Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Tuesday

Month/Cycle:

CD/DPO:

Timing:

Testing:

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: If you could be in any movie of your choosing, which movie would it be, which character would you be, and why?
**TW**
Me: 31 / DH: 37
Married: November 2015
 TTC #1 Since March 2014
MC: New Years Eve 2014
Mommy to 4 furbabies
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3f14a1

Re: TWW Tuesday

• Month/Cycle: 7 (NTNP)

CD/DPO: 30/7 (I said I was 30/7 yesterday, but I jumped the gun.  haha)

Timing: 0 

Testing: only if I make it to 14dpo without a temp drop

R/R: It's only Tuesday.  Boo.  And DD woke up crying at 4am so I had a very early wake up this morning.  We believe she's starting to teethe again.  Joy.  She went back to sleep after some Tylenol and nursing but by that point I had to get up or be late to work, so DH got to go back to sleep while I started my day.  I'm tired.  My temp is continuing to go up still, so I guess that's a plus?  I don't know.  I'm low on plusses today.

CS/Q: I'm already SS this cycle, even though I know that it is extremely unlikely that I am pregnant with the timing I'm dealing with.  And it's only 7dpo, so I shouldn't really even have symptoms yet.  I don't even SUPER WANT to be pregnant this cycle, so I don't know what my problem is.  I mean if I get pregnant without really trying, that's great, but I'm not planning to actively try until at least January.  So basically symptom spotting is going to happen no matter what I guess.  Good times.

GTKY: If you could be in any movie of your choosing, which movie would it be, which character would you be, and why? God I have no idea.  It would likely be a musical of some sort.  Maybe I'd be the voice of Ariel from The Little Mermaid, I love that movie.  I'm too tired to be creative about this.
  • Loading the player...
  • My gif didn't work. Let me try to fix it....
    Me: 26 DH: 27
    Married 6-15-13
    DS born 4-9-15
    Septate Uterus
    BFP 10/12/16--EDD 6/24/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Month/Cycle: 6/9 --- 4/4 TTCAL

CD/DPO: 27/10

Timing: -2, -1, +1 ( think... I don't know and I can't fin my phone for FF)

Testing: Spotting since 7 DPO so probably will just let AF ride in again...

R/R: Just over spotting so darn early.  I talked to my MW about my LP and she had nothing to say but to "have fun for another 6 months" and "see what happens." Thanks for the great advice. 

CS/Q: nada

GTKY: If you could be in any movie of your choosing, which movie would it be, which character would you be, and why? Empire Records.  Any of them except for "the man." Probably Warren. ;) Damn the Man. 

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• Month/Cycle: 29 / 23

CD/DPO: 61 / 12

Timing: -4 & O

Testing: If AF is late

R/R: The usual.. I am tired. Finally getting someone trained to help some other shifts. So my employees will finally get their days off. So I am pretty happy about that. But there is still no time off for me in sight. 
    Temp went down some more this morning. I am getting AF like cramps. So I am pretty sure I am out. DH is SO hopeful and I am just absolutely numb. I really feel a strong bout of depression starting to creep up on me and it is just so paralyzing. I may just go home after work and go to bed. 

CS/Q: naaaahhhhhh. It is dreadful anyway.

GTKY: If you could be in any movie of your choosing, which movie would it be, which character would you be, and why? At this point in time, Sleeping Beauty. And I would be Aurora. That bisshhhh slept through all kind of drama and was woken up by a handsome man when it was all done and over with.
    **TW**
     TTC #1 Since March 2014
    Mommy to 4 furbabies

• @Westy99, commiserating with you on the confusing CM. I had watery CM right after AF around CD 7-8, and now I am getting watery CM again at cycle day 24. But my temps indicated I ovulated on CD15. But my CM then was sticky/creamy. So basically I don't know it's really freakin confusing. But hey, a BD just in case can't hurt. 
    Married 6-15-13
    DS born 4-9-15
    Septate Uterus

BabyFruit Ticker
  • AngelaPlus3AngelaPlus3 member
    edited July 2016
    Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 19/6 (maybe)

Timing: -4,-2, yuck (maybe)

Testing: I think I'm waiting out AF. I am beyond confused this cycle. 

