March 2017 Moms

1st ultrasound?

Hi ladies
My first preganacy after 7 years of infertility. Accordingly to my last period I am 6 weeks and 3 days. Friday I will be 7 weeks and have my first ultrasound. I am terrified they are going to tell me something is wrong bc I still can't believe I am pregnant. Other than sore boobs and being tired. I don't really feel any different. Is that normal. My hcg is rising appropriately so that's good too. Tell me about your first ultrasound. Is it vaginally or on the belly? Thanks friends!!

Re: 1st ultrasound?

• This early, it will most likely be transvaginal. Nearly all ultrasounds in the first trimester are done that way. I'm so excited for you to see your baby! FX and I will send you lots of positive energy on Friday! 

• @Machi87

I had exactly the same fears before my first ultrasound!  I didn't feel particularly pregnant then (and I still haven't had really strong symptoms like a lot of the ladies here have, even though I'm 9 weeks), but everything was okay for me, and hopefully it'll be the same for you!  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • I was 6 weeks, 3 days at my first US, they did it abdominally first and were able to see the baby, but had to go in vaginally to see it in better detail.  Fingers crossed for you!  I was also terrified at my first US, I cried when I saw the heartbeat because I was so relieved.  Good luck!  
    Married: 7/9/15
    Me: 37, DH: 36
    Started TTC #1: 9/2015
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
    BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
    BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you so much!♡
  • Echoing PPs.  Just had my first yesterday.  Transvaginal.  Could only see yolk sac.  I also have very few symptoms at 6 weeks (sore breasts/enhanced smell/different taste buds) but nothing else.  Congratulations, just take care of yourself and relax!  
  • They can do it abdominally. Just make sure you drink 32 oz of water to have a full bladder. It makes it easier for them to see everything. I'm just now 7 weeks and I've already had two scans. Both were abdominally and they saw the baby and picked up the heart beat just fine.  
  • I had one with MJ and it was vaginal at 9 weeks. I had one with my lost pregnancy at 8 weeks and it was abdominal. The vaginal one gives way better view! He looked like a sour patch kid!
  • I had one around 6.5 weeks, they did both types. 
    BabyFruit Ticker