Anatomical Survey ultrasound? — The Bump
2nd Trimester

Anatomical Survey ultrasound?

Good Morning Ladies. I'm from the January 2017 mom group. Question, This is my fourth pregnancy.  Since I declined afp tetra quad, First Trimester Screen and cell-free fetal DNA  test  they want me to do a Anatomical Survey ultrasound at 20 weeks. Does anyone know anything about this type of Ultrasound? 

- All my pregnancies been normal no problems at all. 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Anatomical Survey ultrasound?

• Twenty week anatomy scans are pretty routine, at least where I'm from and in my former BMB.
    ChaoticWolf
  • Sounds like the typical 20 week anatomy scan to me.  It's common practice to check baby's overall growth and development as well as organs, regardless of what other tests you have done or declined previously in the pregnancy.
    ChaoticWolf
  • Loading the player...
  • Did you not have an anatomy scan with your last 3 pregnancies? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
    Gingermom15ChaoticWolf
  • Thanks Ladies. 
    @sdLindenberg I just had a regular 20 weeks ultrasound never a level 2. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Isn't the 20 week scan considered a level II? Or am I wrong? 
  • If the level II is more in depth than the 20 week AS there is a reason. Are you over the age of 35? Have you asked your dr to elaborate?
  • The anatomy scan is your standard 20 week ultrasound. It's called that because they measure all the stuff (as you know from your previous scans with your other children). A level 1 scan are those quick ones to check position or heartbeat or whatever. 

That's the way my Dr explained it to me, anyway
    splsmama2016ChaoticWolfMzFergie77
  • Thanks Ladies. 
    @sdLindenberg I just had a regular 20 weeks ultrasound never a level 2. 
    I'm confused. Its my understanding that the 20 week ultrasound (aka 20 week Anataomy Scan) checks length of bones, head, checks for organs, and its also normally when you learn the sex of the baby. And its standard procedure in the US. Did you not have this done with your last pregnancies?

Pregnancy Ticker
    ChaoticWolf