Trying to Get Pregnant

IF/Testing Weekly Check-In 7/25

***General TW that this thread can and will mention MC and loss.***

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another.  Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say, and treat this like an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (If you've been): 

Cycle/CD: 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?)

How are things going?

Any questions? 

GTKY: What is one movie that never fails to make you laugh your butt off?

Re: IF/Testing Weekly Check-In 7/25

• Diagnosis (If you've been): ovulatory abnormal bleeding and MFI - low morph

Cycle/CD: 19/ CD25/8dpo

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  TWW

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?) NTNP

How are things going? waiting on a call from the new RE to find out how long the wait is for an appointment

Any questions? 

GTKY: What is one movie that never fails to make you laugh your butt off? most Pixar movies
  • Diagnosis (If you've been):  PCOS

Cycle/CD: first actual cycle, 11th month / CD24/DPO6

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  TWW

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?)  Letrozole, trigger, metformin

How are things going?  Good. The doctor never called me with my progesterone check results so I'm annoyed about that.... We'll see what happens I guess...

Any questions? 

GTKY: What is one movie that never fails to make you laugh your butt off?  She's the Man!
  • Loading the player...
  • Diagnosis (If you've been): RE hasn't specifically stated a diagnosis. Everything checks out fine, so unexplained secondary infertility is what we're looking at.

Cycle/CD: 13/10

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  WTO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?) taking a break this month. we were going to try again with clomid, trigger, and iui, but dh will be OOT at the exact time that we would need to do the iui. So... that's that.

How are things going? I'm not temping or doing opks or anything. Though it's a nice mental health break, I also hate giving up some of that control. I also hate feeling like it's a wasted month. Annnnd....I'm having a little bit of a tough time seeing new posters who have a 6 month old or thereabouts, and are trying again. I was due mid January so I'd have a 6 month old right now. I'm just struggling a bit with it all. I just wish this struggle would end and I'd finally be pg again.

Any questions? What does it mean if you have a mature follicle(s) but no LH surge? That's what happened last cycle. I had 2 mature follicles but wasn't showing an LH surge. RE said it might've been a fluke so we'll see next month when we go back to the regimen. I've always gotten an LH surge on opks and seen a clear temp shift every month so I was confused...

GTKY: What is one movie that never fails to make you laugh your butt off? I don't typically watch a movie more than once, so I'll go with the last funny movie I saw which was Daddy's Home. DH brought it home one night and I thought it was just going to be completely stupid. It was dumb, but I laughed the whole way through it. It was exactly what I needed.
    DD 6/2007
    DS 4/2009
    m/c 11/12/2010 ~ 7 wks
    m/c 7/4/2012 ~ 6 wks
    DD 12/2013
    mmc Baby Girl 7/12/2015 ~ 14 weeks  <3
    Twin girls! 8/26/2017

• Diagnosis (If you've been): diminished ovarian reserve 

Cycle/CD: 11 / 6

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  WTO

Hysterscopy with polypectomy on Thursday morning 

How are things going? Anxious to get this over with. Nervous about being put under anesthesia.  Excited for the possibility that this can help our fertility 

Any questions? I got nada this week. 

i usually don't want movies more than once but I can watch 50 first dates over and over again.
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Diagnosis (If you've been):  Unexplained and high DNA fragmentation

Cycle/CD: 16/5

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WTO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?) -  TI w/ opks, IUI next cycle

How are things going? not great. I was doing ok this weekend, it was one of the first cycles that I didn't have a sobbing meltdown when AF arrived so I thought I was doing well. We celebrated our 6th anniversary this weekend, which was a nice getaway and tasted lots of great wine, but it all just feels empty. 
    Do you ever wish that someone would cry for you, so that you aren't always the one crying? Do you ever wish that your family and friends REALLY understood your pain, and could really empathize for you? I feel like my family can't truly understand the pain I'm going through, because it isn't on their mind every minute of everyday like it is mine. How can they know? What it's like to sit, with your life on hold while all the women in your life are blessed to become mothers. Reminders are everywhere that others can have children, and we can't. I can't escape it; families in the grocery store, babies even brought along to the vineyards we visited, and my sister-in-law making a video blog on breastfeeding tips... I just can't escape this pain and sorrow. 

