Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

New here-TW

Baby mentioned. 

I found out I lost my baby. The baby I prayed for. Went through months and months and months (and months) of trying and planning for. Fertility treatments. Tears. 

And now nothing. D and C is scheduled for Friday. I told the doctor that I need to know if the baby was male or female. My husband doesn't want to know.  Did any of you find out? 
I feel like I have to know. 

We had just told my 2 year old he was going to be a big brother. He kissed my belly. 

How will I ever heal my broken heart

Re: New here-TW

• @JDW0325 I am sorry for your loss.  My journey has also had fertility treatments, a d&c, and lots of tears.  

Have you talked to your doctor about genetic testing of the remains of your baby?  I think it's not typically done unless it's a repeat loss situation, but from my perspective, we spent so much time, money, and energy to get pregnant, if I could learn anything from the loss that might help us going forward, I wanted to know.  In our case, that did tell us the cause of death for our baby, as well as the sex.  My OB (at the time) did not ask if we wanted to know the sex, just told me.  I think I would have said yes, but it did make it feel more real in a different way almost.  I haven't told anyone other than DH the sex, it feels like a really personal and intimate detail.  

Hugs.  I hope you find support in this amazing community, but sorry you find yourself here.  
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • @BrightenMySky
    thank you. I am sorry for your loss as well. 

yes, my OB recommended the genetic testing even though it is (thankfully) my first loss. We are going to proceed with all of it. 
    What fertility treatments did you go through if you don't mind me asking? I did Femara and IUI. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @JDW0325 thank you.  My OB didn't have opinions about genetic testing, but I think it was useful info for my RE to have as we continue treatments.  I have done 6 IUIs w/Clomid (further details in my sig) that resulted in 1 missed miscarriage discovered at 11w and 1 chemical pregnancy.  I am currently beginning IVF.
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • I am so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself. I'm keeping you in my thoughts.  <3
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!