June 2016 Moms
Options

Moms who go Bump in the night/Randoms

Re: Moms who go Bump in the night/Randoms

• Options
    ^^ oh and I love my pixel.  The hardest part of the transition from iPhone to Android is dealing with the iMessage stuff.  Since iMessage uses the Apple ID and not the cell number it does not carry over very well, so if an iPhone owner messaged you to give you their contact info you may not have their true cell number.   
  • Options
    egirl1025 said:
    ^^ oh and I love my pixel.  The hardest part of the transition from iPhone to Android is dealing with the iMessage stuff.  Since iMessage uses the Apple ID and not the cell number it does not carry over very well, so if an iPhone owner messaged you to give you their contact info you may not have their true cell number.   
    Wow! That sounds annoying.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I survived a week with the three kids at my parents house. We are back home! It was hard because the girls didn't sleep well, so I'm exhausted! But it was nice too, getting to spend time with my mom.

Now dh's family is coming to say with us for almost a week, and its bund to be a mess! (Usually is). Our basement is torn up getting the sump pump fixed, and there is nowhere for the six people to sleep. But as usual, they did not ask, just announced that they were coming. I'm going to soak up my last few hours of peace tonight. 
    That sounds terrible! I'm not into guests, at all. Growing up we never had anyone stay at our house and now my when my hubby says "so and so want to visit us." I'm always "tell them they have to get a hotel..."
  • Options
    And MIL brought her sister with her from NY. Who does that without telling people?!?! I hope she doesn't mind sleeping on the sofa or floor. And dh is off to work this morning. They're sitting around waiting for me to cook breakfast, and I'm stalling while changing the baby.  Seriously can't  wait till Friday when dh will be around to buffer. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    edited June 2017
    And MIL brought her sister with her from NY. Who does that without telling people?!?! I hope she doesn't mind sleeping on the sofa or floor. And dh is off to work this morning. They're sitting around waiting for me to cook breakfast, and I'm stalling while changing the baby.  Seriously can't  wait till Friday when dh will be around to buffer. 
    Wow! What a bunch of entitled assholes? They know you're not a bed and breakfast, right? That would drive me out of my mind.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    All of those people and not one person has the thought to help out? UGH! It's not like you have 3 children to tend to or anything *cue eyeroll* The nerve of some people.
  • Options
    Tawny87 said:

He overturned it just so he could sit. Lol!
     I wish that's all they would do. Lol Anyone esle dealing with a Daredevil problem?  
  • Options
    Tawny87 said:

I wish that's all they would do. Lol Anyone esle dealing with a Daredevil problem?  
    Does amateur parkour count? Because Damien is all about that haha.
  • Options
    Tawny87 said:

Does amateur parkour count? Because Damien is all about that haha.
    If I'm touching Miles in any way, I swear the kid thinks he's invincible. He has a little more caution if he's walking or playing on his own, but if Mom's holding even one hand? Jump off the steps, walk off the counter, run faster than humanly possible. If I'm holding him up, reach for things as far as possible away and tip completely sideways/upside-down
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Options
    Darn it. Going back to Dallas, here we go with another 8 hour drive.
  • Options
    In your opinions, is there a difference between yelling and using your "Mom voice"?
  • Options
    In your opinions, is there a difference between yelling and using your "Mom voice"?

I think yelling is like sudden and loud.  Mom voice can be slow and calm.  All I have to say is "Prestoooon". What he hears is "Preston, you and I both know you are doing something I don't like and I know you're gonna look at me an be cute but guess what, it's not gonna work cause I'm serious now.  Get ready cause here I come" 
  • Options
    We got a minivan! The transition is complete, I am a suburban mom haha.

Now here's a mystery... It's a 2014, coming off a lease, with only 16,000 miles on it and looks brand spanking new. Why would someone lease a minivan and barely use it?  It looks like they didn't have kids!
  • Options
    Lizbeth86 said:

Now here's a mystery... It's a 2014, coming off a lease, with only 16,000 miles on it and looks brand spanking new. Why would someone lease a minivan and barely use it?  It looks like they didn't have kids!
    I know old people like vans. Maybe it was an old person?
  • Options
    Tawny87 said:
    Lizbeth86 said:

