April 2016 Moms

Mommy & Me: July 2016 Update

Hello! I know I skipped June...(whoops!) But, we can resume for July! :) 

MOMMY:

Postpartum recovery (birth control, weight loss/gain, mental health, etc): 

Things I did to treat/pamper myself:

Work/life balance or SAHM schedule(s): 

One lesson I have learned so far about motherhood is: 

BABY:

LO is ______ weeks old!

Milestones (smiling, rolling over etc):

Baby really loved:

Baby absolutely hated: 

Weight Gain/Height:

Re: Mommy & Me: July 2016 Update

• MOMMY:

Postpartum recovery (birth control, weight loss/gain, mental health, etc): Been on BCP since about 8 weeks PP; decided to put off the tubal ligation until next year (have to catch up on these crazy medical bills from delivery!) Tummy is getting flatter, even though I'm not sticking to my exercise schedule like I should.

Things I did to treat/pamper myself: The usual mani/pedi appointments and had lunch once with friends.

Work/life balance or SAHM schedule(s): Work/life balance is okay. I've been back to work since 6 weeks PP. I've pretty much fell into a routine again. DH works nights so I am the "lead parent" during the week. LO is blossoming at daycare while I'm at work. (I do wish that I could be off work until his 1st birthday, though.)

One lesson I have learned so far about motherhood is: Trust your gut. Don't let anyone tell you different when it comes to how you care for your child. You know what's best. Trust that fact and don't second guess your actions.

BABY:

LO is 16 weeks old!

Milestones (smiling, rolling over etc): LO rolled over from front to back at 15 weeks. He is drooling more and more, so I am sure that the teething process has started. He is laughing at everything DH does and likes to "box" with him during playtime.

Baby really loved: Sleeping. He is sleeping an average of 9-10 hours each night with no interruptions!

Baby absolutely hated: His car seat. Don't know why...but, he has a fit. (Even with toys on the handle to entertain him.)

Weight Gain/Height: He's gained about 3 more inches and maybe 3.5 lbs (estimated)
  • MOMMY:

Postpartum recovery (birth control, weight loss/gain, mental health, etc): I was basically back to pre-baby weight 2 weeks after having baby, thank you breastfeeding and being in shape...would love to work out more because I do miss it...BUT tired by the time DH gets home from work!  I've been thinking a 5 or 10 k would be fun this fall so maybe I should actually start training.

Things I did to treat/pamper myself: Getting out more with friends without DD has been fantastic (and it really is a treat!). 

Work/life balance or SAHM schedule(s):  I'm doing the SAHM thing and most days it's good!  Some days are long when DD is grumpy but as she gets older it's getting more fun!

One lesson I have learned so far about motherhood is: Each kiddo is different and you can read all the parenting books/internet advice and sometimes you just have to go with what is right for your kid!

BABY:

LO is _16_____ weeks old!

Milestones (smiling, rolling over etc):  Trying so hard to roll over...so close, yet so far!  Loves playing with her toys and her gym/activity mat.

Baby really loved:  She loves people and has a strong FOMO.  She loves staying up late and sleeping in...our little teenager....

Baby absolutely hated: Whenever we try to put her to sleep in her crib...RnP 4ever.

Weight Gain/Height:  Not sure on the official stats but in 6 months clothes...probably over 15 lbs now...
  • Loading the player...
  • MOMMY:

Postpartum recovery (birth control, weight loss/gain, mental health, etc):  I've been on birth control for 3 months it's great. I never actually made it back to my pre-pregnancy weight but I'm getting back into swing and sadly putting on weight. I've been on zolfot for about a month now and everything is so so much better.

Things I did to treat/pamper myself: sadly nothing we're in the middle of moving. And today's my birthday so we get to do something tonight.

Work/life balance or SAHM schedule(s): when we're both at work he's with his grandparents. And if bf is off he keeps baby while I'm home. 

One lesson I have learned so far about motherhood is: it takes patients, but it's so worth it. Just to see his smile when he wakes up just melts my hear and watching him grow <3

BABY:

LO is ______ weeks old! He's 15 weeks old

Milestones (smiling, rolling over etc): he is trying to crawl at this point and so close to sitting up I fell like he shouldn't.

