Potty Training

Can't get him to #2 on potty

so my son is going to be 2.5 in September and I only diaper him now when a.) he is napping or sleeping for the night or b.) we are in town doing something. I'm not in a huge rush and am pretty relaxed about the whole potty training process and think he is doing great considering his age--he pees on the potty all the time, stays dry in undies if we go every 30+ min. BUT I cannot for the life of me get him to go #2 on it lol. We give him stickers (which he loves) whenever he goes and sometimes a little gummy the rare times he does happen to poo, which when he does we make a HUGE deal out of it and celebrate like crazy. We've tried to have him sit there a while, sing songs or read books but the boy will not poo. He will literally wait to poo til he is in a diaper or pull up for nap or nighttime (for whatever reason he never goes out on the town lol no idea why). And he does not like the way it feels either and he poops pry about two times a day, at predictable times. Any suggestions of what to do? My husband thinks we shouldn't do diapers at nap and then this will force him to go on the potty but if it fails, what a fun mess that will be to clean up lol (especially since he sleeps with a ton of stuffed animals and id hate for them to get icky haha)

i sort of think he may be a tad confused and thinks right now pee is for potty only and poo for diapers. How do I help him understand both go in the potty?

if all else fails, like I said I'm super relaxed and not in a hurry and have an attitude of it'll happen when it happens:)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Can't get him to #2 on potty

• I suggest some trying some books? Everybody Poops. It Hurts When I Poop. Where's The Poop?  All of those are good and my son really related to them. They still want to read them! Lol
  • No advice but so you know I am in the same boat.  Wears undies all day and no accidents, even during nap but he holds his poo all day until we get a diaper on him at night and then he goes.  Stickers and candy is not working.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm having the same problem. My son will be 3 in September, and he makes us put a pull up on him to poo. Of course, knowing what he is up to, we make him sit on the toilet bc we know he has to poo. But, he just screams and freaks out. Has like a fear of pooping in the toilet. We've tried everything.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Be careful with the cold turkey technique. My son is going to be 4 in July, and he also will not poo in the potty. He knows that is where it should go, but refuses to do it. When we tried just putting him in undies full time, he ended up holding it for a week, then screaming that his stomach hurt. Suppositories and laxatives later (his doctor gave us specific instructions) and he finally went. Doc said to hold off on training completely and essentially start the whole process over. Not a good few weeks in our household.