I second the old people idea, it's not entirely unheard of for grandparents to buy minivans to accommodate having grandkids. When I played sports in college, we'd borrow a minivan to help transport members of the team to games and such, so maybe someone that does a lot with sports? 
  • Options
    I remember my parents kept their minivan for awhile because they were much easier for my grandmas to get into than an SUV
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    We're going to comic con this year with another couple and we're both bringing our LOs (their daughter is 2). While brainstorming costume ideas with the mom, she confessed that she's never seen Star Wars. I get it, it's not for everyone, but it still blows my mind that there are people out there who haven't seen at least 1 Star Wars movie. Her husband jokes that he nearly left her when he found that out. 
  • Options
    We're going to comic con this year with another couple and we're both bringing our LOs (their daughter is 2). While brainstorming costume ideas with the mom, she confessed that she's never seen Star Wars. I get it, it's not for everyone, but it still blows my mind that there are people out there who haven't seen at least 1 Star Wars movie. Her husband jokes that he nearly left her when he found that out. 
    We really wanted to go to comic con this year. Denver's is actually this weekend. I forgot to budget for it this year so we will have to try to go next year. I can't wait to go one day! I also second the "how has someone not seen Star Wars???" Cameron is wearing his storm trooper shirt today. Lol!
  • Options
    Tawny87 said:
    We really wanted to go to comic con this year. Denver's is actually this weekend. I forgot to budget for it this year so we will have to try to go next year. I can't wait to go one day! I also second the "how has someone not seen Star Wars???" Cameron is wearing his storm trooper shirt today. Lol!
    Damien's in his "Star Wars" shirt today too! Montreal's comic con is next weekend so we are kinda down to the wire when it comes to costumes. I initially suggested Han and Leia but since she hasn't seen the movies, felt like it wasn't the best choice. Probably do a superhero duo or maybe a Harry Potter theme. I could see Damien as Draco with his blonde hair and blue eyes...Jason Isaacs will be there, could get a cute photo op haha.
  • Options
    Tawny87 said:
    Damien's in his "Star Wars" shirt today too! Montreal's comic con is next weekend so we are kinda down to the wire when it comes to costumes. I initially suggested Han and Leia but since she hasn't seen the movies, felt like it wasn't the best choice. Probably do a superhero duo or maybe a Harry Potter theme. I could see Damien as Draco with his blonde hair and blue eyes...Jason Isaacs will be there, could get a cute photo op haha.
    Harry Potter themed little kids would be so so cute!!! I was super bummed we aren't going because the weasley twins will be at ours.
  • Options
    Wrong thread, I know but FFFC: I've never sat through a whole Star Wars movie. I've seen bits and pieces, but never a whole movie.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    meggyme said:
    Wrong thread, I know but FFFC: I've never sat through a whole Star Wars movie. I've seen bits and pieces, but never a whole movie.
    There are a bunch of "classics" that I haven't seen and it drives my husband crazy anytime he mentions one in conversation and I'm just like, "Yea...haven't seen it, no idea what you're referencing." 
  • Options
    Tawny87 said:
    Lizbeth86 said:

I second the old people idea, it's not entirely unheard of for grandparents to buy minivans to accommodate having grandkids. When I played sports in college, we'd borrow a minivan to help transport members of the team to games and such, so maybe someone that does a lot with sports? 
    Interesting, I didn't even think of grandparents! That would be my guess actually, it's the only explanation I can think of.
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    I only saw the new one with Finn that came out a few years ago because I went with my nephew.. flame away! Haha
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    I've been to that exhibit @tawny87! My nephew who was about 6 was super disappointed because the dinosaurs weren't real  :D
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    We'll we got the new house. It's 4.5 miles away, lots more space inside and out.  We close in July 14, and have renters coming into our current place on august 1st. I'm so sad about leaving our community, bug I'm trying to see this move as a positive thing. 

Now, who wants to come babysit my kids so that I can pack?  ;)
    Awesome!  Congratulations!  How exciting. Hopefully you find a babysitter. 
  • Options
    Congrats @AmberLiz99
  • Options
    We'll we got the new house. It's 4.5 miles away, lots more space inside and out.  We close in July 14, and have renters coming into our current place on august 1st. I'm so sad about leaving our community, bug I'm trying to see this move as a positive thing. 

Now, who wants to come babysit my kids so that I can pack?  ;)
    That's awesome! Congrats!!!
  • Options
    Congrats on the new house @AmberLiz99!!!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Congrats @AmberLiz99! Like the other ladies said when I moved into my new house, remember settling in takes time and try not to get overwhelmed : )
  • Options
    Tawny87 said:
    I don't want to mom today. Not even a little bit. I just want to be left alone, I don't want to listen to everyone whining and crying about absolutely everything, I don't want to make people meals, or change diapers or anything. I seriously just need a family free day!
    I hear you!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! It's going to be a big adjustment, and I'm expecting it to take me a while to love it, I'll get there though. I do feel like there is more to do in the next 30 days than I will possibly be able to do. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Tawny87 said:
    Feeling very blessed tonight. Cameron almost was bit on the face by my friends dog. We were helping them move and he got too close to her and it obviously was too stressful for her with everything else going on. He has a teeny scrape under his eye but had she actually gotten him it would have been a very serious bite! I'm definitely thanking the Lord tonight for keeping him safe!!
    So glad that he's okay and it didn't escalate!
  • Options
    Tawny87 said:
    Feeling very blessed tonight. Cameron almost was bit on the face by my friends dog. We were helping them move and he got too close to her and it obviously was too stressful for her with everything else going on. He has a teeny scrape under his eye but had she actually gotten him it would have been a very serious bite! I'm definitely thanking the Lord tonight for keeping him safe!!
    So glad that he's okay and it didn't escalate! 
    Me too! She snapped but thankfully only grazed him.