Baby really loved: he just loves to interact with everybody. And watching TV oh he loves it that or watching his daddy play video games

Baby absolutely hated: nap time. We've officiallyreached the point that even though he's tired he screams and screams until he passes out

Weight Gain/Height: last weigh in he was 12lbs 2Oz and about 24in long. He was born at 6lbs 7oz and 20in long
  • MOMMY:

Postpartum recovery (birth control, weight loss/gain, mental health, etc): I had an IUD put in at 8 weeks PP. It's nice not having to take a pill, but I bled for like 5 weeks after it was put in. (That's probably TMI but oh well.) I lost about half the weight I gained in the first two weeks, and I've stalled out since then so I recently started Weight Watchers and got a FitBit. I'm down about 5 lbs. in almost 2 weeks. My stomach is slowly getting flatter so that's really helping with my self confidence. I'm a small person, and I've had trouble adjusting to my PP body. 

Things I did to treat/pamper myself: I drink champagne.. Does that count? lol I'm getting a facial and massage with my best friend on August 13th. 

Work/life balance or SAHM schedule(s): I've been back at work for 5 weeks. It's not quite as horrible as I thought it would be, but I would definitely rather be at home with my little one. 

One lesson I have learned so far about motherhood is: I've learned so many! I guess the biggest is to trust my instincts. Advice is great, but there is no one that knows my baby better than I do. 

BABY:

LO is 15 weeks old!

Milestones (smiling, rolling over etc): Smiling, "talking", eating his hands, just started trying to grab stuff, has rolled over a few times, LOVES sitting up and watching TV, practicing standing

Baby really loved: Mom. And being held upright so he can look around. 

Baby absolutely hated: Some days he hates sleep. There's nothing that I've found that he consistently hates. 

Weight Gain/Height: He's about 15 lbs. Not sure about height.. Maybe around 25 inches. He's a chunk. 
  • @JayeSkylar Happy birthday fellow Leo!!
  • MOMMY:

Postpartum recovery (birth control, weight loss/gain, mental health, etc): Recovery has been surprisingly easy. I healed quickly, but I haven't lost as much weight as I had hoped. I haven't put in any effort, so I really can't complain.

I've been feeling pretty down and ragey (not a real word) lately. I think part of it was the BC I was taking (I stopped that right away) and the other part is probably PPD. I had/have depression before I got pregnant, so there's that. I have a doctor appointment soon, and I'm thinking of asking for the strongest happy pill they've got. I'm tired of feeling tired and miserable.

Things I did to treat/pamper myself: Uhhh, I should probably work on this more...shower, I shower to treat myself. Does that count? Probably not.

Work/life balance or SAHM schedule(s): SAHM. We don't really have a schedule, even though I'd like to have one. Most days are spent with me just trying to get the baby to nap before she becomes too tired and inconsolable.

One lesson I have learned so far about motherhood is: OMG it's hard. It is mentally, physically, and emotionally draining. I never worked a job that drained me as much as being a SAHM does. Don't get me wrong, working moms!!! I respect you! I'm just saying, I didn't know it could be this exhausting.

BABY:

LO is ______ weeks old! She's 13 weeks. I feel like she's so much younger than most of the other babies here.

Milestones (smiling, rolling over etc): She's been smiling for weeks now, but doesn't really giggle yet. She did once when DH and I were walking back from the mailbox. She was looking over my shoulder at him, and thought he was the funniest thing she had ever seen. It was really cute.

We've been working on tummy time and rolling over. She can roll with a little help.

Baby really loved: Being held by me 24/7, and being in the Baby K'tan carrier. Also, she likes it when we hold her so she can stand up, and taking baths.

Baby absolutely hated: The car seat, the mamaroo, the bumbo, the bouncy chair, sometimes her dad, and anything else that isn't mom.

Weight Gain/Height: Not sure. At her last appointment in June she weighed 10 lbs, 4oz and was 22in long. I'm sure she's much bigger now.

