January 2017 Moms
Options

Sunday ticker change 7.31.16

What's new with baby? How far along are you?

Have you done anything this week to prepare for baby?

Rants / raves / questions / symptoms:

When's your next appointment?

GTKY: you are offered one extra hour per day with the caveat that you must spend it the same way each time. What do you choose to do with it?
TW: MMC
BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
———
Diagnoses and Treatments
PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
———
BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

Re: Sunday ticker change 7.31.16

• Options

17 weeks! Baby is the size of a game controller lol. I think I felt Cletus move again this morning.

Started my registry yesterday. Still have a long way to go - if I felt overwhelmed in a section I hurts didn't choose anything. I put a whopping 9 items on at buy buy baby lol. At babies R us I got 30 I think. 

Rant: I really have had an overall easy pregnancy, very manageable nausea, and fatigue as expected - but. My bladder some times makes me want to cry. I can't stand when I feel like I have to go and nothing comes out but a tiny dribble. I was tested for a UTI and nothing. My OB thinks it's just cystitis and I hate it. 

Rave: my mom got the sweetest snuggliest body suit yesterday. I can't wait to make Cletus a tiny squishy yeti! 

August 22nd but we are sneaking my mom into the clinic tonight to take a peek. 

GTKY: you are offered one extra hour per day with the caveat that you must spend it the same way each time. What do you choose to do with it?

I stole this question from another board. Now I would probably use it to do something fun like crocheting or something like that. Once Cletus comes I might wish I had picked to sleep lol. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    @ceclarlinetlo I've had cyctitus in the past a few times. You need to have it confirmed and treated, otherwise it can work its way up to your kidneys and cause you alot of pain. Drinking cranberry juice can help a little but I always needed a course of antibiotics to clear it. Don't out up with it, especially if it feels like you are peeing razor blades 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    fionnualajanefionnualajane member
    edited July 2016

15 weeks
    Added champagne to the baby registery after watching a documentary on the Portland hospital in London.

Sex leaves me feeling like I've been pounded but hubby is very gentle.

Lots of appointments as iron was low but platelets high.

Meditate.
  • Options
    What's new with baby? How far along are you? 18 weeks! Time. Is. Flying. Baby likes to party at night and sleep during the day, according to the movements I feel. We did an elective ultrasound because I can't do my anatomy scan until 21 or 22 weeks because of vacations... We're having a little boy!! We were a little bummed because we have talked about our girl name forever, but I keep reminding H it's just a name--the baby will be who he is, and the best part is he'll be a bit like us and a bit like himself... Feels so real now. The thought of raising a boy is so much more "me", even though I know it's stereotypes and whatnot. Plus my sister just had a little boy and we're best friends, so now our two dudes can grow up being partners-in-crime... It will be the best. (They'll be 8 months apart)

Have you done anything this week to prepare for baby?  We found a daycare--what a relief, and we're moving forward with house renovation plans. Ordered a super fab couch for LO's room where we'll read him all of the Harry Potter books. Now I feel like there is nothing we really have to do for a long while. 

Rants / raves / questions / symptoms: I guess this is kind of a rant. People LOVE asking personal questions. I cannot get over how many people have asked me if this was an accident/unplanned. Given our love of travel and overall dislike of children (sorry LO, you'll be different!!), everyone keeps thinking this was a total surprise to us (even our families! Thus far, one friend who knew we were "trying" believed me. Everyone else, cue awkward questions). The fact that we haven't posted anything on social media yet hasn't helped our case (it's like friends think we just found out the day before, so we didn't have time to do a FB post--who knows). Honestly, I wanted to wait until I was far enough along in the pregnancy where I actually felt pregnant to announce because I get uncomfortable about these types of things, all the questions, & excitement. Now that I feel LO move daily and we know it's a little dude who has grown SO much since our last ultrasound (even sans baby bump), I think I'm ready for this to be real. Rant over. 

When's your next appointment? 21 weeks (might have to move to 22 weeks) for anatomy scan and OB check-in. So far from now, but with an awesome vacay in between so I'll take it!

