Pregnant after IF

Dip in Uterus & 3-D US

So, I had my SIS today & the NP said there was a dip in my uterus but RE would get back to me. My RE took one look at the image when I was there and said she wanted me to have a 3-D ultrasound to check this out.

They never saw anything like this in the last 3 yrs. I've had 1 HSG and lost count of the number of SIS procedures.

Has anyone else suddenly had a dip in the uterus ? Has anyone had a successful pregnancy with this condition ? TIA!

DH :  36, has Chronic Kidney Disease, on dialysis & is waiting on the transplant list (average wait for B+ is 5 years)

Me:   36, Hypothyroidism, PCOS, BMI 32, need to be done with "child bearing" ASAP so that I can be a Kidney donor (was fun realizing we didn't as much time as we thought :-/ )

We're TTC#1

IUI #1 : 5mcg Letrozole (CD 3-7) + Ovidrel Trigger + Had the one follicle = BFN  (March 2014)

IUI #2 : 5mcg Letrozole (CD 3-7) + 150 iu Bravelle on CD9 (after much begging!) + Had the one follicle = BFN (April 2014)

7th May 2014 - changed REs, this one seems to care (we think....)

IUI #3 : 7mcg Letrozole (CD 3- 7) + 75 iu Bravelle (CD 8-12) + CD12 Scan 5/16 + Had 3 follicles (2 under 15mm) = BFN(May 2014)

IUI #4 : 7mcg Letrozole (CD 3- 7) + 75 iu Bravelle (CD 8-12) + CD12 Scan 5/16 + Had 1 follicle + DH gave best sample so far = BFN(June 2014)

IVF#1 -  ER Only Cycle Sept-Oct 2014, 17  eggs Retrieved, 14 mature, 10 fertilized, 6 made it to Blast & post PGS  5 were not viable due to chromosomal abnormalities
Not sure where we go from here...

We're parents to two very adorable, bratty, affectionate & goofy Bernese Mountain Dog pups who would very much like a 2 legged baby brother or sister of their own!

Re: Dip in Uterus & 3-D US

• Hei @ddvj79. I myself do not have a dip, or at least not that I know off. But my friend has. She has no infertility problems, and has 3 boys.

I had to google (after asking her what it was called she has) there is a little more info on the webside.
    I'll cross my fingers that the dip doesn't give you any extra trouble you are already having.
    GL on your journey!

Arcuate uterus 
    This looks more like a normal uterus, except it has a dip, or slight indentation at the top. It is a common abnormality, affecting about one in 25 women in the general population. It.doesn't usually make conceiving difficult.
    https://www.babycentre.co.uk/a1038163/abnormalities-of-the-uterus-and-fertility#ixzz4FUqPZ0ET

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• ddvj79ddvj79 member
    tvh1982 

I just got back from the ultrasound and they said the uterus itself looks ok but a I have a fibroid that causes it to look like there is a septum I hope they can remove it and we can move ahead ...fingers crossed!

DH :  36, has Chronic Kidney Disease, on dialysis & is waiting on the transplant list (average wait for B+ is 5 years)

Me:   36, Hypothyroidism, PCOS, BMI 32, need to be done with "child bearing" ASAP so that I can be a Kidney donor (was fun realizing we didn't as much time as we thought :-/ )

We're TTC#1

IUI #1 : 5mcg Letrozole (CD 3-7) + Ovidrel Trigger + Had the one follicle = BFN  (March 2014)

IUI #2 : 5mcg Letrozole (CD 3-7) + 150 iu Bravelle on CD9 (after much begging!) + Had the one follicle = BFN (April 2014)

IUI #3 : 7mcg Letrozole (CD 3- 7) + 75 iu Bravelle (CD 8-12) + CD12 Scan 5/16 + Had 3 follicles (2 under 15mm) = BFN(May 2014)

IUI #4 : 7mcg Letrozole (CD 3- 7) + 75 iu Bravelle (CD 8-12) + CD12 Scan 5/16 + Had 1 follicle + DH gave best sample so far = BFN(June 2014)

IVF#1 -  ER Only Cycle Sept-Oct 2014, 17  eggs Retrieved, 14 mature, 10 fertilized, 6 made it to Blast & post PGS  5 were not viable due to chromosomal abnormalities

We're parents to two very adorable, bratty, affectionate & goofy Bernese Mountain Dog pups who would very much like a 2 legged baby brother or sister of their own!

• Loading the player...
  • Glad to hear the uterus itselfs looks good, hope indeed they can remove the fibroid. I'll keep my fingers crossed with you!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• ddvj79ddvj79 member
    Thank you tvh1982 ! 

We're TTC#1

• PiperellaPiperella member
    edited July 2016
    I have an arcuate uterus,  that has a slight heart shape deip.  My doctors were not worried as it isn't a severe dip.   Good luck in your journey! 
  • ddvj79ddvj79 member
    Piperella ! 

Turns out I have something (they suspect a fibroid) that is causing my uterus to have a septum. Hysteroscopy next week to have it removed...hopefully it won't be an issue in the long run!

We're TTC#1