Pregnancy Ticker

• MOMMY:

• Been on the pill for about a little over a month. It hasn't helped regulate my cycle at all yet. Tons of random bleeding. Must be patient I suppose. 
    • I was immediately back at my pre-pregnancy weight, which I was grateful for, but I don't look it at all! My body before was a high weight but pretty tight. The same weight on me now is very soft, particularly in the stomach area. My arms and tummy are jiggly as can be! I never cancelled my LA Fitness membership, just left it on freeze because they have a Kids Club - but when I began to read reviews about it there are some serious horror stories! Kids getting bitten, sick, and even completely lost and wandering across intersections. Now I'm terrified of leaving him there. He obviously can't wander away on his own yet, but this is Miami - the city where a man ate another man's face a few year's ago. Weird sh@t happens here and I don't want to leave it to chance. Anyway, I digress. I still haven't found a gym solution, is my point!

• Lol, nothing. I guess I put a clear coat of polish on my nails at one point.

• I'm terrible at this too since I work from home. I try to work while he's napping, and the moment he's away, I let him completely distract me! I'm also a total hermit these days. This week I did make plans to have dinner with friends though, because I have been feeling the isolation catch up with me and I've been jealous of my husband for getting to leave the house. 

• Just do what you want to do. Everybody has something to say, and every mom is going to find a way to humblebrag somehow.

BABY:

LO is 15 weeks old!

He smiles all the time now, and laughs in a mischievous way. If I say "I just showered, did you take a big messy poop?" and I look distressed, he does his sneaky laugh that makes me laugh. He rolls sometimes back to front, but mostly prefers to put himself on his side. He doesn't roll consistently yet. 

Baby really loved:
    When I went out in desperation and bought every teething toy Babies R Us had to offer, and presented them to him like an offering to the Baby Gods. 

Baby absolutely hated: 
    Any time I clean his boogers.

Weight Gain/Height:
    Not sure of his weight, but he's a hearty boy. Last I measured him, he was 25 inches.
  • MOMMY:

Birth control... Condums. Not my favorite thing, but fake hormones make me a crazy person.
    I actually was my pre pregnancy weight when I came home from the hospital. I attribute this to the GD diet. I was sadly unable to gain any additional weight in the third trimester. I remember wanting chocolate cake so badly... Still haven't had a decent slice... I need cake.
    Emotionally, as stable as ever... Which isn't saying much, lol...

My husband got me a massage for our anniversary. It was wonderful. I get my nails done every couple of weeks... My mom is a cosmetologist so she hasn't let me have bad nails since moving back. She says it's bad for business if he daughters nails look bad.

SAHM. It's so exhausting! I had a warehouse job where I was doing physical activity for hours (i'd get like hours of cardio and the rest fat burn according to my Fitbit.) . But watching a kid is wow... I can't imagine more than one and I can't imagine you mothers who work outside the home all day, and then come home and work all night (with baby). You all are heroes!

I love my mommy!!

BABY:

LO is 16 weeks old!

Rolling over and over. Lots of rolling. Although he doesn't like the rolling over as a mode of transportation so he tries and tries and tries to crawl and ends up only scooting forward and face planting and crying over and over. So rolling isn't all it cracks up to be... Especially at night.
    Teething sucks as I'm sure all of you know.

Baby really loved:
    Boobies!!! Stroller rides... And his monkies. He has several and loves chewing on their faces... I think it's because they are shaped like boobies.

Baby absolutely hated: 
    Tummy time... Nap time... Car rides (because it makes him fall asleep)... Wonder weeks... Frustration of not doing what he wants... Being rocked... Being bathed... Pretty much got a grumpy baby...

Weight Gain/Height:
    w: 16lb, h:27in, hc:16.5in
  • MOMMY:

Postpartum recovery (birth control, weight loss/gain, mental health, etc): BC: pull out. Neither of us want to go down the hormonal birth control drama with me again, and were both allergic to latex. We went two years without any form of birth control at all before I fell pregnant so pretty sure we're good there. I'm officially under my prepregnancy weight by two pounds! Just twenty more to go to be at my goal. (Hoping to be there by nutcracker in December) As far as mental health goes, I'd been seeing a counselor since Jackson was born for post partum issues (mostly prepartum rage issues) but I'm not seeing her anymore because I'm doing much better.