Any questions? 

GTKY: What is one movie that never fails to make you laugh your butt off? none I can think of right now....

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• @Daisy621 when I took Letrozole this cycle, they checked that my follicles were maturing with ultrasounds and I continued to take OPKs just to see but they never turned positive. The doctor told me to trigger on a certain day though so I triggered when my follicles were mature even though my body wasn't naturally having a LH surge. 
  • laurad75laurad75 member
    edited July 2016
    @ReesaAnne16 I am so sorry for how you are feeling right now.  Its so hard for anyone to really know how difficult this is for you.  I hope you are finding some comfort in the community here and find ways to stay hopeful.  

Diagnosis (If you've been): very low AMH

Cycle/CD: I literally have no idea - see below

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  TWW apparently

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?)  no treatment bc it was all cancelled

How are things going? - sorry this is kinda long but its really weird and complicated
    Earlier this month H and I met with the RE for the first time and we felt very hopeful after our conversation with him.  There was a plan to start with our tests and I would do a clomid challenge right away.  AF arrived a week later and I called to schedule my CD 3 blood test with the plan to start clomid on CD 5.  The next day they called to tell me my estrogen levels were very high (possibly caused by a cyst they thought they saw on my ultrasound) so I shouldn't start the clomid bc I would fail the clomid challenge.  They also told me that I had this exact test done the month before and my levels were fine so they weren't concerned that this was a bigger problem.  

I was also scheduled from the HSG on CD 10 (yesterday/ Monday) but because of the elevated estrogen they wanted me to come in on CD 9 for a blood test to confirm I had not ovulated.  Later that day they called to tell me my progesterone levels indicated that I had in fact ovulated and I am in the luteal phase... on CD 9.  So the nurse called me yesterday (CD 10) to confirm that the HSG would be cancelled and she thinks the bleeding I experienced was not AF but actual mid-cycle bleeding so I should wait until my actual AF begins and call then or call in 2 weeks whichever comes first. 

Now, she is a nurse at a fertility clinic and I have been TTC for only 4 months but the bleeding I experienced showed up exactly when my cycle was supposed to begin and was no different than any other period I have had so I am having a hard time understanding what is going on.  

Sorry this is so long.  

Any questions? Does anyone have any thoughts?  I'm so frustrated.  

GTKY: What is one movie that never fails to make you laugh your butt off?  Best In Show "God loves a Terrier..."

Edited bc I wanted to add a BIS gif and I just learned how. 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @ReesaAnne16 I truly understand what you're going through. And I FULLY feel the same way a lot of days. No one does understand IRL, that's the thing. I had this discussion with DH not to long ago. I just said I had lots of people around me wanting me to educate them on our circumstances, but no one with me day in and day out that truly understands what I feel. Sure, they may understand the science of it all, but no one can relate to the pain I feel after every BFN. Every failure. It almost feels like a loss in the sense of, time/opportunity. I hear you. It's really difficult. The hardest journey I've ever been on. Even harder than being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. 

Diagnosis (If you've been): PCOS

Cycle/CD: 10/8 - CD 9

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?) Letrozole 7.5mg, Trigger, IUI # 3

How are things going? Things are still going on track for now. I have an u/s scheduled for Thursday morning to check my follies. I'm hoping for IUI on Friday or Saturday. Trying not to get my hopes up with, third times a charm, but statistics show if IUI and Letrozole are going to work it'll be in 3-4 cycles. However, if this cycle doesn't work, DH and I are willing to try one more since our insurance covers it. Then we will move on to injectables, which I'm really hoping we won't have to do. But I do feel good that we have plans laid in place for moving forward. 

Any questions? 

Most early Adam Sandler movies! Especially Billy Madison. 