R/R: Rant - I don't have a clue what my body is doing. I started OPKs this cycle and got a positive right when I thought I should in my cycle. Kept testing and it turned negative again so I thought O happened. 3 days later I felt the same pain I usually feel with O so I tested again, glaringly positive. Tested again the following day and it was back to negative. Then yesterday I had EWCM so I freaked and tested again. Positive again. What the what is happening? Either I'm screwing up horribly in testing or my body is screwing up terribly in ovulating. I just give up this cycle and am waiting for AF. 

CS/Q: I didn't temp this cycle so there is no way for me to figure out the answer to my questions. 

GTKY: If you could be in any movie of your choosing, which movie would it be, which character would you be, and why?
    I'm not quite awake enough to really think this through, but definitely some Disney movie. I could use a lot of singing and a happily ever after right about now. 
    Baby #1: Nixson Thomas - Born 3/11/14 @ 4:32pm, 7lbs 10oz, 21.5"
    Baby #2: Emma Haley - Born 7/2/15 @ 7:09am, 7lbs 9 oz, 21"
    Baby #3: TTC (hoping for a due date of spring / summer 2017)
  • @angelaPlus3 when I was TTC#1, I would ALWAYS get multiple batches of +opks every month before finally ovulating.  It was enraging.  So I feel your pain.  Eventually I just said Fuck It, threw the OPKs away, and HIO EOD starting the day my period ended and until my temps confirmed ovulation.  If you're willing to have that much sex (and it is exhausting, believe me, I ovulated CD31 the cycle I got KU and we were OVER IT at that point), I found it less stressful than dealing with the OPKs.  that is likely what i'll do again this time when we move out of NTNP and into active trying.

I also found the OPKs to be tricky...I would ALWAYS have at least a faint line, so a lot of the time I was like "is this positive?  is it QUITE as dark as the control line?  I'm not entirely sure."  Just...I hate them.  I would use them if I had seriously variable or long cycles and couldn't commit to EOD sex, but I usually O somewhere between days 19-24 so I figure EOD sex for 2-3 weeks is less annoying than executing and reading OPKs all the time.

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: I think CD 23,

Timing: -1,O

Testing: still going to try and hold out

R/R: mmm, not really

CS/Q: I have questions.... As far as temping goes, I know I am supposed to temp at approximately the same time everyday but that is one of my questions.  I have to get up at 415ish Monday-Friday, DH wakes up at the slightest alarm noise so I don't want to set an alarm for 415 on Saturday and Sunday(nor do I really want to get up that early if I'm being totally honest) should I skip those days? test when I wake up around 7?  and I have a second question....and If I'm not supposed to ask this here, I apologize but do pre-natal vitamins make anyone sick? I just switched to a different kind and have felt like crapola less than an hour after taking it.

GTKY: If you could be in any movie of your choosing, which movie would it be, which character would you be, and why?  I would want to be Jennifer Lopez in the movie Enough.  I think she played a really strong female role and I would love to know some sort of self defense like that. 

• @grabberblue2010 Hey girl. I wasn't even going to respond to this TWW because I am just so tired of typing the same things cycle after cycle, but then I saw your post and realized I need to comment to at least say I'm thinking of you! I'm in the same boat with you at this point. It's hard to even feel remotely hopeful and I hate that my feelings toward TTC have permeated my everyday life/functioning. TTC really, really sucks, but hopefully it will be worth it for us someday. Hang in there. Feel free to message me if you want/need to chat.

Month/Cycle
    : 11/11

CD/DPO: 28/something like 11

Timing: not sure, didn't temp, but probably pretty good

Testing: no need

R/R: Just really enjoying this cramping that lets me know that AF is coming. Again.

CS/Q: no chart to stalk this cycle

I would be Turtle in Entourage so I could live the rich and famous lifestyle without having to deal with actually being famous.

• @mpie72, as far as the prenatal vitamins I found that the gummies are easier on the stomach. Pro: they often have DHA. Con: the gummies don't usually have iron or calcium so if you are especially concerned about that you may need to take a separate supplement. But if you aren't anemic and you eat a lot of dairy you probably don't really *need* those. The most important thing is the folic acid, which all prenatals have. 

