia unless there is a reason, they let our bodies figure it out.
    So I don't know if we have abnormal ones and then good ones.
    All I know that my friend has twins when she was 37 with one embryo the doctors weren't convinced would make it, but it was their last try so they said 'f it, we try'.
    Which makes me believe that anything can happen.
    So try to stay positive!
    Sending you lots of baby dust!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• tvh1982, I really needed to hear that :) 

I guess the general idea is, chromosomally abnormal embryos generally don't implant and even if they do they end up in miscarriages. I did make fewer eggs this time, so hoping its better quality than last time :) 

The RE did try and explain to me that generally embryos that have defects don't have enough energy to make it to day 5 so that should have weeded out most of the incorrect ones. I guess that wasn't the case with my last cycle & to add to it everyone of those embryos were 5AA...so hopefully like you say anything is possible and this time will work (fingers crossed). Thanks again for the positive story! :)

DH :  36, has Chronic Kidney Disease, on dialysis & is waiting on the transplant list (average wait for B+ is 5 years)

Me:   36, Hypothyroidism, PCOS, BMI 32, need to be done with "child bearing" ASAP so that I can be a Kidney donor (was fun realizing we didn't as much time as we thought :-/ )

We're TTC#1

IUI #1 : 5mcg Letrozole (CD 3-7) + Ovidrel Trigger + Had the one follicle = BFN  (March 2014)

IUI #2 : 5mcg Letrozole (CD 3-7) + 150 iu Bravelle on CD9 (after much begging!) + Had the one follicle = BFN (April 2014)

7th May 2014 - changed REs, this one seems to care (we think....)

IUI #3 : 7mcg Letrozole (CD 3- 7) + 75 iu Bravelle (CD 8-12) + CD12 Scan 5/16 + Had 3 follicles (2 under 15mm) = BFN(May 2014)

IUI #4 : 7mcg Letrozole (CD 3- 7) + 75 iu Bravelle (CD 8-12) + CD12 Scan 5/16 + Had 1 follicle + DH gave best sample so far = BFN(June 2014)

IVF#1 -  ER Only Cycle Sept-Oct 2014, 17  eggs Retrieved, 14 mature, 10 fertilized, 6 made it to Blast & post PGS  5 were not viable due to chromosomal abnormalities
    Not sure where we go from here...

We're parents to two very adorable, bratty, affectionate & goofy Bernese Mountain Dog pups who would very much like a 2 legged baby brother or sister of their own!

• Loading the player...
  • Glad I could be a little bit of help.
    Definitely keeping fingers crossed. 
    It only takes one to hatch, so let that one be placed back this time.
    GL on your TWW!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers