Pregnant after IF

2nd trimester check in, week 25th july

tvh1982tvh1982 member
edited July 2016 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility".

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appt is and what for.

Mommies to be:
@wenikilina EDD 10/28/16 with 1 girl and 1 boy!
@sassysd7 EDD 10/31/16 with 1 girl and 1 boy!
@tvh1982 EDD 11/11/16 with 1 girl!
@ZoeFer EDD 11/14/16 with 1 girl!
@Rachd110 EDD 11/19/16 with 1 bean!
@mskeenan EDD 11/20/16 with 1 boy!
@vmjones05 EDD 11/26/16 
@PrayingMom2Be EDD 12/3/16
@ssandberg EDD 12/4/16 with 1 girl and 1 boy!
@capps42613 EDD 12/5/16 with 1 boy!
@kuposa17 EDD 12/7/16
@erica0901 EDD 12/10/16 with 1 boy! 
@griffin5413 EDD 12/28/16 with 1 boy!
@hskoien27 EDD ??/??/16
@Emma61210 EDD 1/1/17 (Our first 2017!!!)  with 1 bean!
@drove2u EDD 1/4/2017 with 1 girl!
@ultratomato 1/12/2017 with 2 beans!
@vssbrm EDD 1/14/17 with 1 boy!
@tulips29EDD 1/22/17 with 1 boy!

Congratulations @ecb3588@kennelchick@Morningstar80@laur2444 and @Jerseygirl856 for graduating to the 3rd trimester  smile 

As I am taking up this check-in for the time being, I would very much appreciate a heads-up if your 3rd trimester starts the next week, as I am horrible in remembereing and calculating this!

QOTW: I am at a complete blank.. feel free to come up with a question, or maybe my brain will function in a little bit :smiley:

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: 2nd trimester check in, week 25th july

• I hope to find out what these beans are this Friday I will be alittle over 16 weeks. I'm anxiously waiting. How many of you ladies did a gender reveal party?
  • Hi girls!! 16 weeks here. we didn't do a gender reveal party. We actually wanted it kept as a surprise but when quest lab emailed me my blood test results front and center of the report said female chromosome. Oh well. I'm glad we know though. Would've been fun to do something and have a little party at least with just family. 
  • Loading the player...
  • So excited to find out @ultratomato.

I'm 24 weeks and will have a checkup with my midwife on thursday, other then that it is quiet.
    Will have 3 weeks of from friday, and will be home at my mums and sister..looking forward to relax..although I have to have my whole apartment packed by friday :worried:

I know I have a girl, and told first my sister..thought I could keep it secret, but the whole world knows by now. Didn't think about telling the rest of the family, just if it would come up.
    Gender reveal parties aren't a Dutch thing. 
    But yesterday I send a picture on whatsapp to my mum about a kitchen trolley I use for baby clothes, and instead of sending it to her only, I managed to send it to the family whatsapp group she replied to last...so now they know :smile:

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• ZoeFerZoeFer member
    edited July 2016
    Hi all, I am 24 weeks today and can`t believe how fast the time goes by. I am not doing do well with this heat wave in NY. On Friday and Saturday, I felt so dizzy after I got to work. Especially on Friday, I felt like I was going to faint if I stand up. I couldnt test my blood pressure at that time but other times it was okay (100-60). I did not call or message my doctor, assuming that it is kind of normal to feel dizzy during pregnancy. I have an appointment next week and will bring it up in there. How are you all doing with the heat ?
    One exciting thing happened this weekend is that our friend bought us a stroller from our registry and it is the first item/gift for our daughter. I am super excited for that :)

We didnot have a gender reveal party, we put a girls head on the ultrasound picture and sent out to our close friends (mostly frineds that kept asking:)) and family , saying that it s a girl. 

• Hi ladies! I'm so happy to be in the second trimester now that I'm 14w1d! :smiley: I have one little baby boy bean growing and my EDD is 1/22/17. @tvh1982 can you please add me to the list? Thank you! 

We did our NT scan last week and it was great. Now patiently waiting for my 20 week anatomy scan. Have to do additional blood work at 16 weeks, so that's all I have scheduled for now. My friend told me about the panaroma scan this weekend. Anyone know what that scan is and did you have it done? She said she had it done around 13/14 weeks and found on baby's gender. 

As for gender reveals, we're going to do one with just immediate family. They are anxiously waiting and it's fun to hear them making predictions while we already know. :smile:
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• @zoefer I'm in NYC too and the AC is broken in our office. Dying right now.  
  • @Drove2u yikes! It's hot out there today. Hopefully you're keeping cool somehow. 

