March 2017 Moms

What is one thing you will miss this pregnancy?

2»

Re: What is one thing you will miss this pregnancy?

• @Kiki75 That's the best news I'd heard all day! 

I typically take all the advice my nurse and Doctor give me w/o question but I had to call them out on the steak thing.  
  • Scuba diving! We're going to Hawaii for the first time this fall and Im sooo bummed I can't go scuba diving! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Alcohol 
  • I could crush a Publix turkey sub but deli meat is a no go. I already miss my high volume of caffeine intake too.
    If your worried can't you just ask then to microwave the meat first? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Can someone explain runny eggs to me? I mean, does salmonella get inside an egg as it is forming in the chicken? I was under the impression the salmonella could get in your eggs when you break the shell, so I would think the inside of the yolk would be safe? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hot tubs.

Food-wise, I'm only avoiding alcohol. I've had a lot of deli meat the past 2 weeks!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Wine. I get a quarterly delivery from my favorite northern Michigan winery....it arrived 2 days ago. Hope it will still taste good in 9 mo!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Wine! I'm already missing it and I'm leaving for Bermuda Wednesday!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @minger86 we leave for Aruba in just about two weeks. Virgin piña coladas will get me through that week at the pool. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I could crush a Publix turkey sub but deli meat is a no go. I already miss my high volume of caffeine intake too.
    If your worried can't you just ask then to microwave the meat first? 
    I guess so. It doesn't seem as appealing somehow. Oh well, totally minor sacrifice.

EDD for #1: 3/19/17
  • Saracp78Saracp78 member
    edited July 2016
    Wine!! Also salami, Brie and blue cheese. Oh and caffine...I love my coffee an the problem I is drink it dark and strong. Black decaf just isn't doing it for me

• mam09mam09 member
    This is the second time I'm pregnant in the summer and it's tough without alcohol! I miss it! I also miss Italian coldcuts and my body always seems to want them more when I'm pregnant! I'm sure I'll cave a few times and have them! I'm also sad that I won't be able to go to St. Croix with my parents and siblings(and their families) in November. 
  • Alcohol! And drinking alcohol at outdoor concerts, BBQs, the beach, vacation...Sigh.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Saracp78Saracp78 member
    edited July 2016
    @sienac this! I have a wedding in a coupl of weeks for a coworker of my husbands (he is their boss) and I have to be sober around strangers as the bosses wife while hiding my pregnancy :neutral: the worst part 2 other girls from the office will be there and they WILL notice I am not drinking.

• Wine!!! Especially after a long day of work. I'm gong to cheat a bit this time around with food, had oysters and poke already
  • Wine. Fun summer Cocktails. Beer. Anticipating missing Fall beers..  Pumpkin ones....  Beers during football season.  Hot dogs. Cold cuts . Sigh..  I'm going all out for st. Pattys day!!