Infertility
Hi Bumpies,

We sincerely apologize for the continued log-in issues you're experiencing with our Community. Our Tech team has prioritized this issue and is actively working on a solution; we are hoping to have a fix released soon. We know this glitch is extremely inconvenient and we really appreciate your continued patience and understanding.

If you have any questions or additional concerns, please email us at support@thebump.com.

Thanks,
The Bump Team

Question about natural progesterone cream (child mentioned)

QueenJames1QueenJames1 member
Photogenic
edited July 2016 in Infertility
Hi I am fairly new here and this is my first post so please excuse me if I make any mistakes. I am a mother of a 13yo DD. and have been trying to conceive again for more than 2 years. From my doctor I have learned I don't ovulate often. My cycles could be up to almost 80 days long. I tried clomid for 3 cylces and did not ovulate. Once I stopped clomid I had a 28 day cycle and ovulated. Unfortunately my DH wasnt in town to do the BD with me. That was last year. My progesterone was pretty low so I decided to try natural progesterone cream, in an attempt to find a natural way to kick my ovaries into gear. I have been using it for 3 cycles. (abt 40mg/day divided into two doses) I start it on day 14 of my cycle and I have been having 20 day cycles since. my periods are also much better and only 5 days but 20 days is a fairly short cycle. Does anyone have any success stories or suggestions?

Re: Question about natural progesterone cream (child mentioned)

• I have a co worker that used it but I don't think she had anything diagnosed other than she was 40 trying for her first. *TW* she had an early mc and then ttc for another couple months with the cream. When she finally got pg her obgyn didn't seem too impressed and she had to ween off the cream. 
    Me: 30 DH: 33
    Married since 9/13/2014  <3
    TTC since 9/13/2014
    Me: fibroid removed 11/2015
    DH: low count 3-5 million

IVF#1 ER 5/30/2016: 20 eggs/6 fertilized with ICSI 1 implanted 3 frozen .... BFN
    FET#1 8/4 beta#1 10 -CP
    FET#2 10/6 Beta#1 364!!! 
    EDD 6/20/17
    Baby Emily Renee born 6/4/17 6lbs 10oz 18 3/4inches  :) <3

• I wouldn't use progesterone cream without your doctor's supervision. If you are using the cream before you ovulate then you could actually be preventing ovulation. My RE has be start progesterone 2-3 days after ovulation has been confirmed.

TTC#1 Since March 2015
    MFI and FFI
    April 2017/May 2017 - IVF