As far as your other question, I don't have answers, just sympathy. I also wake up at 430 on my work days 3 days a week, so I started setting my alarm to temp on my days off. DH is not pleased. 
    Married 6-15-13
    DS born 4-9-15
    Septate Uterus

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 17/1

Timing: -5, -1, O (I think, I lost track of things a little bit this month)

Testing: Laterz

R/R: Nothing today.

CS/Q: Any insight welcome.....My temp shift seems to indicate that I O’d yesterday. My secondary signs like CM and CP varied throughout the day. My temps for days 13,14 and 15 were unreliable due to traveling to a different time zone and sleeping less/later than usual. So… *shrug*

Maybe I’d be Rey from the new Star Wars movie. (I know… nerd alert!). She’s just a badass and gets to fly the Millennium Falcon.

• @grabberblue2010 So sorry to hear you're feeling down. I'm going through the same thing - DH is so excited to keep trying and I'm just feeling kind of disheartened. I know I haven't been trying as long as you, but its still demoralizing at times. :(

@angelaplus3 I only started using OPKs this month, but I do know that sometimes your body will surge in prep to ovulate then change it's mind - so you may get multiple +'s in one month. It's really best if you use OPKS in addition to other signs - CM, CP, BBT, etc - not exclusively on their own.

@mpie72 It's best if you take your temp at the same time every day - but if that's not possible, just take it whenever you can.  I'm going to take a guess and say you probably go to bed later on the weekends, so you may be getting around the same amount of sleep as you do during the week - (unless you purposefully sleep in).

Month/Cycle
    : 5/4

CD/DPO: 38/14

Timing: -3, -2, +1

Testing: Twice - BFNs both times. I'm done.

R/R: Just got back from visiting family in friends in Dallas for 2 days - it was a quick trip, but nice to visit with everyone. We spent way too much money for being gone only 2 days though - yikes.

Have my yearly gyn appt today. Yay. She's a super nice lady, but kind of blunt - every time I go in there she gives me this stern look and asks if I'm going to have kids soon and talks about how it needs to happen fast and about the increase risk for downs and blah blah blah. I nod and play the good patient but I want to tell her I know, stuff it!

CS/Q:

Probably Black Widow in the Avenger movies - I love any movie where the girl kicks serious butt. :) 
  • @ahrains I'm so excited for you to be discovering your love for HP!!! Also a bit envious that you are enjoying them all for the first time. :-)

CD/DPO: 18/3

Timing:-4, -3, 0

Testing: Nope Nope NOPE

R/R: Both kinda, have a family friend's wedding this weekend, Rave part; it will be a ton of fun, adult only so DH and I are getting a date night out of it with free drinks and dinner, and even though FW is over I am wearing a smokin' hot dress and totally going to get some just for funsies ! Rant part; it's an adult only reception which means we won't be with DD. Also, it will only be 7DPO so too early to test not too early to go BSC and SS. I will not treat myself as pregnant until I really am, so, I will be having a cocktail; but it will still be in the back of my mind.

CS/Q: Who else figures out O based on CM, and Ovulation pain around here and how accurate do you think it is. I mean for me I feel temping would cause too much stress on me, and isn't worth it for me.

GTNY: If you could be in any movie of your choosing, which movie would it be, which character would you be, and why?

@anrains YES!! Scarlett. My favorite movie! Love her. She makes me happy, and is amazing. I will never forget after watching that for the first time when I was younger I wanted a hoop skirt so badly. So my brother made me one, out of plastic tent pieces. Mini PVC tubing and tape. He was my HERO! Still one of my most favorite memories of him; pretty sure it will trump even his wedding! LOL

Me:30 DH:35

Dating: 10/25/2005 - Married: 01/10/2009

DD: 4 years Old

TTC Since: June 2016

CD/DPO: 19/2

Timing: -4, -3, -2, 0, +1

Testing: No plans.

R/R: I am finally to the point in my bumping that I can post GIFS without having to look up the code each time. Ha!

CS/Q:

Rachel McAdams/Allie in The Notebook because:

AND
  • @ahrains OMG I'm glad you're reading them.  3rd was my favorite because I'm a sap.  but, I'm in love with the whole friggin' series.  There is actually an 8th book (screenplay from a play in London) coming out July 31st.  & I am pretty excited about it.

