March 2017 Moms

Weekend Randoms (07/02-07/03)

Happy 4th of July weekend, everyone! Who has what going on?

I'm heading to BBQs today and tomorrow where I fully intend to eat ALL THE FOOD! Then my hometown is having a parade on Monday, so I'll ride on the float sponsored by my work union with DS and then hang out at my mom's.

Also, I can't wait to watch the Boston Pops!

Re: Weekend Randoms (07/02-07/03)

• Nothing special over here.  I own a condo from before I met DH that I really need to get on the market.  We've been slowly chipping away at some minor improvements, and finally the market is heading up.  We're hoping to do a lot this weekend and get it on the market soon!!
    Married: 7/9/15
    Me: 37, DH: 36
    Started TTC #1: 9/2015
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
    BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
    BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • A long ways back we planned to spend the weekend at our friends cabin where we are having a 'beer olympics'.  I had to spill the beans on why i can't drink, but will still participate in games using la Croix!  I'm in my early 30s and all of my close friends are kid-free.  I'm a little nervous about how this will change our dynamic.  I guess we'll see.  o:)
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• Loading the player...
  • DH and I have a party to go to tomorrow night, we settled our argument over my not drinking... he bought some aluminum Bud Light  Platinum bottles w screw caps... I'll just wash them out and fill w water... just have to hope no one takes my water BL Platinums! We are going to leave the party early however, as my neighbor puts on a $10K fireworks show that makes all the city fireworks around here look like weak sh*t! 

***July Siggy Challenge***
    Favorite Summer Time Treat: "Anything Poolside!"

IAmPregnant Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @wirtlehm That's a great idea... Since my BFF drinks only Bud Light, I might ask her if she could do that for me to hide my sobriety from others. DH has said that he's not going to drink either in support of me - which is cute, because he rarely drank anyway. I was always the drinker!
  • @dubcompanion  OMFG. I MISSED it on TTCAL !!!!!!!!!  OMGEE! !!!!!!!!!!!! 
  • Now I'm sad. If I have to leave we won't have the same bmb.  :'( that's hormones, right? @dubcompanion
  • Spartanrd4Spartanrd4 member
    edited July 2016
    I'm going to a party tomorrow going to drink ginger beer and say there's vodka in it when there isn't any. Lets see if I can pull it off lol. I can't say I'm not drinking...everyone will totally think something is up.
  • dubcompaniondubcompanion member
    edited July 2016
    @iceandsnowflakes29 DON'T SAY THAT! POSITIVE THOUGHTS ONLY, CHICA. I will send all of my pregnancy hormones of good karma to you! (Because pregnant women are magical, after all.)
  • We are in NY spending the long weekend with DHs family.  We live in CA, so we don't get to see them nearly as often as I'd like.

Relaxing today, headed upstate tomorrow, bbq on Monday 
  • JDMRSJDMRS member
    Well now that I am done crying because Wegmans had my favorite polar seltzer flavors (they never do) I think I'm going to lay low at home for the rest of the day.
  • We are celebrating my H's bday. We are headed to Disneyland. I'm hoping to avoid the heat and eat a Dole Whip!
    Married DH 12/31/13
    BFP#1  1/21/14 ended in loss DNC 3/5/14
    BFP#2  7/2014 Baby Girl born 4/15/15
    BFP#3  2/10/2016 natural mc 2/27/2016
    BFP#4 6/25/2016 Due 3/2/2017
  • Unfortunately, I'm working. Grr. I worked Thursday and Friday, am off today, and then work Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.:neutral: I'm exhausted thinking about it. 

DH and DSD will be celebrating with his family at a cookout on Monday with tons of fireworks to follow. I may show up after work but I also might go home and sleep. Not gonna lie, sleep sounds better. Lol

I have RAGING hormones the past few days. I'm either really high and happy or I'm about to be on an episode of Snapped. Sheesh. 
  • The 4th of July is my favorite holiday! We grill, swim, and shoot off fireworks for 3 days straight. I love it! 