• Diagnosis (If you've been): unexplained secondary infertility

Cycle/CD: 9/ 13

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?) Nothing because we will be away during ovulation. 

How are things going? Ok. I'm planning on taking progesterone after I confirm ovulation. My doctor said that's fine even though they don't think it will help anything. 

Any questions? My doctor wants to start clomid next cycle even though I ovulated two eggs with letrozole. I don't understand how clomid would benefit me more, if letrozole is already doing the job.  If letrozole doesn't increase my progesterone even though it is working, why would clomid increase my progesterone? 

GTKY: What is one movie that never fails to make you laugh your butt off? Hmm this is hard I dont watch a lot of movies.  I much prefer tv shows. I think happy endings was pretty much the funniest tv show ever and I still haven't gotten over the fact it was cancelled. 
  • @laurad75 It's possible you O'ed late, and that's why you're in the LP.  If you're progesterone is elevated, you probably did O, and therefore the nurse is correct in thinking you're in your LP. Has the bleeding continued in an AF like fashion? Or is it gone now? This sounds like a telltale, you're regular until you're not. But you know your body best! Did they give you a pregnancy test just in case? Or have you taken any?
  • @laurad75 It's possible you O'ed late, and that's why you're in the LP.  If you're progesterone is elevated, you probably did O, and therefore the nurse is correct in thinking you're in your LP. Has the bleeding continued in an AF like fashion? Or is it gone now? This sounds like a telltale, you're regular until you're not. But you know your body best! Did they give you a pregnancy test just in case? Or have you taken any?

Bleeding continued in AF like fashion for 5 days so its gone now.  I took a HPT yesterday with a not so surprising BFN.  'You're regular until you're not' - I think I needed to hear that.  Thanks @mrsdaddario.  
    So now I just wait for AF which will hopefully be here sooner rather than later.  I do feel a little crampy and have a breakout on my chin which are PMS signs for me.  
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75 so the nurse thinks that either you ovulated around CD8 or that your previous cycle was still going?  It is possible to ovulate that early I believe... you could be like 2DPO ish right now if I'm reading all of this correctly....?   Either way, I'm sorry for the frustrations and unknown!  Will you be going back to the doctor again soon for another check or did they tell you to wait until you get your period?

• Thank you @mokay19.  Its helping to share my frustration with the group because no one else really has any clue what I'm talking about and my H is just mad that we aren't able to starting any treatment.  

At first I thought they were suggesting I ovulated on CD 8 which would put me at 3 DPO today but on CD 3 I took the blood test for the clomid challenge which showed elevated estrogen levels and they thought that might be due to a cyst because they saw 'something' when they did an u/s also on CD 3.  Now, bc of the progesterone levels also being elevated they are suggesting that I haven't had AF and I'm still on last months cycle.  The bleeding I experienced on CD 27 (or CD 1 depending on the circumstances) was actually mid-cycle bleeding.  Does any of this make sense bc to me (who has only been TTC for 4 months and only tracking my cycles for 6 or so) its totally weird?

The nurse told me to call on my next CD 1 or in 2 weeks - whichever comes first.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• adiratadirat member
    @laurad75 I'm sorry to hear this. So tough for you. Honestly, depending on the type of cyst, your cycle could be totally out of whack because the cyst is messing things up -- so as weird as it is, it's very possible that was midcycle bleeding and you are on your previous cycle. 

Cysts can do all sorts of weird things -- I had one in college that made me bleed like a "light" period day for more than two weeks (which is when I went into the gyno and was told it was because of a cyst that would resolve on its own). Given your elevated estrogen levels, quickly followed by elevated progesterone levels, I think a cyst is likelier than CD8 ovulation. (While CD8 ovulation is certainly possible, I don't think you'd see the hormone levels you're reporting.) That said, when you go in again, ask them for more information. They should talk to you about this if you are confused. Demand more info about the "something"!

