Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wednesday

Re: WTO Wednesday

• @felix08 I would be doing the same thing lol. Everyone knows not to ruin a book for me! I am starting it this afternoon of course its been a full day of patients so reading did not happen this morning.
  • Loading the player...
  • Cycle/Month: 2/4 @bswishe4 - you made me go back and check myself, and I've been doing the same thing!!!

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: all the things - CM, BBT, OPK, EOD...etc.

R/R: not today.

CS/Q: So @aboxofchocolates made me want to ask this question - this is my first month doing OPKs, when do you usually STOP doing them? The directions in it say to start on day 12 for me, based on previous cycled,  but do you usually stop once you get a :) or do you test until you get a negative again?

GTKY: Tell us about the best party you've ever been to!

Aside from my own wedding... I've got to say, my BFF's wedding coming up next June is going to be pretty epic. I'm one of 2 MOH's, the other one is another BFF of ours, and all of the Bridesmaids, Bride and I have known each other since 1st grade. It's just such a good wedding party that it's bound to be amazing. Not to mention, the bride is an only child, so her parents are kinda splurging on her. Can't wait!

DH & I: 27
    Dating: 11/14/2010
    Married: 10/18/2014
    TTC April 2016
    BFP: 5/12/2016 ~ MC: 5/25/2016
  • @KhRun17 That sounds like it'll be a great wedding! For OPKs, I was doing them once per day until I felt confident that I had definitely O'd (including yesterday which was 2dpo), based on my temps and CM. I didn't want to miss it in case I was experiencing a false alarm. I use the cheap Wondfos so it isn't a big expense.

• @KhRun17 I kept checking myself thinking how do you mess it up? lol I am glad I am not the only one! Also your question was one of the things I have been trying to figure out so thank you lol!
  • @rainbowturtles; freeeee beeeeer for alllll the ruggersssss! Did you play?
  • @RatParade- I'm glad you and your H have such a good support system! This is completely anecdotal, but one of my friends had a seizure about 18 months ago. He went through all the tests, everything came back normal, and he hasn't had another one. Having his license suspended really sucked, but it is possible for just freak seizures to occur. His neuro told him that he would probably never have another one either. FX that everything is totally normal for you too!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @rainbowturtles - Love me some rugby players in those tiny little short shorts!

• @Becky012016 Oh, I take PNVs, I just don't list them as something I'm doing to get KU. Like I said, totally petty pet peeve, ha!
    @RatParade FX your EEG/MRI go well! Keep us updated.
  • @Becky012016 haha no, my background is in kinesiology so I was a trainer for a team/club for a while. Several of them went on to play for Team Canada so I get to watch them on TV from time to time and chat with them here and there when they're traveling the world and competing :)
  • @Becky012016 omfg hahahahaha that gif
    Me: 32 Husbando: 49
    Married Since: 7/29/2012
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @rainbowturtles; sexy man thighs for days! I played in college and the socials after games were always the best!
  • @KhRun17 my best advice for you is to take the OPKs until you get a clear shift in your temperatures indicating that you did indeed ovulate.   Some women occasionally get multiple LH surges per month (with the final surge hopefully accompanied by o) and if you stop taking the OPK after the first surge then that could really confuse you.
  •  @bornmommy I love Barcelona!!

Cycle/Month: 1/1

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: HIO ED or EOD, PNV, trying so hard not to pay too much attention to my cycle and just be relaxed. We HIO ED for 10 freaking days until my temp rose (later than expected) with my son, and it was rough. And then my beautiful, textbook perfect chart was totally wrong, and I had to have O'd 6 days before the temp rise because all early u/s showed age consistent with LMP, not my O date. I still don't understand what happened. But we clearly HIO for many many more days than we needed to, and my vag is still upset about it ;-) Anyway,  I want this baby making go-round to be a little more romantic.

R/R: I just started SAH and I cannot get my ass in gear to get a good routine going. Also I miss the old Bump. Are we allowed to swear? 

CS/Q: Nah

GTKY: Tell us about the best party you've ever been to! 
    I'll jump on the wedding band wagon; it was the most fun night of my life! Second to that, probably a "rave" I went to with my best friend, we made tutus and wore striped tights and danced our assess off. It was super fun b/c it was just about dancing and music, no sweaty randos trying to hook up. Third, I swear I've never been to a bad Mormon party. I freakin' love sober cheesy party games. 
  • @mangomimosa I miss it too! I have no idea what I can and can't do anymore. And my old BMB pretty much died after the move to TCF. 

