January 2017 Moms

Tell us Tuesday (TUT) 7/26

2»

Re: Tell us Tuesday (TUT) 7/26

• My DH and I grew up in a small town and is a friend of my older brothers. So I have known him for probably 15yrs or so. Never really had a crush or really paid him any attention. I moved away at 21 to Nevada with another guy whom I eventually broke it off with. Long story short after 10yrs or so in Nevada good ol Facebook reconnected us when he sent me a message. We talked almost everyday for a few months. I would see him when I would go back home to visit family. Almost a year later I packed up and headed home to see where things would go- 2months later we became official, 5months later we moved in together, 3 looooong years later we got engaged, 10 months ago we got married and in 6 months will welcome our little nugget! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm such a sucker for these stories! I'm blaming hormones!

DH and I worked together at a local Target when it opened (7 years ago). At the time, DH was engaged (I didn't know they had broken up and were living together because of the lease), a team leader, and he's six years older than me. I had an embarrassing crush on him - everyone knew. But after a while, I figured he didn't even know my name so why try? He drank 4-5 cups of coffee everyday and that's as close as I would ever get to him (I worked in the Starbucks). 

Well about a year and a half later, he finally left Target. I figured I would never see him again. Then a few months later, a mutual friend from work invited us both out to drinks. I ignored him the whole time (I was so over him). After he left, our friend was like YOU'RE SO STUPID! HE LIKES YOU! HE ALWAYS LIKED YOU! I was like... whatttt?! I immediately took out my phone and called him to come back. He did. We kissed. And we've been together ever since that night. 

I don't know why, but that ending nearly brought tears to my eyes! So goofy but so cute!

<3<3<3

<3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I met my husband at a very classy establishment called the Wild Boar! I was with my best friend who was chatting up his friend, when I decided to go puke in the bathroom. He waited for me outside the bathroom (which could have been creepy, but turned out to be pretty sweet) when I came out he said he just wanted to be sure I was ok and that I made it safely back to my friend. He then asked if it would be ok for him to call me the following day to check up on me. I said yes, we texted 24 hours a day for a week, transitioned into long phone calls and had our first date 2 weeks later. Three months later we moved in together and have been inseparable every since!
  • I love these stories ladies!

DH and I went to high school together. We had the same circle of friends but he was never on my radar. No one was. I was all about getting out of my hometown for college and wasn't going to let any boy hold me back. I never even thought twice about him. He was a lot shorter than me then.

I went off to college in Canada and came home to  Oregon in between my 2 and 3 year. We chatted a few times at different events we were both at with friends and hit it off. We texted and hung out a lot that summer (not by ourselves though). He came to visit me at Starbucks where I worked almost every day. Summer came to an end and I went back to college. We discussed whether or not to date and decided to just see where things lead. Two months later I drove back home for our Canadian thanksgiving break and we were inseparable. He asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes and he kissed me (my first one!). So we did long distance for two years. I moved back home and we got married after 4 years of dating. We've been married 6 years this August. 
  • I met DH when I was 15 and he was 18. I had an immediate crush, but deemed him "out of my league/available age range". Fast forward a few years and I was graduating high school and we were hanging out with our group of friends every weekend (ok, I might have been trying to build up my courage). Oh, I almost forgot. As a graduation present he took me out on a date that I didn't realize was a date. (I might be little clueless occasionally).
    A few months later, we're in a horrible car accident. We were going excessively fast on a county road and a truck ran a stop sign in front of us. We swerved and they swerved but we hit in such a way that I hit my head on their vehicle (I used to drive a purple Sebring convertible.). DH was driving and had bruised ribs. The two people in the other vehicle were fine, save for scrapes and bumps. I had brain damage and internal damage (I had brain surgery to correct a subdural hematoma and they removed a couple of feet of small intestine). I spent a month in the hospital and full recovery took several years, but my husband... although taking the full blame on himself and the brunt of my family's scrutiny, he stayed by my side through the entire ordeal. He even helped my parents and me move across the country to OK a few months after my release. 
    So, fast forward a few years later (3.5 or so) with lots of moving and maintaining a long distance relationship, and we have a small ceremony in our home church in 2009, surrounded by friends and family, and we've grown stronger as a couple ever since. <3 
    BabyFetus Ticker