October 2016 Moms

Bringing Home Baby - Outfit Edition

Re: Bringing Home Baby - Outfit Edition

• Loading the player...
  • I didn't even know this was a thing... These are so sweet (especially @OrangeEv, I think I need to buy that!) Somehow I figured it'd just be me, DH and baby in the car and we'd all be exhausted and go home and sleep. Is it normal to have a welcoming party or something? Clueless FTM here...
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • I didn't even know this was a thing... These are so sweet (especially @OrangeEv, I think I need to buy that!) Somehow I figured it'd just be me, DH and baby in the car and we'd all be exhausted and go home and sleep. Is it normal to have a welcoming party or something? Clueless FTM here...
    Just us and baby but the going home outfit is the one that a lot of first pictures will take place while wearing.  It's often what their wearing when the hospital photog comes around, and I know I'll take "baby's first car ride" and "baby's first crib nap" photos because I'm ridiculous.  ;)

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Just us and baby but the going home outfit is the one that a lot of first pictures will take place while wearing.  It's often what their wearing when the hospital photog comes around, and I know I'll take "baby's first car ride" and "baby's first crib nap" photos because I'm ridiculous.  ;)
    Exactly this.  Our hospital had a photographer come in shortly before we left.  And we have a lot of photos from discharge day.
  • I don't have anything picked out yet. DS couldn't fit in newborn pants (waist wise) until he was over 2 months old, but premie was too short so he just went home in a onesie. Luckily it was summer. I'll probably do a dress and bloomers because of that. It's still warm here in October.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • samkins said:
    Found this gem at babies r us, love it!! It's in NB and I'll bring a back up 0-3 month just in case. 

Id be careful with a  gown for coming home! could make the car seat hard to buckle! It is cute though! 
  • STM here... Telling ya that you need to bring two sizes of outfits. My 8lb baby somehow grew fat hairy arms inside and didn't fit her cute elephant dress for coming home. 

And bring a few outfits. Things happen! Although they mostly wear a diaper and hat in the beginning. And then they get bundled up. 

I plan to bring a selection of cute warm hats. And my soft nice swaddle or minky blankets. Luckily all of her newborn photos at the hospital were with her cute flowered hats and a+a blankets instead of the ugly hospital ones they give you. You wouldn't know she was basically just wearing a diaper!

• @JessK1014 I LOOOOOOVE those "oh deer I'm here" sets! Dying of adorableness
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Oh yes- do bring a good swaddle. The nurses are great at it but when I wanted to diy in the motn I would've killed for a woombie or something. 
  • So... the logistics of this escape me, having never been around babies, but I'm assuming it is okay to put a onesie on over the belly button stump?

• So... the logistics of this escape me, having never been around babies, but I'm assuming it is okay to put a onesie on over the belly button stump?
    Yes, just be gentle. DD wore onesies right away and her stump didn't fall off for 2 weeks. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• mommabear444mommabear444 member
    edited August 2016
    @FemShep YES ! To all your advice, I'm on my 4th and I remember bringing a 0-3mo. gown for my 1st son, it was too big and awkward to get in the carseat and his poor little legs looked so cold, my daughter had a blowout all over her super cute 3 piece outfit and ended up going home in the long sleeve the hospital had, my 3rd was perfect onesie pants socks beanie and blankie. I've just realized I bought a gown for my 4th's coming home outfit but I believe it came with a snap up one piece Jammie as well .. I will double check that ! Awesome tips (:

Edit for spelling and I got cut off.   
  • We've got a gown but I'm bringing leggings as well to keep little legs comfy and trying to find a cute "coming home" blanket that can be tucked around her but do double duty as a photo prop later.  Something rainbow baby themed most likely.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I love that one! @NicholeL16
  • @gavzillaxo We have that set too, but I think in size 3 months
  • @NicholeL16 we love that pattern! We also got 2 outfits with the pattern at our baby shower, in different sizes. 
    Me: 26 ; FI: 27
    DS1: 5 ; DS2: 4m
    Baby #3 Due 9/7/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @gavzillaxo the hat is my favorite!
  • @nataliemaephotography I just bought that set also! Not for coming home, but I love the pair and thought they'd be good coordinating ones for my twins :)
  • After reading everyone's advice I decided to go with another option for baby boy's coming home outfit. The original was too stuffy. I think I'm going to order this.

@NicholeL16 I just saw this & made a very audible "Aww!" Loud enough that my H from across the room asked what I was looking it. This is so precious!
  • @kaessi Yayy! I'm so excited to see him in it. If we deliver at the birthing center like we plan to he will only be like 4 hours old when they send us home.