June 2016 Moms

Moms who go Bump in the night/Randoms

Re: Moms who go Bump in the night/Randoms

• George has started nursery today - I'm super sad to be moving on from spending every day with him :disappointed:
    I know everyone goes through it but didn't expect it to be this bad
  • kay12321 said:
    George has started nursery today - I'm super sad to be moving on from spending every day with him :disappointed:
    We understand and you're allowed to feel upset. Focus on making the most of the time when you're with him and handle the rest of the day as you need to for now. You'll learn soon what the best path is for you, but don't beat yourself up about finding it hard to let him go. He is your baby after all
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Loading the player...
  • We found a photographer that we like and would want to hire to do family photos sometime soon. The shortest session is $250, plus an extra $100 if we want to book it on a weekend. To get one (1) digital file to print wherever we want, it's $175 (for 5 images it's $600, 10 images is $900, etc.). At the end of the day, this will cost us nearly $600 (includes tax and if we opt for 1 digital file). Is this the norm? I've never done this sort of photo session so I don't know anything about pricing. 
    This doesn't sound outrageous for my area (NY) but it's very high. I just booked a mini session for $300 that includes 10 digital images. 
    I think what surprises me is that images (however many) aren't included with the $400. This would be a mini sessions as well since my husband wants as minimal amount of time in fromt of the camera as possible.
    Does she do her own printing? In my experience, if a photographer does their own printing then the files aren't included in the session cost, and they sometimes don't want to include the digital file even after you purchase the image. I'd see if there's a way to negotiate for some included images.
  • vintagevix2016 We just did Jack's 1 year pics and it was $100 for about 30 images and about an hour session. I know this is a great deal, we live in a very small town BUT I think the prices for the one you found are absolutely outrageous! 
  • kay12321 said:
    George has started nursery today - I'm super sad to be moving on from spending every day with him :disappointed:
    We understand and you're allowed to feel upset. Focus on making the most of the time when you're with him and handle the rest of the day as you need to for now. You'll learn soon what the best path is for you, but don't beat yourself up about finding it hard to let him go. He is your baby after all
    Thank you for being so kind, I feel very conflicted. Just been to pick him up and he's had a whale of a time apparently. He's that shattered now though he's gone to bed (17:30 here). I'm sure it will get easier as it becomes our new routine
  • Looks like Preston found his volume button... Oy ve
  • Tawny87Tawny87 member
    Looks like Preston found his volume button... Oy ve
    Just wait until he gets to preschool age, they get extra loud then lol!
  • meggymemeggyme member
    Looks like Preston found his volume button... Oy ve
    I had to start telling Jackie to use her indoor voice too. She loves to screech just to hear the sound.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Looks like Preston found his volume button... Oy ve
    That's one of Damien's favorite knobs to mess with, we just mute the tv or turn off the amp thingie until he's distracted by something else. 
  • Between LO and my 3 year old, I'm going to be deaf by the time I'm 40. I literally have ringing in my ears after they do a chorus sometimes.
  • Yesterday in the grocery store Charlotte was yelling and then another LO started replying.
  • Tawny87Tawny87 member
    Yesterday in the grocery store Charlotte was yelling and then another LO started replying.
    That's awesome!
  • Yeah, my son gets loud when he sees other kids. He is so used to daycare that he sees a child, infant or toddler, and starts yelling to get their attention. Then he smiles and giggles with them. He's VERY social. Very.
    That's definitely from his father. I'm more of an introvert.
  • Yes. Sitting in church has become more interesting as Nadia now loves to make noise. Between the loud baby and my three year old who can't sit still, we sit near the back of the room for quick exits, lol. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My sister in law who lives in Georgia offered to take our dog. I feel really guilty that I'm considering it. He's just been too much to handle with the three kids, and they aren't old enough to help much yet. I'm still torn about it, because I know the kids will be sad at first. We'll see. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My sister in law who lives in Georgia offered to take our dog. I feel really guilty that I'm considering it. He's just been too much to handle with the three kids, and they aren't old enough to help much yet. I'm still torn about it, because I know the kids will be sad at first. We'll see. 
    Don't feel guilty, yes the kids will be sad for a little but they are resilient and will move on quickly. Our dogs only have 3-5 yrs left in them and after they go I don't think we'll get anymore. I love dogs but its so much work with the kids being little. Go with your gut.
  • lm45678lm45678 member
    My sister in law who lives in Georgia offered to take our dog. I feel really guilty that I'm considering it. He's just been too much to handle with the three kids, and they aren't old enough to help much yet. I'm still torn about it, because I know the kids will be sad at first. We'll see. 
    Sorry you're dealing with that, such a tough decision!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Yes. Sitting in church has become more interesting as Nadia now loves to make noise. Between the loud baby and my three year old who can't sit still, we sit near the back of the room for quick exits, lol. 
    Lol that's why I dread going to church. There is a cry room, but he makes a lot of noise. He'll yell or just coo or babble gleefully. Even in the cry room, I think he's the loudest.
    My sister in law who lives in Georgia offered to take our dog. I feel really guilty that I'm considering it. He's just been too much to handle with the three kids, and they aren't old enough to help much yet. I'm still torn about it, because I know the kids will be sad at first. We'll see. 
    I had to rehome my cat after my son was born. It's just too much and my husband had been taking allergy medicine, intensively, to be able to tolerate her. We were both sad, but in the end, she was rehomed to my mom's house and is very happy there.

