Pregnant after a Loss

Exercise and cramping

Ugh.  PGAL brain has got me again.  Last night I went to Zumba class. I tried to keep it on the lower intensity side.  Afterward I had cramping so I laid down for about an hour.  Eventually it went away.  No spotting.  My problem is that right before I started spotting with my last miscarriage, DH and I had gone out and played some light tennis.  I know that's not what caused my miscarriage, but it's hard not to connect the two.  I'm assuming cramping after exercise is normal.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I definitely don't want to stop exercising, I'm normally extremely active, but now it makes me nervous.......
Married: 7/9/15
Me: 37, DH: 36
Started TTC #1: 9/2015
Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Exercise and cramping

• I absolutely had a ton of cramping from early on until about 16-18 weeks this pregnancy. I did high intensity interval workouts modified in the 1st and 2nd tri because that is the workout I have always done. They are pretty core intensive even though I didn't do a lot of the tradition ab work, I usually felt cramping after the workout and even the next day. I would have days where I would cramp all day, all the way into the 2nd tri, for me it was just my uterus stretching and usually corresponded to growth spurts. There was one night around 5 weeks after I ate a meal with a lot of legumes I had such bad cramping and gas I was sure I was having a miscarriage, but it was just the beans I guess. I always had to remind myself that baby was well protected in there and at the size of a seed for the first few weeks.
  • I had cramping at the beginning of this pregnancy. And when I had a CP I told my sister I was worried that going to the gym while it was trying to implant caused the CP. She said that wouldn't happen.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Loading the player...
  • bdesterhousebdesterhouse member
    edited July 2016
    My doc told me as long as my heart rate doesn't go over 150 everything should be good. I would drink more water after your workouts to make sure you're hydrated well. (Edit: wrong your, you're, you are)

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker