July 2016 Moms

Postpartum Health & Fitness

12346»

Re: Postpartum Health & Fitness

• jennyleigh16 that sounds like a fun class though!  At least you'll be around other moms so everyone will relate.  I'm having trouble finding "mommy and me" type classes (fitness or not) that aren't during normal business hours which makes it impossible to attend with work :-\
  • @kmurdock925 Yeah I get that. A lot of classes are on the other side of the city and start at 10am and that's just not doable for us, even on mat leave still. this one is 415-515 so it's perfect.
  • Loading the player...
  • Does anyone know how to get rid of FUPA besides situps?  :'(
    jodi
    whitehall, pa
    every adventure requires a first step- C.C.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @jodi1980 I've read to never do sit-ups PP for FUPA. It will just cause the muscles to get bigger thereby increasing the buldge. planks will help suck everything back into place and also tone those muscles. 
  • Am I the only one who is not trying to get back in shape , I dont even have time to go to the bathroom for 5 minutes with out someone yelling their lungs out ...
  • @FTM53 I haven't started so thanks for the heads up! planks it is! 
    jodi
    whitehall, pa

• @JYesi0812- I'm sure there are tons of people not working out. This thread started out for motivation, ideas and accountability for working out. So most people on this thread are wanting to workout. 

I understand not having any free time. DD1 is 2 1/2 and DD2 is 4 months. Last Saturday was the first time I went to yoga in 5 months. However, it was wonderful (emotionally and physically) for me to be away for 2 hours! On Wednesday I took my kids to a blow up bouncy house/slide place. DD2 slept the whole time in the stroller so I played hard with DD1. We climbed, slid down slides, ran, and jumped. It was a workout! Also, everyday I bundle the kids up and we go for a walk with the dog. 

I dont know know if you want to workout, but if you do maybe these are some ways you can fit it in? Moving helps me feel better. 
  • Maybe we can do a check-in?  How is everyone doing working out? What is everyone doing and how are you able to fit it in? How are you going to workout this weekend? 

This weekend I'm going to do a 20 minute jog/walk and DH and I are starting a plank challenge. 
  • Jodi1980Jodi1980 member
    edited November 2016
    I haven't started exercising myself! I like the idea of a check-in  personally. I think it would motivate me more having you lovely ladies to accompany with. I did start calorie counting and must say how much more conscious it makes you when you pay attention whats going in your mouth :lol:  I'm happy to say it's been 2 weeks and I'm down about 7 lbs! I feel good but I know exercise will confirm the weight to stay off!  

Edit: hold up....grammar time!
    jodi
    whitehall, pa

• I am back at work now. I have been working out during my lunch breaks. There is a group that does workout videos, or I play volleyball, or I run. It's really nice being able to fit it in without having to wake up earlier or lose time with LO when I get home in the evening.
  • I signed up and probably have logged on like three times  :/ I am so bad. On the other hand I have been walking 3 miles a day, 6 days a week since halloween  :) I just need to make the food thing happen now. 
  • @arhodes6 That's amazing! Good job!!!!!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • I've been doing a lot to get my body back to prebaby weight, but I pretty much stopped seeing results after I stopped nursing. I am getting stronger, but not losing fat. I do crossfit 3 times a week (well more like crossfit light because I mod everything and can lift the super heavy weights) and I got beach body on demand and worked through core de force and 21 day fix, but no weight loss! I have 10 lbs to go before I'm back at prepregnancy weight and I'm kind of giving up hope. It's frustrating, but I have learned body love because of what this body has done and is capible of doing even though I'm 10 lbs heavier than I want to be
  • I have had the same issue! I actually got down to my prepregnancy weight, but after Elise stopped nursing I gained 10 pounds back. We eat really well, so there's not much that I can do in that area.  I am now working out 4 times a week so I can get stronger. Right now I am running and doing videos. I'm trying not to weigh myself! 
  • Glad this got bumped up.  I've been stress eating and need to stop!!!!!  I'm about 15 pounds below prepregnancy weight (I started off overweight) so my mind is like, well I'm better than I was so it's okay.   NO ITS NOT!  I'm working out about 3 times per week but would like to get to 5-6.  Need to stop drinking soda too....
  • I'm about 16 pounds over my pregnancy weight.  All of which I gained the first four months after baby J was born. I've been going to stroller strides with is like cardio and circuit training 4x a week for the past 2.5 months. I lost about 5 pounds, but I feel like I should be losing more. We did do body measurement comparisons and I had lost 4 inches in my waist. I feel stronger and modify a lot less so I know it's working, but I just wish the fat would go away.  
  • How do you like stroller strides?@babycakesday  Somebody just recommended it to me
  • I LOVE IT! Seriously, absolutely love it. Our village is super close. We do monthly mother night out and a book club. Plus the kid playdates have really helped baby J become more confident and mobile. The exercising is different every day and super flexible depending on your level. It's whole body so I get cardio, abs, arms and legs.  The first couple of weeks I was sore but now I'm a beast! I could go on and on. Give it a try. It's worth it. 
  • Props to all you ladies, getting out there and making fitness a priority!! Now that I am done pumping at work, I need to get my a** to the gym, I miss running so much, especially now that its nice out.
  • I've been trying to find a happy medium. I don't want to go to extreme measures where I'm miserable with a diet and exercise. I'm having "fun" building up endurance on the treadmill and modifying eating habits a little. Plus my boss is a fitness fanatic and has challenged the office to match his total miles from now through the end of the year (he bikes at least 30 miles a day in the summer) so that has helped keep me motivated.
  • Thanks for bumping this @HoneyBear40! You actually help me keep up my workouts with your snaps, so thank you <3 I do HIIT 2 or 3x a week. I totally wasn't feeling it today, but did it anyway and I feel SO much better. I've been doing it for a few weeks though and I'm not seeing results quite yet, but I have been able to get more reps in, so it must be working! The biggest body issue I'm having right now I don't think can be fixed with working out though.. all this extra belly skin and stretch marks is probably here to stay.
  • FTM53FTM53 member
    I've also started back in the gym. I'm up about 12lbs since prebaby and I'd like to lose an additional 15lbs. Right now just getting back into action. I'm still nursing, but I've had zero weight loss since about 3-4 months post baby. I have noticed my body changing back to its normal shape a bit though. Hoping that will bring some additional pounds gone
  • @schaze I'm glad my craziness is helping you stay motivated! It's definitely my intention is to keep myself accountable with the snaps & hope to motivate others to be crazy with me :) Not sure today's workout will be very pretty after taking the weekend off for family time.
    I'm with you on the stretch marks...I'm afraid to spend money on any creams and be disappointed when they don't work. Besides, I feel like I didn't have stretch marks during pregnancy until I started using moisturizers.