GTKY: you are offered one extra hour per day with the caveat that you must spend it the same way each time. What do you choose to do with it? This would definitely be when I'm not pregnant, but I love to drink wine and watch the sunset. I'd use my extra hour to guarantee life can slow down a bit so I can stop and enjoy the ending of the day, or use that time to get to a new location to watch the sun go down. Wine would be involved with all sunset watching (duh).
  • Options
    14 weeks

This week was actually crazy productive. Hired a midwife for pre- and post-natal care, interviewing doulas today and tomorrow (I feel a little bad since I've basically already decided who my favorite is without really even speaking to them), and we had the first trimester screening on Thursday. Got to see the LO punching around in there, got a reassuring bill of health, and received some super creepy 3D printouts. Gotta love science.

I've been fighting a potential sinus infection for a week and a half, and I think I need to cave and go to a doctor. I called up my OB pretty much as soon as it started and was told there's basically nothing OTC I'm allowed to take (because Germans are afraid of pharmaceuticals), so I've been toughing it out with various teas and I don't think my poor sinuses can take it any longer.

August 15th checkup

I would want to read. Reading for me these days consists of basically skimming shitty political articles, and I would love some alone time to just decompress and read for fun.
    *************************************************************************************************************Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    18 weeks! Babies are the size of artichokes or sweet potatoes or croissants

Right now I'm working on finishing our master bath (it's been languishing in disrepair for months) I consider this "getting ready" because I want to get most of my projects done first (but somehow I must've thrown out my tile spacers?? Waiting for H to get back from HD with some, I can't go to HD or I'd be gone all day lol) 

My belly feels so tight!! I'm measuring 24+ weeks and I just don't know how we're supposed to keep stretching 

Thursday TTTS scan and glucose test round 1 (ugh I have to do it twice) 

This would be the perfect opportunity to clean/ organize the house daily without messing with everything else I have to do. I really suck at cleaning, particularly keeping up with it during the week  :#
  • Options
    18 weeks! 

I bought my first baby item tonight at Target! And, we installed (with new ductwork, wiring, etc.) a gorgeous new oven this weekend. Not necessary part of preparing for baby, but it's nice to have an oven again. (The one that came with the house we bought a few months ago was broken.) @TinaBelcher I made 5 trips to Home Depot/Lowe's this weekend. We practically live there! Happy renovating! 

I've only felt the baby once; I'm looking forward to he/she getting a bit bigger and feeling more movement. 

Rave: I currently have cookies baking in my new super fancy oven. And... I happen to make the best cookies all of time (seriously), so it's pretty exciting. 3 more minutes!

I have an "OB Education" appt on Friday. All the normal business, plus some info on local classes, etc. 

Re: extra hour. When I started to answer this, I immediately thought of 5-6 totally conflicting things! Meditate, yoga, hike, clean, design and work on jewelry, cook, garden... Eep. Can I have 6 extra hours? I think I'll go with clean/organize, with the hope that getting things more sorted would make the rest of my day more efficient and have time to do other things! 

Cookie time! Have a great week, everyone! 
  • Options
    I'm 17 weeks- pomegranate

My husband and I finally started on getting the nursery cleaned out... it's going to take a long time since we have been using the extra room as everything from a dump room to his office.  We need to move around some of the furniture in our room too so that we can move his desk into our bedroom.  

I guess my only real rave this week is how much stronger my nails are.  They have always broken or chipped before so this is nice. 

I scheduled an extra ultrasound for tomorrow.  My doctor wrote bleeding on the prescription but we are mainly going in to find out the baby's gender.  

Honestly I feel like I could use an extra hour a day just to make up for all of the time I spend peeing.  I would love to get back the time I could have spent sleeping, cleaning, or just cuddling with my husband.  I could also use it for manis/pedis to show off my new stronger nails. 
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    17 weeks- baby onion. 

Trying to help 1st baby adjust. 

8/8

Bank or bills.
    ** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
    Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
    DS: December 19, 2011
    MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers