February 2017 Moms

Maternity clothes

It's inevitable, the time is quickly approaching where some of us (me for sure) are going to have to make the switch! I donated most of my maternity clothes because we were "done". I really don't wanna spend a ton on new clothes knowing that this is for sure our last one!  Any great ideas on where to purchase reasonable new or gently used maternity items? I love online shopping!

Re: Maternity clothes

• H&M had cute ones. I'm not a fan of their regular clothes, but the maternity ones are cute and not cheesey. 
  • Try out goodwill and craigslist! I have found some amazing deals on really cute things. Also second hand stores if you have any near you.
  • Loading the player...
  • There is a "thrift store" type of website called ThreadUp. They have a good selection of maternity clothes. Even though it's online they have a pretty decent return policy. I have already been scoping out some jeans.  :)
  • There is a "thrift store" type of website called ThreadUp. They have a good selection of maternity clothes. Even though it's online they have a pretty decent return policy. I have already been scoping out some jeans.  :)
    Yes!!! That's the one I was thinking of! Thank you!
  • We're headed out for a long weekend out of town - so on my shopping list is a few basic pieces. I got rid of what I had (passed the good stuff on to a cousin, some of which was just in bad shape!)

i go go oober minimal on clothes - that's why the tahirts were in terrible shape!

work pants and a few tops
    winter long sleeve tshirts for home (might have to wait for a bit)
    maternity or bigger leggings (may have to get now- my LLR leggings are not comfortable
  • @LaurenAshley04 - Your LLR are already getting small?  I just bought a pair, and I was hoping they would get me through a good deal of my pregnancy!  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • I have some this from my daughter. She is 3 but I bought some basic, classic things. I plan on using Varagesale for whatever I can. I am hoping not to have to shop for them until the fall. I am hoping my stretchy Capris will get me though the summer. I am 10 weeks so I know near the end of summer it might be a stretch, it just depends if this is like the previous pregnancies. (I don't tend to show early)

• I hit up Kohl's clearance maternity and got a few cute winter shirts/sweaters for like $5 each, got two shirts that can double as work shirts for $8 each at Target clearance, and two pairs of maternity jeans from Ross.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got some tank tops at Old Navy the last time around. I also bought some larger size button up shirts and wore them belted over bermuda length biking short/legging things I bought at Target.
  • steveystevey member
    Check goodwill I got 5 jeans for 20 they are in good condition too! Never hurts to look!
  • I got 3 shirts from swap online consignment for $19.00. Everything comes wrapped nicely and there are free returns. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Samuel Jacob 
    Due 2/16/17

• Maxi dresses work great and they don't have to be "maternity" .. And not a waste of money cause you can still wear them next summer... Throw a cardigan or jean jacket over for cooler weather. 
  • Lots of cute maternity stuff at Asos.com in the clearance/outlet section. I just stocked up on leggings and bought a winter maternity coat for $30.
  • Facebook buy/sell/trade groups is where I found good ones for my last pregnancy.

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
  • I love ASOS
  • I love the look of their stuff, but haven't ordered! I live in Canada and am having such a hard time finding stuff (especially because I am XS). Any specific styles from ASOS you recommend?
  • I'm plus size. Any favorite places for plus-size maternity clothes? I'd prefer inexpensive ones since a maternity bras that's plus size is going to cost an arm & a leg.
  • I hate spending a lot on maternity clothes.  I usually buy maternity from Kohl's, Old Navy, Target, Gap for basics.

• Shawlls said:
    I love the look of their stuff, but haven't ordered! I live in Canada and am having such a hard time finding stuff (especially because I am XS). Any specific styles from ASOS you recommend?
    It was hot basically my entire first pregnancy, so I mostly wore dresses but they have 40% off sales constantly and aren't that much to begin with.  if you are a tiny person with no butt, I've heard the Zara jeans are great..
  • Ok I'm going to sound like a sheltered dumb person here but I keep hearing about LLR leggings though when I tried to go to their website I just see a screen asking for a password... How do you get these leggings? 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Shawlls said:
    I love the look of their stuff, but haven't ordered! I live in Canada and am having such a hard time finding stuff (especially because I am XS). Any specific styles from ASOS you recommend?
    If you're an XS, I bet asos would work well for you (though I can't say for sure about maternity, but I've bought a lot there that runs small-- I'm generally a XS or S.) I wish I could offer some concrete advice as far as maternity, but they have their own branded stuff, and lots of other brands, too, so it's going to be all over the place. The maternity stuff I've gotten in a small seem to be smallish, but they don't offer XS in all styles. Shipping and returns are free, even in the US, and they make it super easy. I usually return about half of what I order and get pretty quick refunds, so I never feel like I'm taking a risk ordering online. They've got some awesomely cute, young, and un-frumpy maternity stuff. If you pay $18 a year, you can get unlimited free 2-day shipping, which is pretty badass.  
  • @marriedhamstermom you can't buy LLR off the website.  Their consultants get inventory, and then host house parties or online parties to sell their inventory.  