Me 26, Hubs 32
    Married 7.14.12
    DS 10.29.13
    BFP 06.20.16
    *It's a boy!*
    EDD 03.03.17
                                                          BabyFruit Ticker
  • SSChapman said:
    We spent the whole day at a beach on Lake Michigan today.  My poor husband is hurting!  I shaved his back last night for the occasion (Oh, the things you do for love) and that may have been a bad idea.  Oops!  Next up is and hour drive to the in-laws tomorrow, a whole day at the park with the family on Monday, and then back to the beach with my Mom and the kids on Tuesday.  And now I need a nap just from reading that.
    Hahaha my husband totally makes me shave his back for beach trips too. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • SSChapman said:
    We spent the whole day at a beach on Lake Michigan today.  My poor husband is hurting!  I shaved his back last night for the occasion (Oh, the things you do for love) and that may have been a bad idea.  Oops!  Next up is and hour drive to the in-laws tomorrow, a whole day at the park with the family on Monday, and then back to the beach with my Mom and the kids on Tuesday.  And now I need a nap just from reading that.
    Hahaha my husband totally makes me shave his back for beach trips too. 
    *raises hand*. My husband is one hairy dude.
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal

BabyFruit Ticker
  • khbearkhbear member
    Re: hiding no alcohol. I avoided wine at dinner the other night because I had to drive home. But I'm going to a wedding with friends at the 6 week mark and I have no idea how to get around that one. If there's a bartender/open bar, I may ask for seltzer with cranberry or something and hope for the best. If it's not an open bar and it's just specific drinks, not sure how I'll swing it! Any suggestions?
  • dubcompaniondubcompanion member
    edited July 2016
    @khbear Ask for water with ice and a lime wedge. Nurse it like a gin and tonic. That's the best I can think of if it's a wine/beer bar only.

ETA: Wow, can pregnancy brain occur as early as like 11 DPO? Obvs they won't have gin if there's only wine and beer... :lol:
  • khbearkhbear member
    @dubcompanion - That's an idea! I also wonder if I could talk the bar tender into dumping a cheap beer, rinsing and filling it with water for me? I don't know if that's something a bartender would do but I suppose it can't hurt to ask.
  • @khbear If you're willing to pay for the wasted beer, I'm sure they wouldn't mind. :smile:
  • khbearkhbear member
    @dubcompanion Thanks for the help! I feel like I've got a few options now. Maybe everyone else will be drunk and won't notice I'm not getting buzzed. ;) I'm a social drinker big time, but I actually don't drink much at weddings because I enjoy seeing all the people you don't get to see often so much. So maybe that will help me out this time, too!
  • @khbear I've learned that unless you're in a small group and the activity is alc-centered (e.g. beer pong), most people don't notice who's drinking or not - especially if you're up walking around and socializing. You can easily just say you put your drink down somewhere in that instance. If you are sitting, having a glass of anything - even just water - is enough to not be noticed. Sometimes it's a good thing people are self-absorbed! :smiley:
    I once was on medication that prevented me for drinking for almost a year. I was a bridesmaid, on display and everything during the sit-down dinner, and no one batted an eyelash. 
  • mel741mel741 member
    edited July 2016
    @jessdarconte where about in NY are you visiting? I live near Rochester. 
  • Block party at my moms house! I still have an appetite and no morning sickness so I plan on chowing down. 
  • @mel741 - in merrick on Long Island & it looks like we're spending tomorrow in cold spring
  • mel741mel741 member
    @jessdarconte that's a good 5-6 hours away from Rochester. It's so true then you say your from ny that everyone assumes nyc. Have fun on Long Island! 
  • JDMRSJDMRS member
    @mel741 so true! I am from Upstate NY and everyone assumes NYC!!! I also get "you have  a NY accent..." I assure you, I don't have a NYC accent."
  • @mel741 - in merrick on Long Island & it looks like we're spending tomorrow in cold spring
    I love cold spring! Such a gorgeous area. Enjoy!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Just popping in to say I'm an upstate/central NY gal too.  :# Probably a solid 5 hour drive from the city. @mel741 @JDMRS

Pregnancy Ticker

• So DH wakes me up this morning and says, "hey, if I get the bucket ready, can you bleach the kitchen floors? Zoe (dog) peed on it and now it's all in the grout lines..." I said yes (tbh, the floor needed mopped anyway!)... He picked up all the shit off the floors and swept for me... and then he brings me a bucket of what I am swearing was just bleach! God love him for trying  but now my kitchen smells like a public pool! At least I know it's clean!

***July Siggy Challenge***
    Favorite Summer Time Treat: "Anything Poolside!"

IAmPregnant Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Husband's comment to me today: "pregnant ladies shouldn't be able to watch Food Network."  This after I've watched it for 10 minutes and now I want pizza.....a special pizza in Minnesota.  I live in Oregon.

BabyFruit Ticker