December 2016 Moms

Starting to feel weird about sex

Now that I'm starting to show and I can feel the baby move pretty regularly, I'm feeling mentally weird about sex.  Feeling a poke from the baby in the middle of sex is a complete buzzkill.  I know it's normal, but was wondering if any STMs or even FTMs going through the same thing have any tips to overcoming it.  Thanks, ladies! <3

Re: Starting to feel weird about sex

• sourlemonsourlemon member
    edited July 2016
    When I was still allowed to have sex, I just told the baby to quiet it down! Silly I know...but typically once we got started she did stop moving. Maybe she was just considerate. 

Last pregnancy was my first pregnancy and it was super awkward. I never really overcame it...just kinda got used to there being awkward moments. If it's DH having weird feelings, doggy style keeps the baby belly out of view. 

Edit because auto correct thought the word but should be vitamin. WTF auto correct? 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• We would spend tons of time on foreplay, and get so worked up that it didn't matter if L was moving/kicking. That is how we got around it. 

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Loading the player...
  • Sex has become weird for me too. Not because I think the baby "knows" but just because I feel less sexual and more like a round, potato lady? I don't know, I can't really explain. It just feels like my body is busy doing something else and the sex makes it feel like too much is going on at once. We've had sex exactly one time since I had a BFP, and enjoyed it, but...I don't know. Time will tell if it happens again. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • With my first pregnancy, it did get weird once I really started showing. Only from DH though, he got weirded out and tried to DTD less. I wasn't having it, we DTD about 3 times/week. Which was normal then for us.
    With our 2nd child, he wasn't weirded out and I didn't have to force him, lol. But I wasn't that into it as much with that one. So we DTD like once a week. 
    This time, we are both totally comfortable. But I feel not very attractive as have a little more cushion (fat) than usual. We DTD probably twice a week. And it's been great this time! 
    My only comfortable position as of a week ago is doggy. It happens to most of us, the belly is just in the way and makes moving awkward.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I feel as though the added sensitivity gets me there so much quicker, baby doesn't really have a chance to dance around and make it awkward. Later on when baby is moving more it could get weird though.. Enjoying it while I can I guess haha.

• Thank you, ladies!! I think it all kind of hit me last night when we were fooling around that "OMG I'm really pregnant and there is a little human in there".  I feel a little better about it today.  I think extra foreplay and some different position will really help things. 
  • STM here. I'm never really into it while pregnant, but go with the fake it till you make it approach, because I know physical touch is H's #1 "tank filler" Sometimes it works for me, sometimes it doesn't, but he's left happy and feeling loved.
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • Sex? What's that?

Seriously, though, I will do it to make DH happy (not because I have to, but because I want to), although it generally isn't enjoyable for me. The belly bugs me physically more than mentally. The positions that I normally like don't work anymore. DH is happy for all the quickies lol.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16