• @laurad75 what you're telling me makes sense... as in, I understand the timeline now.  But I'm sorry that I don't have any insight on the cycle(s) for you.  It sucks that bodies can be so abnormal and confusing!  FX for you and some clarification in the next two weeks because, I'm sure everyone here agrees, that the unknown and waiting to know is literally the worst.
  • @adirat and @mokay19  Thank you so much.  It really means a lot to me to hear that this isn't completely insane.  I honestly feel better.  I might call back tomorrow to just ask for them to explain it to me again.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• adiratadirat member
    @laurad75 Any time. Good luck. And yes, advocate for yourself and ask for more info. In my experience, doctors tend to under-provide data because they think people don't care or won't understand it. But you need that information to make an informed decision for yourself. Don't be afraid to ask for more. FX for you!

• I called the office and very much too politely asked for someone to call me to reexplain wtf is going on.  A nurse called back and she was very patient and kind.  I definitely have already ovulated and much sooner than normal but it is probably all because of the stupid cyst.  She explained that they are harmless but can really mess with a cycle so we just have to wait for next AF.  The good news is that it shouldn't prevent us from conceiving so there is always the chance that our timing lined up with weird ovulation.  I feel better. 

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• adiratadirat member
    @laurad75 Yay! I'm glad she was able to talk you through it. FX for your timing!

• Update:  I called my doctor about the progesterone and they said it was 11.66 which I guess she said is good and shows that I did indeed ovulate. So that's good haha when I got the blood draw, I was 8 days past trigger and 6 DPO.
  • @ReesaAnne16, I'm so sorry that you are having a tough time. I understand how you feel, and have a similar emptiness/loneliness. My husband and I haven't told our families what we're going through, so they really don't know at *all* how we feel. It's really difficult for me when friends ask how we're doing and what's new, and my mind is bursting with the real answer ("We are very frustrated and a little sad; I am uncomfortable from various painful procedures and blood draws; we've been very busy with doctor appointments and testing and figuring out insurance; we're obsessed with optimizing my diet, vitamins, supplements, exercise, etc.."), and my mouth says, "Oh, gosh, nothing much, really." It's hard. It's so hard. You're not alone.

Diagnosis: Unexplained. (This is not an official diagnosis of "Unexplained Infertility" yet, but at each my three RE appointments so far, the RE has said all tests look normal, so that seems to be where it's heading.)

Cycle/CD: 11/2

What are you doing this cycle? No treatment planned right now, just TTC. We still have to get our genetic testing done before we begin treatment, and will do that during this cycle. My RE wants to start simple with TI next cycle. In the meantime, I am feeling reinvigorated to focus on a super fertility-friendly diet, so that's what I'm doing. I'm also determined to improve the quality of my CM, because mine isn't doing me any favors.

How are things going? It was pretty bleak for a few days there, but I'm ready to move forward now. I'm sad and I'm frustrated, but I know that isn't a helpful mindset, so I'm trying to focus on the things I can control.

Any questions? 

GTKY: I can't think of any movies that crack me up nearly as much as TV shows. Arrested Development, 30 Rock, and Modern Family *always* make me laugh!
  • ReesaAnne16ReesaAnne16 member
    edited July 2016
    @laurad75 @mrsdaddario@YesOuiCan
    Thank you for the cheerful messages, ladies; if anyone understands what I'm feeling, it's true that you all do. I really appreciated your notes, it lifted my spirits a bit today when I really needed. I think I'll try to watch some of the movies and tv shows people are recommending, and try to have a good laugh. :)

TTC #1 since June 2015 
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• jmr1515jmr1515 member
    edited July 2016
    @ReesaAnne16 I'm so sorry you're having a rough time. My SIL just had a baby and we want to see our nephew as much as possible but it has been really hard. Even harder when they say things like "we are so happy to have our family now" or "you'll understand when you have your first child". I get so angry sometimes...they know that we have been TTC longer than they did and yet they still make comments like that. People who haven't been through the struggle just can't comprehend how difficult it truly is. It's definitely turning me into a tougher person! Take comfort that this community is full of supportive ladies going through the exact same thing! You are not alone!