Things I did to treat/pamper myself: Lol I signed up for four 5k's and a half marathon over the course of the next seven months? Next month is my birthday so I'm going to get a massage and my hair done.

Work/life balance or SAHM schedule(s): SAHM schedule (and I use that term VERY loosely) wake up around seven, feed the kid, either take SO to work then make breakfast, or vice versa. Feed kid again and read books/play til about noon. Feed kid again and put him down for nap. (This usually results in me taking a nap with him or he won't stay asleep) He normally wakes up around three feed him again, then I eat lunch. If I have to get SO from work we do that, or if not we go outside for about an hour then take a bath. Go get SO after bath, come home make dinner, put LO to bed, (around nine) then eat. Spend some time to myself and go to bed usually around midnight.

One lesson I have learned so far about motherhood is: Some of it's really hard, but once you settle into it it's not as bad as media makes it out to be.

BABY:

LO is 18_ weeks old!

Milestones (smiling, rolling over etc): He's rolling back to front the second you lay him down. He is sitting up for a few seconds at a time on his own. Today he actually grabbed his own feet then freaked out (in a cute way) Saying "boo" repeatedly, and "da" on rare occasion. Recognizes his name. He's had a busy month!

Baby really loved: This is kind of a bad mom confession... I've been letting him taste foods here and there but not eating them for a little over a month now. Monday he tasted watermelon and devoured it like a vacuum! Scared the crap out of me... No allergic reactions that I could tell, but it came out as a solid chunk undigested the following day, so I don't think he's ready to really eat solids yet. Anyway, he really liked watermelon.

Baby absolutely hated: He really hates his RNP now. We only use it for overnight trips or sometimes when I cook he's in it, but now he just thrashes and screams. I can't wait til he's sitting up well enough to put him in the highchair and let him be engaged while I'm cooking or when we're eat

Weight Gain/Height: His next appointment is the 9th, but he feels so dense now
  • MOMMY:

I got a Paragard IUD 8 weeks PP.  Ive had one before, its great! I gained 55 pounds during pregnancy,  and I have 15 pounds left to lose. Its coming off slowly, but Im almost there! 

Hmm, I havent really done anything to treat myself. Im dieting, so no sweets or fatty foods at all...Im waiting to get back to my prepreg size before buying new clothes...and Im back at work so I have zero free time. Maybe I'll take a bubble bath this weekend!

There's no such thing as work/life balance. Work takes up most of the day and whats leftover is divided up for sleep and family. (Im pretty bitter about this if thats not obvious,  lol). I work nightshift though, and I stay up when I get home in the morning with LO. At 2:00 my mom picks him up and I sleep till 9:00 when I get ready for work. DH picks LO up when he gets off work. So I do get a nice chunk of time with LO each day. I wish I could be a SAHM though.  My schedule gives me zero free time. At least my DH has free time after LO goes to sleep and before he goes to bed. I have a little downtime at work sometimes, does that count?  :/

I listened to other ppl and what they did with their babies, for example putting LO doen awake and they go to sleep. Or babies being on a routine with naps/eating etc. I really stressed myself out in the early days trying to get LO on a schedule. I finally realized Im going to do what works for us and not worry about what other ppl do/did. I rock him to sleep,  he is not on a routine, he eats when he is hungry, he sleeps when he is tired (though I dont let him go more than 2 hours awake before rocking him for a nap). Doing things my way feels right and Im less stressed!

BABY:

LO is ______ weeks old!
    He is 17 weeks old. 

He rolls back to tummy, side to side.  He smiles all the time, babbles, laughs. He can grab and reach for toys.

Baby really loved:
    He likes to stand up, and play with his rattles.

Baby absolutely hated: 
    He hates the car seat.

Weight Gain/Height:
    He weighs 16 pounds and is 26 inches long the last time we measured him.

• MOMMY:

Pull-out and natural family planning. I'm considering a no hormone IUD but not anytime soon. I'm still not at my pre-pregnancy weight but I attribute that to poor choices with food. I keep on telling/fooling myself that I need the calories for breastfeeding. I get a bit loopy when I am alone with the baby for x amount of days without SO but other than that I feel ok.

