January 2017 Moms

Weekly fitness checkin - 7/25/2016

2»

Re: Weekly fitness checkin - 7/25/2016

• I missed my regular stability ball class for my dr appnt so i went to spin yesterday  I missed my regular piyo class today for Sesame Place(but walked around all day).  So I'll do yoga tomorrow  I'm thinking of dropping Stability ball bc I'm getting worried about balance. Don't want to fall off te ball.   Still super dissapointed I cant run.  ANd very resentful of hubby when he does.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • rdh33rdh33 member
    @HJ.Morgan I understand 100%. Sometimes, you do just need to take it easy. I was dealing with crazy, ridiculous exhaustion up until Monday (17.1 weeks). It was very frustrating, but... sometimes it is good to just let your body rest. Before I was able to really do any sort of a workout again, I would try to do quick bursts of 5-10 minutes a few times a day. A quick walk, standing leg work, push ups against a counter, etc. Maybe start with that and see if that helps with energy levels. :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been hanging in there with workouts.  Ran a couple times this week, even with heat in the 90's...ugh.  I have just cut my runs to 2 miles instead of 3 because of the temps.  Still trying to do yoga at least 3 days a week.  On days I don't get in a real workout I use one of the kids as weight when doing squats and take a walk with our double stroller and count that as a mini workout.  Although pushing 65lbs up hills could probably count as a decent workout when pregnant, especially in this heat.  I can't wait for fall weather!  Glad everyone is getting out there and staying active.  I always find second tri the easiest for working out, so getting in everything I can now.
    DS1: 9/29/12
    DS2: 11/5/14
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • DinozaurDinozaur member
    edited July 2016
    I signed up today for a prenatal yoga class starting next week! I'm so nervous because I've never taken a yoga class before. I've only done online videos, so I'm pretty positive I'm not actually doing any of the poses correctly. But the class description said it was great for beginners, so maybe I won't be the only noob :)

ETA: How much water do you guys drink? I have a 48-oz thermos and I try to drink two a day but usually only get about one and a half. I'm worried I don't drink enough because I never get up to pee more than once at night, and some nights not at all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Jan '17 August siggy challenge: Cat fails

• @Dinozaur you are gonna love your yoga class and don't worry about not doing the postures correctly the instructor will come up and reposition you :) the best is when you are in downward and they pull back on your hips. That's the best stretch!

I'm getting in 48 ounces of water and I only get up once to pee at night. You're drinking 72?? Wowzah!! That is awesome you must have so much energy and your skin must look amazing. 

After reading your post I'm going to try to get more water intake with you!

Went to the gym this afternoon and did the stair*ucker I mean master. It totally killed me but I did 65 floors and 10 minutes on the stand alone bike. I'm going to head out soon for my 45minute night walk and I really really don't want to but this thread is helping a lot with the motivation. Hearing you ladies working hard makes me want to as well. OK out the door in 5.
  • @Dinozaur et al it's recommended that pregnant women start with 2L (~66 oz) of water per day, more when exercising or if you're sick or if it's hot and humid out. I'm struggling to hit the full 2L but also eating so much fruit with high water volumes so I'm hoping I'm doing ok... (I'm not feeling parched and babies' amniotic sacs are still good sizes) 
  • Omg this whole time I have been misleading you and myself lol. I drink two of these bottles so 64ounces.

I got another walk in this morning. And it's so crazy how quickly our bodies bounce back. The first walk was torture. I could hardly make it up the hill. I had to stop every so often and rest on someone front lawn.

Today I did the whole 45min walk without stopping!! Seriously feeling proud :)
  • edited August 2016
    I'm not sure if I mentioned this already but Lululemon offers weekly free yoga classes!!

I attended mine today and it was awesome. Its so funny how many times I have to go into child's pose bc I can't keep up like I used to and how much my flexibility is changing. I'm becoming stiff!! Regardless I pushed throughout and noticed how much more grateful yoga makes me about the little things in life.

I drove home without any music just being aware of my surroundings. It is a very peaceful drive. Don't you just feel the best after a class?

*Edited to add leg day at the gym this afternoon
  • I went swimming today. I really couldn't do that many laps because it was too much aerobically for me, but it felt awesome. I'll definitely try to incorporate this into my weekly routine. 
  • 20 min prenatal strong flow. Def felt my heart rate up! Why is it I can breathe doing that, but sound like I'm dying walking up the stairs!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Team Blue ~ Jan. 20
    DS born 9/4/12
    MMC July 2015
    MMC January 2016