@ZoeFer I'm in NYC too and hating this heat. I hope you feel better today and not as dizzy! I feel lightheaded from time to time in the heat, but not too often. Mainly if I'm out for too long or don't drink enough water. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Went to our anatomy scan today and everything looks normal, healthy, and great! I am so so relieved. Confirmed that we are in fact having a boy and was told that the spotting that I experienced was probably a blood vessel bursting since my placenta and cervix both look normal. Asked why I still haven't felt kicks yet, and was told since I am a FTM it usually takes more time to feel. We definitely saw him move A LOT during the scan so I know he is active!
    Me 32 DH 34
    Married 9/2012 

TTC #2 starting 9/2019
    BFP 7/13/2020!
    Due 3/18/2021

TTC #1 since 2/2015
    Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility 9/2015
    IUIs #1-#5: 9/2015-2/2016 all BFNs
    Moving to IVF with ICSI and PGS 5/2016-6/2016  Just kidding, BFP 4/4/2016!
    Spencer Elliott born 12/7/2016

• ZoeFerZoeFer member
    @Drove2uI can`t imagine spending today without AC! I hope you are doing well.
    @Tulips29 I am feeling okay yesterday and today. I hope that dizziness was just a phase and it passed.
    @erica0901 Happy to hear that your AS went well. It is amazing to see the little one for that long and in such detail images. Did they tell you if you have anterior or posterior placenta ? If you have anterior placenta, it takes much longer to feel I think. But in any case, I am sure you will feel your LO pretty soon !
  • @ZoeFer I do have a posterior placenta so either it's happening and I just don't recognize it, or it's gonna start any day now!
    Me 32 DH 34
    Married 9/2012 

TTC #2 starting 9/2019
    BFP 7/13/2020!
    Due 3/18/2021

TTC #1 since 2/2015
    Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility 9/2015
    IUIs #1-#5: 9/2015-2/2016 all BFNs
    Moving to IVF with ICSI and PGS 5/2016-6/2016  Just kidding, BFP 4/4/2016!
    Spencer Elliott born 12/7/2016

• Welcome @tulips29 to the 2nd trimester! No idea what a panorama scan is though...
    Do let us know if you end up having one :)

Here is see you lovely ladies complaining about a heat wave..and I'm up here thinkng...did Norway forget to subscribe for summer this year and did we go straight to autumn?!? 
    Hope all A/C are working again, and that the dizziness of the heat wave have passed by!

• Hi ladies ! I'm 23 weeks and doing pretty well ! Woke up with a headache this AM though - hope it doesn't turn into a migraine and that I can get through my work day with some wild toddlers ! 

Ive been doing great energy wise and have been exercising usually 1-2 hours a day . Usually one hour of yoga and then walking or swimming . It feels great to be active again !!

No appointments this week . I have my 24 week appointment with a midwife next week to discuss prep for my gestational diabetes test and to discuss birthing classes and breastfeeding classes and all that fun prep stuff !  

@ultratomato I didn't do a gender reveal . We found out early and just told our parents on Mother's Day in a card and over the phone . 

@tulips29 I did the panorama test . I had mine at 10 weeks . It tests your risk for chromosomal abnormalities including but not limited to Down Syndrome , Turner Syndrome , and Edward Syndrome . Those are just the ones I remember . I came back low risk for all they tested for and it was nice reassurance . As an added bonus I found out the sex of my baby early . My insurance covered the entire cost of the test . Otherwise I probably would have passed on it ! 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • @mskeenan interesting, but confusing at the same time. I did the NT scan last week and they told me they are checking for Down Syndrome and possibly the others you mentioned, but I don't recall. They told me they can't tell the baby's sex though because it's not part of the standard procedure and not covered by insurance. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• mskeenanmskeenan member
    edited July 2016
    @tulips29 yah I want to say if you do the NT scan it's not really necessary to do the panorama screen . I think they check the same things ? I asked my midwife about doing the NT scan after having my panorama test and she implied that I shouldn't do it bc I had already done panorama . The panorama test is crazy expensive out of pocket ! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• ZoeFerZoeFer member
    @tulips29 Panaroma screening (one brand for NIPT test) is a blood test and it is apparently a bit more accurate to detect chromosomal abnormalities compared to NT test but these tests check for only 3 defects I think. My insurance did not tell me exactly if they cover the test or not because I am younger than 35 so we opted out and did the NT screening. If they see an abnormality during the NT scan, I think the insurance covers the NIPT screening to get an accurate result.
  • @mskeenan @ZoeFer ah, makes sense now. Thanks, ladies! :smile:

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @mskeenan @tulips29 I had the QNatal test done which is basically the same thing. I believe it's like $700 and insurance covered most of it. I had to pay $193 because of a $200 deductible I had. And I found out the sex too through that test. 
  • Last night was a long work night I worked from 9am to midnight ugh I'm exhausted today. Friday I go for my 16week check up with OB and high risk dr. There both doing bloodwork 
  • Hey group! Just checking in to say hello, another boring week for me. Next week I have an OB appt & fetal echo scheduled with MFM. 