Diagnosis (If you've been): Mild MFI (Morph) verging on unexplained as per my gyne

Cycle/CD: 13/13

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?) Just regular old TI this cycle. Possibly starting a medicated cycle next month.

How are things going? Ok. I've been trying to have DH build up his stuff for some scheduled intercourse. Hopefully I get EWCM today.

Any questions? Nope!

GTKY: What is one movie that never fails to make you laugh your butt off? Anchorman. Always.
    Me: 29 years old, DH: 31 years old
    TTC #1 since July 2015
    SA Feb 2016 & May 2016: Excellent count and motility, 3% morphology
    Surgery Dec 2016: submucosal fibroid removed
    Awaiting RE appointment

• Diagnosis (If you've been): PCOS

Cycle/CD: Month 13, 2AL, cycle 8, cd16

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  tww

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?) IUI

How are things going? Today was my final IUI. 30.7 million. Beta August 10. IVF consult August 11 if no bfp 

Any questions? 

GTKY: What is one movie that never fails to make you laugh your butt off?i love animated movies. Despicable Me, How to Train a Dragon

TTC since June 2015
    DH {29} Me {26}
    PCOS Diagnosis | September 2015
    IF Specialist | November 2015
    Provera | November 2015 | 179 Days since last AF
    HSG | December 2015 | All Clear
    Provera | January 2016 | 46 Days since last AF
    1st round of Femara 2.5mgs | January 2016 | No response
    Provera | February 2016 | 44 Days since last AF
    2nd round of Femara 5mgs | March 2016 | O CD18 | AF 3/28/2016
    3rd round of Femara 5mgs | March/April 2016 | No response | AF 5/6/2016
    4th round of Femara 7.5mgs | May 2016 | BFP June 4, 2015
    EDD: 2/15/2017 | Loss Discovered: 6/11/2016 | NMC: 6/15/2015
    Gonal-F 75 IU upped to 100 IU | June 2016 | IUI June 29, 2016 | Beta: July 13, 2016 | AF 7/12/2016
    Gonal-F 75 IU upped to 112.5IU | July 2016 | IUI July 27, 2016 | Beta: August 10, 2016 | + Beta 171!
    BFP on Digi 8/8/2016 | Beta #2: 396 = 39 hour doubling time | Beta #3: 1659 = 34 hour doubling time
    First ultrasound: August 17, 2016; 5 weeks; Gestational Sac and yolk
    Second ultrasound: August 25, 2016; 6W+1D; Heartbeat 105bpm
    Third ultrasound: August 31, 2016; 7 weeks; Heartbeat 136bpm
    Graduated from RE: August 31, 2016
    EDD: April 17, 2017

• @HarryPotterandCats Your username!!! ❤️❤️❤️

If if you don't mind my asking, what number IUI are you on? I'm going into our third with PCOS. 
  • @ReesaAnne16 I'm so sorry that you're having such a hard time. I know what has landed me in IF isn't exactly one of the normal reasons and because of that I always feel like an impostor here. So I probably don't really understand all the ins and outs of IF the same way that some of you other ladies do. But I definitely do understand what it's like to desperately want a baby and not have one. I know what it's like to think about it obsessively everyday and to feel like you're going to cry every time you talk to/go visit family (who all seem to have babies/little children), you go to the store, you go to church or whatever else. I understand feeling like everyone else in the world gets to have a take-home baby. So, even though your family and friends don't get it just know that we all get it. We truly understand it and you're more than welcome to vent to us anytime. 

I know this whole process is very isolating. But you're not alone. We're all in this with you. And we're all cheering you on!

