June 2016 Moms
Options

Driving anxiety

Ftm and this morning I will be driving my son to a doctor's appt. I hate driving in the city in general and I feel anxious doing so; however I feel even more anxious today. It's partly because it is rush hour and I'm not too familiar with the area I have to go to (been there once), plus I'm tired from the nightly feedings.

Anyone else get nervous about driving your kiddo or am I just crazy?

Re: Driving anxiety

• Options
    I was nervous when I drove with my son for the first time alone. Normally someone is with me in case he gets fussy then they can calm him down. I had to drive 45 minutes to my dads house. I had my fingers crossed that he would just stay asleep and all would be fine. Well, he decided to wake up and start crying literally one exit before my dads so I just exited and pulled into the first parking lot I saw so I could comfort him. He went back to sleep and I drove the remaining 5 minutes to my dads. Lol.  You'll do great!  And it gets easier the more you do it. 
  • Options
    Yeah the first time I rove a longer distance alone was nerve wracking.  It was an hour drive to get his tongue and lip fixed and it was in a city, which I hate driving in.  He fussed a little but I had a mirror I could peek at and he did eventually settle.  What sucked, and I worry about during our next long drive, is on our way to and from NH he would scream and nothing I could do would fix it.  I think it was his gas.  But that was a three hour drive.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It went very well :-) Thankfully I left the house on the tail end of rush hour so traffic wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. He was a little fussy on the drive back but fell asleep after a couple of minutes.
  • Options
    It went very well :-) Thankfully I left the house on the tail end of rush hour so traffic wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. He was a little fussy on the drive back but fell asleep after a couple of minutes.

Yay! Check that off as a personal milestone!
  • Options

Yay! Check that off as a personal milestone!

Stuck in the damn box:
    I'll take it as a victory  :) 
  • Options
    I quickly got over my fear because it started storming and my husband was walking home in the thunder/lightening.  

It was so scary, but I needed to make sure DH was safe so I ran out and got him. Now nothing seems as bad as that!!

I will say that having the mirror to see her is awesome, even if it's just to find her binky and put it in her mouth! 
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20