September 2015 Moms

Pumpers - how many oz do u get a day now?

When LO hit 7 1/2 months she refused to nurse anymore (hurt my feelings pretty bad Lol - it was my favorite thing in the world!!) and my supply has taken such a hit - I'm now only pumping a total of 6 oz a day. How much are you guys getting now that we are nearing a year?? I'm giving one last ditch effort - drinking obscene amounts of water, drinking mother's milk tea, oatmeal, nursing cookies, and nursing supplement pills and most of all: pumping more frequently and for longer periods of time as well as power pump every night at the same time. How much can I realistically get back?? I never had a huge supply to begin with, got my period only 3 months post partum. LO nursed constantly around the clock so I was shocked when I got my period - ever since its return my supply has plummeted every month. My goal is to get 16+ oz per day... Is that realistic?? 

Re: Pumpers - how many oz do u get a day now?

• I would think so! I dropped to 4 pumps a day and I still get 25-30 oz a day depending on where I am in my menstrual cycle. You can totally do 16 oz a day I bet. I haven't done any cookies or any of that. But I did try the tea in the beginning. And I felt like Gatorade helped too.  I haven't really done anything but replace pump parts as needed for several months since my supply seemed to be pretty established at that time. I plan to start weaning next week and hope to be done in 2 weeks or less. I cannot flipping wait!!!!!
  • I pump 3 times a day at work and usually come home with 12 oz. Definitely doesn't cover the amount LO needs but luckily I have (had) a huuuge freezer stash to supplement. Plus LO is eating more solids lately.
  • Loading the player...
  • I only pump once before bed and get a measly 1.5-2 oz. I do nurse 2-3 times a day besides that. 

I can easily keep this up for a long period of time (18 months-2 yrs) so I'm not putting pressure on myself to increase my supply. i had a lot of supply issues early on and it took so much work and stress to get a full supply. The idea of going through that again makes me nauseous. 

Cookies, water, none of that did much of anything for me. Power pumping worked pretty well. I had a schedule of nurse then pump all throughout the day. I was basically being milked all day long. That was the only way to get my supply up. 

I think you can if you're determined enough. But if your body is as stubborn as mine, it won't be easy. Plus EPing makes it harder. It would be easier to increase supply I think if your baby was efficiently nursing. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• My LO was about 7 months as well when she decided she didn't really want to nurse anymore. She was always very efficient. She would nurse for 10 minutes one side and be content. Now she nurses maybe 5 minutes and I have her nurse both sides. She's still content so she seems to be getting enough. She's also starting to eat more solids as well. I work full time so I'm only able to nurse in the morning when she gets up and once before bed. I've definitely seen my supply drop. I'm only pumping about 6-7 ounce while I'm at work. I pump when I get up in the morning and get about 3-4 oz. I'm starting to pull from my freezer stash which isn't huge unfortunately. I'm hoping to make it to one year. Congrats on making it this far though!
  • I pump once in the morning after baby has nursed, three times at work, and once late at night. I'm usually able to get about 15-20 oz. I've noticed my supply dropping a ton in the past few months, especially when I'm menstruating. I used to just pump twice at work but now I pump 5 times to get the same amount. Baby still sucks down every drop during the day, even though he's eating a ton of solids too, so I keep it up but man does it suck. Unfortunately I got really sick for a week and ended up going through my whole freezer stash because I wasn't producing anything while I was sick. So if my supply drops any more we'll have to start supplementing with formula.

**TW**
    Me & DH: 32
    Married 2013
    Kiddo #1: Sept 2015
    BFP: 1/19, EDD: 9/30

"I'm having fruit salad for dinner. Well, it's mostly just grapes, actually. Ok all grapes. Fermented grapes. Fine, I'm having wine for dinner."
  • keggenkeggen member
    I am still able to nurse twice a day, and can get 6 to 9 oz pumped, so I am supplementing with formula at day care.  On the weekends, I exclusively nurse and can't get much additional pumped.  Hydration is really the difference maker for me.  Good luck @laurapaine2003.
  • I dropped pretty quickly from 5 ppd to 2 ppd in May and my supply has tanked since. I was making 45+ oz a day at 5ppd and now make about 8-10 oz a day but I have 2000 oz in the freezer that I'm pulling from. I'm hoping to make it to a year of providing at least 1 bottle a day of fresh milk and I think adding a BM replacement in 6 weeks will help. I don't have it in me to add pumps back in or to make any major effort beyond drinking tons of water at this point. I've been EPing for ten months and I'm so over it. 
  • @callistosmile same here. EPing sucks ass.  I think next kid I will push to take from the breast more. I liked that I always knew how much he was eating and just stopped fighting him to latch. But I hate pumping. With every ounce of my being. I going to start weaning Tuesday. So glad I pumped like a crazy person in the beginning to build a large stash. Your 2000 ounces is seriously impressive!!!