Lots of hugs.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @NamelessAria  Thank you... So much... I actually got very tearful reading your note. Thank you for letting me vent, I feel like my friends are tired of hearing it and don't know what to say to me.
    Thank you for all of your encouragement over these many months, it does help me feel less alone.
    I am praying for you and hoping you get a take home rainbow baby very soon. I really hope we can be in the same BMB :) 

TTC #1 since June 2015 

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN

• @mrsdee15 you are definitely welcome here, though I'm sorry that you find yourself here. I could see how putting a limit of 4 IUIs before IVF is intimidating but you could always try TI after IUIs before IVF if they don't work in those 4 cycles. Then you'd feel like you have more time before IVF but you'd also get your best chances in the beginning with the IUIs. Hugs to you!
  • I had a follicle scan this morning and sadly I only have a 10mm, and my lining wasn't thick yet. Only a 5mm. This time last cycle I was not ready, but I had a 14mm and a 15mm. I have to go back Monday. If no growth by Monday, another round of Letrozole at 10mg. I requested the actual doctor do this IUI (thanks @DoctorDonna for the suggestion). And I also asked if we could have a consult with him if this cycle doesn't work. I feel utterly defeated, and I cannot stop crying. I feel like my body is just letting me down time after time; and I hate that just because one cycle worked, doesn't guarantee the next. I can see this going in the direction of our first cycle, where I had to take Letrozole 3x before we had any growth. I don't know if I can put myself through another 50 day cycle. Blah. #pityparty I'm sorry guy's. I don't mean to be a bummer! 
  • @mokay19 Welcome.  I am still sorta new here but planned to start my treatments this cycle until a cyst effed up everything.  So, like you, I have not started treatment but still in the test phase with my RE clinic.  I think this is a good place for you to learn more about your options and maybe hear about some others experiences so you can feel better about what is being suggested.  

@mrsdaddario My heart is breaking for you.  I wish I had something brilliant to say that would help you find some hope in going forward.  I'm hoping there is some good news for you on Monday.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @mrsdaddario I'm sorry about the frustrating follicle growth. I understand the feeling of going in and expecting them to be a certain size and feeling that disappointment. I hope that you won't have to do how the first cycle was and my fingers are crossed that they progress plenty for the scan on Monday. I'm also glad that you're getting to see and meet with the doctor coming up! Hopefully he'll be able to offer insight and help. Hugs to you!
  • @mrsdaddario Honey, I am so very sorry.  I've been lurking over here because my own diagnosis is simply unexplained + age.  Yesterday was my #pityparty because of CD1 andplusalso this is going to be my last medicated cycle before talking about "final steps." In one of my crying fits, DH sweetly told me it was okay and "it was out of my control."  I sobbed harder, telling him that was the most frustrating part of all - I can't. control. it.  All of this to say, I know your feelings, I see your feelings, I feel your feelings and your hurt.  And I am pushing SO HARD for you! <3
    Formerly ahrains
    Me: 42 | DH: 45
    TTC since Dec. 2014
    BFP #1 Oct. 2015 | MC Nov. 2015
    Sept. 2016: FSH, AMH, E2, TSH, etc. all normal. | Oct. 2016: HSG all clear! | Nov. 2016: Hysteroscopy & H's SA both great results
    Dec. 2016 - Follistim + TI
    BFP #2 12/25/16 | Natural MC 2/13/17 | False BFP leads to D&C 4/20/17 | Emergency D&C + hysteroscopy 5/16/17
    <3 The road probably ends here <3 

• @HarryPotterandCats Your username!!! ❤️❤️❤️

If if you don't mind my asking, what number IUI are you on? I'm going into our third with PCOS. 
    This was my second. My insurance requires two before we can move to IVF. My RE only gave us a 7% chance with IUI

TTC since June 2015
    DH {29} Me {26}
    Gonal-F 75 IU upped to 100 IU | June 2016 | IUI June 29, 2016 | Beta: July 13, 2016 | AF 7/12/2016
    Gonal-F 75 IU upped to 112.5IU | July 2016 | IUI July 27, 2016 | Beta: August 10, 2016 | + Beta 171!
    BFP on Digi 8/8/2016 | Beta #2: 396 = 39 hour doubling time | Beta #3: 1659 = 34 hour doubling time