I'm on vacation so I've had an alcoholic beverage every night for the past two weeks after LO goes to sleep. I've also been eating gelato every day. Getting a massage today. 

SAHM for now. Wake up with baby anytime between 7-8am. Eat, play, nap, repeat for the most part but it doesn't always work out that way. I make sure to go out everyday for a stroll. Bedtime is between 7:30-8.

There are no rules, only guidelines. It doesn't always work out the way you would like it to and that's OK.

BABY:

LO is 17 weeks old!

- rolling back to front at every opportunity 
    -sleeping way better than before, no STTN but 5-7 hour stretches in the eve
    -everything in the mouth
    -lots of smiling and gurgling. Now when he's nursing he'll pull away mid-session and just stare at me and smile and touch my face :love:

Baby really loved:
    -being sung to
    -his time on the bed and playmat to practise his rolls
    -staring and studying things before they go into his mouth

Baby absolutely hated: 
    -semi reclined baby bath tub
    -hot weather
    - being filmed. He won't perform for the camera if he knows it's there
    -the faces we make after he lets out a smelly fart or when we change a blowout diaper. I think he's sensitive to looks of disgust or disapproval so now I maintain a neutral expression when he lets out a stinker or when changing poopy diapers. 

Weight Gain/Height: at his three month appointment he was 12lbs 9oz. and 24 inches.

Pregnancy Ticker

• MOMMY:

I'm about 10 pounds over my pre-preg weight, but I was pretty underweight so I'm totally fine with staying this way. I got a script for the mini-pill at 6 weeks pp but haven't filled it yet. 
    I got a massage and my nails done a couple weeks ago
    I'm a teacher and Monday was the first day of school. I go back and forth between loving it and wishing I was a sahm.
    Transitioning from 1 child to 2 was waaaaaaayyy harder than I thought. 

BABY:

LO is ______ weeks old!
    15 weeks old
    Smiles and giggles. Working hard on rolling over. We officially popped a corner on our first tooth today!
    Baby really loved:
    He loves baby wearing and standing up
    Baby absolutely hated: 
    He hates tummy time. Even with his reflux meds, it makes him projectile vomit. Every time.
    Weight Gain/Height:
    Our unofficial home scale clocks him in at 15.4 pounds and he's 25.5 inches. His hatred of tummy also probably has to do with his 17 inch noggin!

• MOMMY:

Postpartum recovery (birth control, weight loss/gain, mental health, etc): still at a few pounds under my pp weight but slowly gaining back muscles!

Things I did to treat/pamper myself: nothing yet :( we just finished moving though and I'm totally going to a solo movie next week.

Work/life balance or SAHM schedule(s): went back to work part time at 3 weeks pp. now I'm pretty much full time (one half day a week). Husband is a teacher so he's home with baby for now. He's starting daycare on the 16th!

You will never get enough sleep. Ever.

BABY:

LO is __15__ weeks old!

He's rolling all over the place and giggling like crazy! He's also got a couple consonants down to mix in with his vowels. He just started teething though and so we've mostly been yelling.

Baby really loved:
    Chatting! Rolling over! Riding on grandmas shoulders!

Baby absolutely hated: 
    Teeth :(

Weight Gain/Height:
    Haven't had a checkup in a while but he's definitely getting heavier and is in 9 month clothes. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well it's been a long time since I've been on here - got frozen out and couldn't log back in. Randomly looked at it today and voila!

Mom

PP Recovery - Still have a few pounds to lose. Got Mirena re-inserted 6w pp but STILL have random spotting. My Dad died unexpectedly when Lou was 7w old and that's thrown me for a loop, so we're still working on the mental health aspect.

Treat yo'self - I got my hair/brows done a couple of weeks ago. I also take a mom-only walk around Target each week. You know, the necessities.  :D

Work/life balance - This is my 4th week back. I'm tired. My 5  yo starts kindergarten next week so we're gearing up for that.:tired_face:

Lessons: Going from 1 to 2 isn't so bad

• @cmjenkies I'm really sorry to hear of your loss.