Me: 27    DH: 37
    Humans to 1 dog, 2 cats!
    Dating: Feb 2012
    Married: Sep 2015
    NTNP: Sep 2015
    TTC#1: May 2016
  • swanbroonerswanbrooner member
    edited July 2016
    I love all of the HP love! One of my dogs, a ginger miniature poodle, is named Weasley after Ron. He's also stubborn, funny, timid, and loving. I think the name fits!

• @jackiemarie1989 & @hezzer78 thank you ladies so much! I will see if I can hold out for the rest of this month on these vitamins and then switch to the gummies!
  • Month/Cycle: 6/7

CD/DPO: 17/6

Timing: -1, O

Testing: Probably 11dpo -- I said 10 yesterday but forgot my brother and his wife are staying with us for a few days and the last thing I want is for them walk into our only bathroom to be greeted by a cup of pee. Haha.

R/R: Semi playing hooky today aka working from home.  I get to work in my yoga pants and play with my dog during breaks! Best of both worlds!

CS/Q: Nope, no more charting for me during TWW.  I'm really surprised at how much more relaxed I am this TWW because I'm not temping.  Love it!  I might still temp on 12 and 13dpo to see what my temp is doing right before AF is supposed to start.  My chart is normally pretty blah and the same with a stupid temp dip at 6-8dpo EVERY cycle.  So, not seeing that is pretty nice. Haha.

I'm drawing a blank.  The last thing I watched was the Wonder Woman trailer and it looks pretty badass.  
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD/DPO: 24/2 or 3

Timing: either -1 or -2 (and we had a bit of a pull out mishap on either +1 or 0. So, I don't want to count that one out, but it was just weird.)

Testing: not until AF is late, August 8th is my testing date. 

R/R: Looking at bridesmaid dresses for my SIL's wedding today with her and bunch of other girls. I am not a bridesmaid, but I am going to enjoy helping her look. And then we are going to talk about venues and stuff. I am so excited for a wedding in the family. They are planning on October 2017, and I can't help but wonder if I will have a baby by then. I was supposed to have a baby by then, but now I just don't know. So, as happy as I am for them I am also holding a little pity party for myself in my head. 

CS/Q:

GTKY: If you could be in any movie of your choosing, which movie would it be, which character would you be, and why? At this point probably the young wife in What to Expect When You're Expecting who had the whole thing easy. I want to be pregnant more than anything and it has turned into a bit of a rocky road getting there. But, honestly, when I was pregnant with DD I was miserable every single, horrible day. So, it would be nice if that was easier too. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @thegreenbee OMG your brother is the BEST!  Hoops skirts forever!
    Formerly ahrains
    Me: 42 | DH: 45
    TTC since Dec. 2014
    BFP #1 Oct. 2015 | MC Nov. 2015
    Sept. 2016: FSH, AMH, E2, TSH, etc. all normal. | Oct. 2016: HSG all clear! | Nov. 2016: Hysteroscopy & H's SA both great results
    Dec. 2016 - Follistim + TI
    BFP #2 12/25/16 | Natural MC 2/13/17 | False BFP leads to D&C 4/20/17 | Emergency D&C + hysteroscopy 5/16/17
    <3 The road probably ends here <3 

•   Me: 27    DH: 37
    Humans to 1 dog, 2 cats!
    Dating: Feb 2012
    Married: Sep 2015
    NTNP: Sep 2015
    TTC#1: May 2016
  • @mpie72 try taking your prenatal at night, right before bed.  I've always done that and haven't had a problem...probably because by the time I would have started feeling sick, I'd already be asleep.
  • Month/Cycle:
    6/6
    CD/DPO:
    27/7
    Timing:
    -5,-4,-2,-1,0.+1
    Testing:

R/R:
    WHAT'S UP INSATIABLE APPETITE?
    CS/Q:

Ugh, this is a good question but I don't have a good answer.  Maybe a silent film?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 28 & Partner: 32 | Married 2014
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • @felix08  & @ahrains - You guys <3<3<3 Thank you for all the support! Now I am just a puddle of hot mess. HUGS!

@hezzer78 - Sorry for the BFN's :sweat: I am totally here for you! It is so rough to go through all this. But I can say, as sucky as it sounds, it is nice to have people who are going through it with you and will be here to support you through it all. You are always in my thoughts and prayers love.