I've seen some of LLR stuff on 2nd hand sites like ThreadUp, but warning a lot of those are priced more than retail.  The whole setup of individual stylists only selling their inventory (opposed to an individual being able to search the whole collection on a website) and limited versions of everything (each print is only made 1,000 times) leads to a rather robust resale market.  

You can probably find some sellers locally - I think there is a spot on the website where you can find some near you.  Or a lot of facebook pages.  I know it's rather random though to join a random person's group.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • ShawllsShawlls member
    edited July 2016
    Thanks! I'll check them out!
  • @Shawlls if you're an xs, I agree with @tentacular Asos will be great for you. I have some skinny maternity jeans from them that I actually kind of love. I'm generally an xs too and while there sizing isn't consistent from brand to brand, I don't always have to go with the smallest size for them which is nice. Returns are super easy (at least from the US) so I generally just order a couple sizes. 
  • @Tennis11785 just my leggings! I'm a generous size 16-18 atm. My belly however puffed right out before I even realized I was KU. So they fit but feel very very tight in places especially near my stomach.  It's my weird pregnancy quirk I can't have anything feel super tight /pressing on my uterus. Last time I went straight to over the belly band stuff as the low waisted ones just felt awful!

• I'm plus size. Any favorite places for plus-size maternity clothes? I'd prefer inexpensive ones since a maternity bras that's plus size is going to cost an arm & a leg.
    @purplewriter I am also plus size and because it is nearly impossible to find maternity clothes in stores in my size that I like, I order clothes online from stores I have locally that I can return to. 

Many favorites are:
    Old Navy (for jeans, shorts, and other casual clothes)

Motherhood Maternity (I just got some great work pants there. I like fitted pants and they have a great style. I will probably also order some sweaters come the fall)

Pinkblush (I don't have a store nearby, but I just bought some pajama pants there and they are the most amazing thing ever. Pretty sure I will be a RCS and these pants are super easy on the incision site so I will probably buy 2 more pair)

I was also able to just go up a size in a lot of tops vs buying specifically maternity til my belly got really big. 
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • have you checked out La Leche League's maternity bras?!? I saw a ton on Zulily today on sale for like $10-$16 and they go up to an H cup!
    @purplewriter
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks for the suggestions @angeltennis3 and @lferretti89 I'll definitely check those out. I was worried Old Navy would be too small and Motherhood Maternity would be super expensive, but I should just check them out online.
  • @angeltennis3 have you ordered anything other than pjs from pink blush? Or anyone have experience with their clothes? Are they decent quality, or wear out quickly? Generally comfortable/would recommend?
  • @Patience7150 I only have the pajama pants but they are of good quality 
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I will probably stalk Thred up and Target.  I"m thinking I might splurge on something for maternity pictures/baby shower from pink blush because they have some really cute dresses.

Thred UP has a referral program where both parties get a $10 credit.  My link is https://www.thredup.com/r/OLAGQN if anyone is interested.

• I actually love the clothes from Zulily, it just takes forever to get them. I also like getting clothes from Target and Motherhood. Gap and Pea in the Pod are great, but there's no way in hell I'm paying $100+ for clothes I'm only going to wear for a few months.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • aecmaecm member
    Glad to realize I'm not the only one starting to think about maternity clothes! I'm going to be out of town for weeks 14-16 (and in-the-middle-of-nowhere in Canada) so I'm going to start stocking up soon.

Anyone have recommendations for maternity pant brands with generously-sized thighs? I have a hard time finding pants when I'm not pregnant, and unfortunately my stretchy capri pants are starting to feel a bit tight. Not quite sure what to switch to before it's cool enough to start wearing leggings!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Add me to the list of people who need maternity pants with a generous thigh! I bought a medium and it's too small in the thighs and a large but it's too baggy in the crotch :(

TTC #1 since 09/2015

BFP 05/28/2016!

• @Tennis11785 just my leggings! I'm a generous size 16-18 atm. My belly however puffed right out before I even realized I was KU. So they fit but feel very very tight in places especially near my stomach.  It's my weird pregnancy quirk I can't have anything feel super tight /pressing on my uterus. Last time I went straight to over the belly band stuff as the low waisted ones just felt awful!

Hmm, are you in OS or TC leggings?  I am going to a party at the end of July and the consultant said that her pregnant mama's loved the TC for how they fit in the belly.   I am a 16-18 normally so that is the size I would get anyway. 
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • FromAstaraelFromAstarael member
    edited July 2016
    Zulilly always has cute maternity stuff! and lots of baby stuff too...

• Kohl's has pretty good deals on maternity clothes online. I ordered a bunch for pretty cheap. I too got rid of all my maternity clothes thinking I was done. Guess that wasn't such a good idea after all.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I got a great maternity bra from Amazon. I also saw really cute maternity clothes at Walmart online. Pretty cheap too
  • What are the rules on buying maternity bras? I'm afraid to buy one because I don't know how much more my boobs are going to grow ....

TTC #1 since 09/2015

BFP 05/28/2016!