Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

PLEASE HELP!!!!! Ectopic......

Hi all. I have been going through IVF/FET for over a year. We lost our first little one thorough miscarriage on Valentines Day this past year. On July 14th we transferred our last little one. Unfortunately my HCG levels have confirmed a non viable pregnancy. 

July 25th: 41
July 27th: 41.2
July 28th: 45

We stopped all meds on Thursday and I started to spot on Saturday and this continued through this morning. When I stood up this morning I had a gush of blood come. No clots of tiny pieces of anything yet. Since then not much. All of that I expect BUT yesterday I went in for another HCG level so we could start the process of monitoring it until we reach 0. My HCG lever yesterday was 55. Not going down at all. I know 100% no baby will come from this pregnancy but I just do not understand why I am bleeding with a small rise in my HCG. The doctor called firth thing this morning to tell me I needed to be at the office tomorrow morning at 730 so we can test again. If it goes up ad does not drop we will need to find out what is wrong and move froward as soon as possible with treatment.

Has anyone experienced this and what was their diagnosis?????

We are worried possible ectopic. I am having lots of pains and cramps on only one side.....the right side. I know we will know more after tomorrows draw but this is emotional torture. I know I am miscarrying and that is tough all in itself but to see the numbers are still at a slow rise baffles me. Last miscarriage they steadily went down from the moment I was told I was loosing out baby. Never once did they go up.

I just need some advice, maybe what to expect and a little hand holding. We will not be pursing any other treatment and will be moving on to adopting so getting this over with is all I want and now it seems it just is hanging on when it should be letting go. 

Thank you so much for your help......I really need it<3
ME 37 + DH 40
Tried to conceive first baby over a year. 
October 2015: Began IVF <3
November 2015: 15 Eggs Retrieved, 10 Viable, 8 Fertilized through ICSI, 4 6 Day Blastocysts Made It To Freeze!!!!
December 2015: FET #1 Transferred 1 6 Day Blastocyst BFN :(
January 2016: FET #2 Transferred 2 6 Day Blastocyst BFP!!!!!
February 19, 2016: Officially lost our little blueberry through natural miscarriage. 
July 17, 2016: FET #3 Transferred 1 6 Day Blastocyst BFP!!!!!
August 2016: Officially lost our little bean through natural miscarriage. 

!!!!!!SURPRISE!!!!!!
Natural pregnancy October 2016!!!!!
Our Miracle Rainbow Baby
Due Date July 20, 2017

http://danica-thethingstheydonttellyou.blogspot.com/
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!! Ectopic......

• I am sorry for your losses.  I have not experienced this sort of loss, but I've been through IF and loss and I can hold your (internet) hand.  I would also just encourage you to call your doctor if you have questions or are worried about anything and don't think you should wait until when you go in tomorrow.  Hugs.  
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • Thank you so much for your love and support. I will take you internet hand:-) I resting with the help of pain meds right now. He gave me a list of things to watch for between now and tomorrow. I'll keep you posted as we move through the next few days. 
    ME 37 + DH 40
    Tried to conceive first baby over a year. 
    October 2015: Began IVF <3
    November 2015: 15 Eggs Retrieved, 10 Viable, 8 Fertilized through ICSI, 4 6 Day Blastocysts Made It To Freeze!!!!
    December 2015: FET #1 Transferred 1 6 Day Blastocyst BFN :(
    January 2016: FET #2 Transferred 2 6 Day Blastocyst BFP!!!!!
    February 19, 2016: Officially lost our little blueberry through natural miscarriage. 
    July 17, 2016: FET #3 Transferred 1 6 Day Blastocyst BFP!!!!!
    August 2016: Officially lost our little bean through natural miscarriage. 

!!!!!!SURPRISE!!!!!!
    Natural pregnancy October 2016!!!!!
    Our Miracle Rainbow Baby
    Due Date July 20, 2017

http://danica-thethingstheydonttellyou.blogspot.com/
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't have any experience but I'm so sorry for your losses.  Keep us posted on how you're doing. Sending you lots of good thoughts, prayers,  and hugs! 

Me 36 DH 34 - Married May 2010
    DX: PCOS/Unexplained Infertility/MTHFR Mutation
    TTC since December 2014
    Fresh Transfer: Gonal, Menopur, Cetrotide. ~ Chemical Pregnancy :(  
    FET #1: 1st Beta- 3,792~ 2nd Beta- 4,227~ BFP ~ Miscarriage at 8 weeks :( 
    FET #2: 1st Beta 207~2nd Beta 235~ BFP~ Miscarriage at 6 weeks :(
    FET #3: 1st Beta 18~ 2nd Beta 44~BFP~ Miscarriage 5 weeks :(
    FET #4: 1st Beta 50~ 2nd Beta 97.7~ Miscarriage 6 weeks 5 days :(
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    Miracle Natural BFP Estimated Due Date June 2019~ God is good 
    2 snow babies 

• I'm so sorry. I just went through this and my pregnancy was ectopic. My betas doubled every 3 days. However, yours could just be non viable and in your uterus. Unfortunately, only time will tell. If it is ectopic, your hcg levels are still low enough to save your tube but, if you've been doing IVF, you don't need your tubes. 