• Hey girl @HarryPotterandCats

@mrsdee15  My RE gave us the choice between TI and IUI on medicated cycles. She recommended IUI because the chances of success were slightly higher than TI and we ultimately decided to go with IUI on Clomid cycles because if I'm going to deal with all the Clomid side effects then I wanted the best chance of it working. We also decided to do 3 IUIs before moving on to IVF, again based on the recommendation of the RE. She said if it's going to work it will likely work within 3 cycles and that while people do see success on IUI#4 or #5 it's not that common
  • @HarryPotterandCats Our RE gave us very a similar statistic. 8% with Letrozole and IUI, 12% (or around there, I can't remember exactly) with injectables and IUI. IVF was a 40% chance, but even the thought of that at this point is a hard pill to swallow. 
  • edited July 2016
    @HarryPotterandCats Our RE gave us very a similar statistic. 8% with Letrozole and IUI, 12% (or around there, I can't remember exactly) with injectables and IUI. IVF was a 40% chance, but even the thought of that at this point is a hard pill to swallow. 
    We have been using injectables both cycles. I wanted to do what would give us our best chances (even with low percentage). I was on letrozol from February to May. We got pregant but had a loss a week after we found out. 

Since we have been working with our RE (since Nov 2015) I have been in the mindset that IVF is our best option and if we get pregnant prior to that awesome. It has helped me deal with the BFNs and knowing we will more then likely be going that route. 

Eta: Heyyyy @LadyMillil ! I just saw your post :)

TTC since June 2015
    DH {29} Me {26}

• whiskawhiska member
    @mrsdaddario I'm so sorry - that's so difficult because you feel like you should be getting a lot closer when you're putting your body through these treatments and procedures, but it's like everything is still dangling out of reach.  It's heartbreaking.  I really really hope at your next scan you see growth.  This is hard so we don't have to be strong and resolved all the time; it's okay to pity our situation or be a bummer from time to time.  We'll still be here for you.  Hugs.

@mrsdee15 I definitely feel like an imposter here sometimes because all I've done is the bloodwork and HSG, and I haven't been as aggressive about treatment, but I like hanging around these gals because they understand the acute pain that can come from waiting (and hoping, and worrying, and so on) for so long.  It's also informative to see how everyone is doing with treatments; I appreciate them sharing their experiences so much.
    "I'm really scared nothing will work"  ...  "That feels... Just so end-gameish so fast"
    YESSSSSS.  This is where I am.  I'm afraid it won't work, and I feel like once we start treatments I'm going to 1) get my hopes up a lot higher and 2) if they don't work after 3-4 cycles I'm going to feel even more compelled to start IVF.  From where I'm sitting it looks like it will all happen so fast and I just don't feel ready for that!!  (Even though I know, like someone said above, that you can take a break any time.  I just know that's not how I'm going to process it.)  I hope your treatments go well when you start (more that you end up not needing them!)!  We're looking at starting Clomid + IUI late September so maybe we'll start together?

Diagnosis (If you've been):  Unexplained infertility

Cycle/CD:  Cycle 16, CD10

Regular ol' TI with opks

How are things going?
    Ready to get a move on.  I guess I'm impatient to get to meds too, but I also want to give TI a chance for two more months.  I just want these two months to hurry up since I'm 99% sure they're not going to work.  Dear life: 

Any questions? 

I love movies and comedies best so I've gotta list more than one!
    --Coming to America might be my favorite comedy.  "Sexual Chocolate, everybody!" [mic drop] "That boy can sing!" "You must be crazy" "He good!"  "You must be crazy" :joy:

--Frat Pack movies like Talladega Nights, Wedding Crashers, Old School, 40-Year-Old Virgin
    --Clueless
    --Tommy Boy

For recent stuff, Spy and Bridesmaids had me laughing more than any movie in the last decade, mostly because of Melissa McCarthy's delivery and physicality.  Amazing!  Kristin Wiig and Rose Byrne are freaking awesome too.
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• @mrsdaddario I'm so sorry. It's just not fair.