Side note: I'm officially at the point that when I drop something on the floor, I curse every time before picking it up. I can barely breathe for those 3 seconds. I didn't realize how often I drop things until 5 months pregnant :neutral:
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • I'm with you @capps42613 I just leave stuff when it falls and tell DH to get it . Poor guy has a lot of cleaning up to do after me :) 

**BFP and loss warning**

• How are you doing @wenikilina? Have been thinking a lot about you and your babies!

• Does anyone else's mothers start planning things for your child even though they are not born yet. My mom is already picking out Halloween costumes and she is insistent on this gender reveal party and if I find out Friday she wants it Saturday. And she is telling me that everyone in the family has there own predictions and is going to wear the colors they believe the twins are. I hope we do find out Friday and I'm glad she is super excited. DH joked with my mom if she has there 18th birthday gifts picked out yet. Lol she said sports cars joking as well
  • @ultratomato it's cute that she's so excited. My parents and in-laws are already planning babysitting schedules for next year! I had to tell them to chill out, this child isn't even born yet! I think it's natural for parents to be excited. In my case it's also their first grandchild. No one started buying anything yet. I told them not to right away. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Happy Wednesday everyone!  Nothing new for me this week. We just got back from a few days in Colorado. It was so nice to get out of 110 degree weather!

We didn't do a gender reveal party but we did a fun announcement with the gender to family before we announced to the world. It was kind of hard to decide b/c so many people already knew what we had been going through just to get pregnant. 

@ultratomatoTulips29  - both sides are going crazy for this baby. Every time I talk to my MIL & SIL they want to show us something else they have bought for the baby. My mom has been going crazy since she found out too. It's cute how excited they all are about it. 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes @ultratomato, my daughter has clothes until next summer. :smile:
    My mum can't wait to see me Saturday (I'll be home 3 weeks) so we can go shopping for a nursery. Although I don't really have to as my sister has saved a lot of stuff.
    Sometimes it seems like this is my parents first grandchild, which is definitely not the case. Guess they all 'struggled' a little on my journey and are just as excited as I am for finally succeeding :smile:

• tvh1982 I totally agree about our families struggling with us. While it's not necessarily the same for everyone, I know that by sharing our struggle with them, they have been so much more supportive along the way. 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ultratomato how sweet, congrats!

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Congratulations @ultratomato

• Yay @ultratomato !!! Awe that is so awesome !!!! Little buddies !!!! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Awww @ultratomato such great news. Congrats!!
  • @ultratomato congrats!

Hey ladies hope everyone is doing well!

I'm officially 14 weeks! Woohoo!!
    We are having twins, we haven't found out the sex although my OB gave us an educated guess last week. I believe we'll find out in 2 weeks at our anatomy scan. EDD is 1/25/17. Next OB appointment is 
    next week for general u/s and blood work I believe. Also I may have to change OB's because I just found out the office I currently see him in is out of network. Our next perinatologist appointment is around 16 weeks for the anatomy scan.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yay welcome to second tri @wishingforluck !!

**BFP and loss warning**

• ultratomatoultratomato member
    edited July 2016
    Welcome @WishingforLuck and thanks ladies 
  • vssbrmvssbrm member
    @ultratomato congratulations!! That is going to be so much fun!!

i pretty much fell off the internet the last few weeks. I went from a UTI, to strep throat, to a yeast infection - it's been miserable! Finally on the mend! 

Glad ad to see everyone is doing well. Our next apt is August 14 and our anatomy scan will be around the 19th.
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • @mskeenan @ultratomato Thanks ladies!

@vssbrm sorry about your UTI, strep and yeast infection, but glad you are starting to feel better!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • LynnNJLynnNJ member
    Hi. I just started week 14 today! I have a bloodtest in 2 weeks to test for spina bifida and another ultrasound when I'm 20 weeks. I may have a surprise ultra sound when I go in for the bloodtest, since I've had bleeding since week 9. Since I got pregnant through ivf and did the pgd testing, we have known for a while it was 99% a boy. That was confirmed in the last bloodtest. Only the immediate family knows, and I'll start telling other people once that info is confirmed in an ultrasound.

We just announced the pregnancy on Facebook last week. We going to our first BBQ where I can wear a maternity top because it is now out in the open that I am pregnant now. DH says the maternity shirt is much more flattering that the shirts I've been wearing lately :)

The due date is 1/28/17, but I will be having a c-section a couple weeks earlier since I had a myomectomy last year.
  • @LynnNJ welcome to the 2nd tri!
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Welcome @wishingforluck and @LynnNJ
    Ill add you girls on the next week one as I have access to a pc tomorrow (it's a little easier then on my mobile)