**TW**
     TTC #1 Since March 2014
    Mommy to 4 furbabies

• Month/Cycle: 17/19

CD/DPO: 26/9

Timing: -5, -1

Testing: if I'm late, which would be Friday

R/R: still spotting. I cut my vitamin B dose in half and the spotting slowed down a lot

CS/Q:

GTKY: If you could be in any movie of your choosing, which movie would it be, which character would you be, and why?  Elizabeth Bennett in th BBC Pride and Prejudice so I could hang out with and kiss Colin Firth

• Month/Cycle: 19/10

CD/DPO: 21/1

Timing: -4,-3,-2,-1, O, and hopefully +1 tonight

Testing: I will at 14 DPO

R/R: Happy to be in the TWW finally. My biggest challenge will be staying as distracted as possible from TTC and remain busy. Stress and anxiety are my biggest enemies in this whole TTC process, honestly.  

CS/Q: not today.

GTKY: If you could be in any movie of your choosing, which movie would it be, which character would you be, and why? I always loved Meg Ryan's character in "You've Got Mail" and thought she had what seemed like such a cozy/charming life. I'll pick that...Nora Ephron really had a way of making you want to live inside her films. 

@westy99 your OITNB/donut gif made my day.

@mokay19 waiting on doctor calls are the worst and it's the biggest complaint about my office also. Mine won't leave details in voicemail either so if I miss the call we just end up in a 2 day long game of phone tag. I end up walking around with my ringer on loud at all times and I hate it. I hope they reach out to you and FX that the delayed reply means things look okay to them.

@mpie72 4:15 is the time I normally would temp also, mainly because it was early enough in the AM that I could guarantee 3 hours of solid sleep without being woken up. I always did it even on my days off and just fell back asleep if I could. Some days, however, I would log my temp and my mind would switch into TTC mode and getting back to sleep was impossible. 

@MrsJennaSheppard03 I feel your frustration. This board has been a saving grace because quite frankly, it's been nearly 2 years of TTC and my DH is so over hearing about it.  

• @bornmommy Save the Empire!
  • edited July 2016
    Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 28/5

Timing: IUI on 0

Testing: Tomorrow maybe, because I love disappointment. I'm gonna try to hold off 'till Thursday morning.

R/R: Surgery went really well, but we're still in the hospital!  :'( Wife was scheduled for radiation today and then they pushed it to tomorrow.  She's required to stay in-patient to get it, so it means another night in the hospital.  I slept over last night, but I'll probably go home tonight when she goes to sleep so I can sleep in a real bed and get to work on time and then set up camp again during my lunch.

I'm fairly nauseous today, but I'm trying real hard to not symptom spot (and failing).

CS/Q: My ovulation was pretty late this month (CD 23), should I expect my period to be later as well? My cycles are usually around 30-33 days, and my app is currently saying I'm gonna start my period in 5 days, but it also predicted my ovulation would be 5 days earlier than it was.  I'm thinking it's probably safe to tack on 5 more days to expect my period so I don't get all :#  and think I'm pregnant on CD 34 :p.

Pokemon! But, the TV show I guess, not any of the movies where world catastrophes are happening. I've been playing Pokemon Go like non stop... I wanna be the very best.  (I would probably run a center for abandoned pokemon, like the RL Old Friends Senior Dog Sanctuary.)

Me: 28 DW: 23
    Dating: 10/23/2013
    Married: 6/13/2014
    TTC since June 2016
    BFP #1: 3/2/17 - MC 5/22/17

• @captainfoxtrot I'm happy to hear the surgery went well!  Sorry for another hospital night though...DH was in the hospital in November for almost the entire month and I stayed there almost every night.  Gets very old, very quick!  As far as late ovulation, when I ovulate later, I have a longer cycle.  That's just me and everyone is different, but that's been my experience.
    Formerly ahrains
    Me: 42 | DH: 45
    TTC since Dec. 2014
    BFP #1 Oct. 2015 | MC Nov. 2015
    Sept. 2016: FSH, AMH, E2, TSH, etc. all normal. | Oct. 2016: HSG all clear! | Nov. 2016: Hysteroscopy & H's SA both great results
    Dec. 2016 - Follistim + TI
    BFP #2 12/25/16 | Natural MC 2/13/17 | False BFP leads to D&C 4/20/17 | Emergency D&C + hysteroscopy 5/16/17
    <3 The road probably ends here <3