Secondary IF

Hi, I'm new over here

I guess I go here now.

hi! I'm FloridaStanley. I have a 2.5 year old DS and we've been TTC #2 for a little over a year. Contrary to popular belief, I don't live in Florida lol 
I had mirena put in after I had DS, and when I got it taken out I started having anovulatory cycles. This was all pretty new to me as I never had any while ttc the first time! After a few- some where I had bleeding on my own, some where I needed provera- my OB decided we could try Femara for a few cycles. We were assuming that since DS isn't that old and we didn't have problems making him, that my tubes and DH's sperm were all good... So we're starting testing now, since we're a few cycles in and they haven't been successful. I have a consult with a RE on Wednesday, eep! 

So, hi! Tell me about yourself.
image image

Re: Hi, I'm new over here

• Hi and welcome.  I am new here too.  I am currently in an anovulatory cycle so I know that pain.  I never had them either before having DD, but testing last year revealed possible LOR.  We are still doing TI right now with OPKs, but we are planning on doing IUI come Sept/Oct. 
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Hello and welcome. I hope you stay is short. 

The RE should help break things down a little better than your OB. They will be able to run some tests and direct your progress. Ask questions, none are dumb, and make sure you are comfortable there. Good luck.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Loading the player...
  • Well the RE consult went terribly. She took one look at me and basically told me I'm too fat to have a baby and too fat to start real treatment at their clinic. Literally one of the first things she said to me was "have you considered bariatric surgery?"

she did order 7dpo bloodwork and said we could keep me on femara to keep me cycling, and we can try while we do that, but I have to get to her number before she can start treatment. she'll even do progesterone during these cycles if bloodwork says I need it. But nothing more until I lose like 100+ pounds. Which, to do so safely, will take like 2 years. 

...I'm making another consult appointment with another clinic. If she had said "lose x pounds and then we'll get the ball rolling while you continue to lose" that would have been something to consider, but that's apparently not an option with her. So I'm going to do the bloodwork because I want to know how my progesterone is, and I'm going to see another doctor. I'm all kinds of worked up and I don't even know if all this made sense.
    image image
  • Sorry you had such a terrible consult!  I think you are doing the right thing to get a second opinion.  It can't hurt and another doctor might have totally different advice.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Oh no. I am so sorry. My RE was willing to work with me to try to get cycles normal, but they won't do anything additional until treatments until patient BMI is below 30. It stings.  I hope you have a better 2nd opinion.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh