February 2017 Moms
Options

Pregnancy journaling?

hello lovelies!

anyone starting to document their journey? I've been thinking to start mine this week (10wks so I have lots to say now) mostly so I can use this as a tool to guilt future child "LOOK HOW SICK I WAS" jk - kinda.

i am going to use a plain journal and tart it up with printables from Pinterest - anyone else feeling crafty?

ps: SN is from a wedding 6 years ago! Don't judge. 

Re: Pregnancy journaling?

• Options
    I've thought about it. I didn't do one with my son or daughter so I am on the fence. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't done a pregnancy journal, but I did put together one that I write to DS yearly or when big events happen. So I wrote when he was born, then when he was a year, then when we found out about our current pregnancy, and next for his birthday. I plan on giving it to him once he's older and possibly having his own children or whenever he's old enough to appreciate it. Then again he may just think I'm weird lol. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't done an actual journal, but I do take all my appointment tickets, and ultra sound pictures and keep them in an album. It includes information along the way. I did it with my first 2, I had special books for keeping track of fun information but never filled them out.

I was going to attach a photo but there was too much info to try and edit out.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I purchased The Belly Book off amazon for my first pregnancy, and I actually found the same one at a yard sale (unused) for a few bucks that I've started filling out for this pregnancy.

I like it because it's set up to put in u/s pics and weekly pics of the baby bump. It asks questions and also has blank space throughout so you can put as much or as little as you want. It's been fun to look back and compare pregnancies and it looks like I was crafty, but didn't require too much effort. 
  • Options
    +1 for the belly book, I used it for my DS and its so cute not in an overly cutesy kind of way though, it was really fun to fill out and then add my belly pics to it. I go back and look through it often when I'm feeling broody. And yes little to no effort but looks super cute and put together when done 
  • Options
    I have a belly book, too. I like it a lot because it guides me on what to write.  Otherwise, with my pregnancy brain, I would just ramble about random things.  

• Options
    edited August 2016
    I haven't even been able to keep DS' baby book up to date, let alone a pregnancy journal.  

It is a sweet idea, though.  

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    becks13-2becks13-2 member
    edited August 2016
    I've been journaling! I actually started when my husband and I were trying to get pregnant... a lot of disappointed entries, but it was worth it for the big excited one. My husband used a journal with a poem in it to propose to me so I've been using that, it's got our first year of marriage documented in it as well as our adventure trying to get pregnant and now being pregnant. I got back into writing in a journal when I was dealing with a particularly bad bout of depression in college, so it's just translated into this aspect of my life now, even though my depression and anxiety have subsided.
  • Options
    Another +1 for The Belly Book. I did it with DS and have enjoyed looking back from time to time. I shopped around a little last month and ended up ordering another Belly Book. 
  • Options
    I started one with our son.  Had full intentions of documenting the whole thing but it didn't last long lol  
    I did however take pictures each week and am doing that this time too. 
  • Options
    That sounds like something I'd totally spend a ton of money and time creating a beautiful book, write in it for a week, and then never touch it again!  I'm terrible about completing that type of thing.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    I haven't been journaling, but I have a pregnancy baby book binder going. I have sonograms with details like heartbeat and weeks along, and also baby bump progression pics. And I included comments to the baby with the sonograms, it's almost like a pregnancy scrapbook.  
  • Options
    No journaling. Last pregnancy I wrote some letters to my daughter. Hopefully I will do that this time too!
  • Options
    I basically just have a blank journal that we've been writing some random daily entries in occasionally, usually after a sonogram or telling someone else about the pregnancy. I hope that some day this little one wants to read it! Mostly its a place to air my love, excitement, and occasionally anxious thoughts haha but I think it's more so something I'll end up appreciating much further down the road or in a new pregnancy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So technically this isn't a journal but I did create an email address for DS and occasionally, I send him emails for special occasions or if I took a super cute photo of him.  I plan to give him the login info when he's older so he can read through them one day, if he wants.  

I plan to do the same with this LO.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    I write in a journal every night. I address the entries to the baby. Some of the entries are boring, others are more thoughtful. I just write about the day, thoughts, fears, and weekly updates about the size and developments of the baby. Maybe he'll want to read it later. Maybe it's just for me. Maybe I'll compile the best entries and do something special later. I haven't figured it out. For now, I just wrote every night and force myself to only write one page.