All I can say is, ((hugs)). I've been there.
  • @danica01 I had a CP where my hCG went up even after I was bleeding heavily, and I thought it might be ectopic but it wasn't.  I was on vaginal progesterone after IUI so I think that messed me up.  (I put my numbers below for reference.  I started bleeding on 6/12 and stopped on 7/16.)  I had lots of gushes and clotting at first. You mentioned that you were on medication in your post so if you're on/were on any kind of progesterone, my observation from my experience and others I've read here is that you will start bleeding but your hCG might still continue to rise.  If the numbers go up and down and up and down that can mean it's ectopic. I've also read here that if the numbers went down then back up again (but didn't yoyo), you may have been pregnant with twins and only lost one; I know you said you only transferred 1 egg but it could have split into identical twins and maybe you lost one but still have another.  Do you have any pregnancy symptoms still?

I'm really, really sorry for your losses and your long IVF journey.  I can't imagine the pain you must be feeling.  It's seems like insult to injury to have a loss then possibly have to deal with it being ectopic.  I really hope that isn't the case.

We are all here for you!  Please keep us posted on what happens today.  Hang in there girlie!  Sending hugs!

Date    hCG
    06/09/16    12
    06/13/16    56
    06/16/16    240
    06/17/16    340
    06/20/16    312
    06/27/16    42
    07/05/16    28.6
    07/12/16    10.7
    07/19/16    1
  • Mine was similar, with the added oddity of numbers going down then up. When the bleeding started, I was something around 80, then went down to 50, then back up to 100ish (I forget the exact numbers). My progesterone was also tested and was very low. It was too early and the numbers were too low to see anything on ultrasound. My doc decided it was most likely ectopic, and recommended methotrexate to "resolve the pregnancy".

As for what to expect: first, your numbers are really low, which means the chances of rupture (the most terrifying part of having an ectopic) are low. Still, if you get intense pain or very heavy bleeding (more than a pad an hour) go to the ER and tell them about the suspected ectopic. Your doc may watch your numbers a little longer, maybe a rise that small is within the margin of error for their equipment.

If it is ectopic, there are 2 options: D&C (surgery to cut it out) or methotrexate (MTX, a drug that stops cell growth of fast developing cells, used mainly for chemotherapy but also ectopics). For me, MTX was the best choice because my numbers were low and because MTX is less likely to cause scarring and more fertility problems. If you get MTX, it is an injection into your hips/upper buttocks. it may burn a bit going in, but it's not excruciating. they had me sit there for 30 months after the injection to watch for adverse reactions. That plus the amount of setup they had to do for this dangerous drug (special protective gown, gloves, mask, 2 nurses double checking everything)they, it took over an hour. They then take your betas at day 3 and 7 after the shot. Day 3 probably goes up, then they look for a 15% drop from day 3 to 7 to say it worked. If it didn't work, you go through the process again. If it did work, they monitor betas until they're negative. My doc said no sex until betas are negative (about a month for me), then no unprotected sex until 3 months post MTX (that was the obgyn. The RE said we can start TTC 1 month after the shot, that should give it plenty of time to not effect a new baby). Also, no folic acid until betas are negative. If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to try to answer. I just went through this last month
  • I am so sorry for your loss. I absolutely love the way you have decided to remember your little one.  <3
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • I am so sorry. :( hug
  • I know how you feel. I loved the build a bear idea, that is so so sweet. I had an ectopic and after 2 shots of mtx that didn't work and had the entire left tube removed. So now I'm a traveling one tuber :). Before that we've been trying for a bit over a year until we discovered that I had a fairly large polyp in my uterus. We had that removed then got pregnant with the ectopic pregnancy first shot! It was hell. I'm still not 100% healed. I went through so many different emotions through that it was just amazing how quickly that all happened. I'm sure after all you've been through, the worst is now over, give yourself time to heal and you will have your rainbow baby very soon. Amen.
  • @danica01 you brought tears to my eyes, you are so strong and I'm sorry beyond words for what you've had to endure. You'll be in my prayers. Big hugs
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• @danica01 There aren't words to express how sorry I am. I love, love, love your Build A Bear idea and think it's a beautiful way to look forward with remembrance. I'm so sorry you are going through this but glad you have an amazing husband. My heart breaks for you. Sending hugs!
  • @danica01 I am just reading your story now and I just want to express how so so sorry I am for your loss. Sending you love.  

Pregnancy Ticker