• @mangomimosa I'm all for the swear words. I have a potty mouth IRL. 
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Trying to be more active, I know I'm usually post and ghost but living in Korea is hard man....
    @momtoleo My H would use that as an excuse for me to be on top the whole time. Hope your DH feels better soon!
    @adirat I'll take any excuse to get a hotel room and not cook dinner
    @MandyBeeSLP (and others who've commented that I'm too lazy to add) The only thing my Dr. said when I asked about TTC is that I should take a PNV. I think it's to prevent Neural Tube Defects which usually happen before you even know you're KU. It also probably doesn't hurt if you don't take a multivitamin to help you get all the vitamins and minerals you need. 
    @krisnicole23 I like preseed better than our non-fertility lube. If it wasn't so expensive for the little tube I'd use it all the time.

Cycle/Month: 2/1

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: PNV (I wouldn't be taking it if I wasn't TTC so I count it), Preseed during FW, BD ED during FW

R/R: AF is pretty much done. It's my first AF since my IUD was removed. When I had it in I had regular AFs but they were medium to light. This AF was heavy with clots the first few days and I was worried it would last forever but thankfully it's not. 

I practically had a mini mental breakdown yesterday. Mostly AF crankiness but it was stuff I've been feeling and I cracked. DH and I always suggest cool things to do or vacations and they never happen and with CD1 I was all "Everything I want to do fails" "woe is me" blah blah blah. Basically we decided we need a trip. At first DH wanted to save all his PTO in case we have a baby this spring but there's no guarantee and we could end up without a vacation and no baby. We're planning to go home for Thanksgiving now but we aren't telling our parents so we'll surprise them!

Also, we're going to the beach this weekend which is nice. We went for my birthday last month and it rained the whole time. It was a bad birthday weekend. 

CS/Q: nada

GTKY: Tell us about the best party you've ever been to! I don't like parties, at least I haven't been to one that stands out. I usually would either get shit faced or leave early. 

Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• @mangomimosa I miss it too! I have no idea what I can and can't do anymore. And my old BMB pretty much died after the move to TCF. 
    So did mine. It was one of the most active boards on TB and then we tried so hard to keep it going on TCF, but it sucked. We jumped ship to Facebook and it's nice to keep in touch with everyone, but not the same as here. I loved the snark & the culture we had on our board! It was all evidence-based, straight talk and we called everyone out on bullsh---crap, bullcrap, immediately. 
  • @mangomimosa I've only been here two months so I can't speak to the culture before/after, but feel free to swear away, I say!

• I feel like if you're old enough and mature enough to TTC, you can probably handle a few naughty words and if you don't like it just move on, unless it's really derogatory/insensitive/etc. of course.
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• I'd be game for more cussing! I think you just can't cuss at people? Somewhere in lurkerdome I saw what's allowed in tou. Like, I could say "insert X nonsense here is bullshit" but I couldn't say "you're full of bullshit"

maybe? 
  • @slavenski I'm just scared of the admins; half my last BMB got permanently banned without any warning when all the shit was going down last year. Some of them were intentionally provoking, others were hardly doing anything wrong. And thanks @Becky012016 that makes sense. 
  • @Becky012016 (I couldn't pick just one)

DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• I really need to work on my gif game @slavenski lol
  • @mangomimosa (I love mangoes btw) I play by "better safe than sorry" I guess. I'll swear but definitely don't swear at people. I just feel like there are better ways to get your point across than to call people names. I call them my color words. I drop F bombs all the time. I work on an Army base and one time a group of guys in my office were just talking and one guy apologized for another guy swearing and in my head I was like "Oh yes, my delicate female sensibilities cannot handle the male vocabulary. I will go to my office to faint now because the F bomb is so offensive". In real life I just explained that I'm from New England, I don't even notice swears anymore. 
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• @mangomimosa, we're you in April 15?
    Me: 26 DH: 27
    Married 6-15-13
    DS born 4-9-15
    Septate Uterus
    BFP 10/12/16--EDD 6/24/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mangomimosa, we're you in April 15?
    march '15
  • Gotcha. Yeah same thing happened to our board, sadly. Still in touch on Facebook though
    Me: 26 DH: 27
    Married 6-15-13
    DS born 4-9-15
    Septate Uterus
    BFP 10/12/16--EDD 6/24/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mangomimosa Whoa that's crazy. What happened? Or should I not even ask? 

@slavenski Ditto, your gifs are great!

•  @slavenski I just moved to NE & love it here!!!
  • @Becky012016 I think it's easier for me since I'm on my macbook. I just download image and drag from my downloads list to the text box. If it took more work than that it would never happen lol
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• @slavenski Yes, NE! From there originally and miss it so much! 

@mangomimosa Same with mine. Banning galore. And deactivations. 

• @mangomimosa I miss it a lot. We're stationed in South Korea right now and haven't been home in a year and a half AND we're extending till next summer. Thankfully we should be back for Thanksgiving-ish. I never thought I would miss winter. We got 3" of slush last winter and the whole city shut down until it melted that afternoon. I'm from NH but went to college in MA where I met my husband and where he's from. Our parents' houses are actually only 20mins apart since they're both on the border. 
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018