At least the dog is still in the family.  If the kids get upset maybe have her send funny pictures and tell them he went to a doggie vacation.  Then once they are more used to not having him around you can stop doing the pictures.
  • Sooooo Damien bit another baby at daycare today. They were sitting next to each other at snack time and no one knows how it happened exactly but they caught the end of it, which was her finger in his mouth and her crying. He left bite marks as well.  :#
  • Tawny87Tawny87 member
    Sooooo Damien bit another baby at daycare today. They were sitting next to each other at snack time and no one knows how it happened exactly but they caught the end of it, which was her finger in his mouth and her crying. He left bite marks as well.  :#
    How sad! This is totally normal for the age though, and something you will deal with for a few years yet. 
  • Tawny87Tawny87 member
    Tawny87 said:
    Sooooo Damien bit another baby at daycare today. They were sitting next to each other at snack time and no one knows how it happened exactly but they caught the end of it, which was her finger in his mouth and her crying. He left bite marks as well.  :#
    How sad! This is totally normal for the age though, and something you will deal with for a few years yet. 
    My husband jokingly (I think) blames me, says it's in the genes. I got kicked out of preschool for biting. 
    My one daughter bit my other daughter so bad she lost her toenail. Hopefully that horror is enough to stop her from ever doing that again!
  • Went to dinner with friends and they told us the are doing invitro in July!  I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that this is it. They've struggled with infertility for 2 years now so invitro is their last hope to carry a baby.  (I remember crying at the idea of having to tell her I was pregnant with Ethan because she wanted a baby so bad).  Let's hope this is it for them! 
    We felt the same way when it came time to tell my SiL that we were pregnant. It was rough initially but it didn't take long for her to feel super excited about being an aunt. Good luck to your friends!!!  <3
  • Tawny87Tawny87 member
    We had our family photos taken and I'm so excited, the ones he showed us on his screen turned out great! My husband said he probably took about 3,000 shots total, and he did shots of everyone by themselves too. It was way more than I could have ever expected. My husband said he was offering up photo shoots for donations to make his way back to New Zealand after coming home for his mothers funeral.
  • meggymemeggyme member
    edited May 2017
    Lately when Jackie has been in the stroller she will sit up, pulling the seat back with her (it reclines with a pull string mechanism). Other than being annoying, is this anything that could be unsafe? I don't think she could flip the stroller doing this since she can only move it a couple inches, but I'm unsure if this is one of the habits that make her "too big" to sit in the stroller safely.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • So LO is throwing a tantrum after his breakfast bottle - 8 oz of formula isn't enough apparently. Cries for more.
  • So LO is throwing a tantrum after his breakfast bottle - 8 oz of formula isn't enough apparently. Cries for more.
    Such a great way to start the day, right? Sorry to hear it!

Does he do that every morning or is it just a 1 time thing? I've taken to giving Damien cut up fruit and either a bit of yogurt, cereal, or some of my toast with avocado (or with PB) after his morning 8oz of milk. He doesn't usually eat much but he will snack a little. Would something like that help? I know when Damien gets to crying pretty hard though, he wants nothing to do with actual food (unless it's puffs or an arrowroot cookie), so I totally get it if that's not an option. 
  • Well it's been an interesting morning so far and it's only 7am!  My husband woke me up at 3am saying he was in a lot of pain and needed to go to the emergency room. I asked him what was wrong and he said his tailbone is causing a lot of pain. So we drove to the emergency room at 3:30am. He does indeed have a fractured tail bone (no clue how or when he did this!) and unfortunately there is nothing they can do besides give him pain meds  :|. He's finally able to get some sleep thanks to the drugs. This will be an interesting few weeks while it heals....hopefully he's fine for Ethan's birthday party. 
  • Well it's been an interesting morning so far and it's only 7am!  My husband woke me up at 3am saying he was in a lot of pain and needed to go to the emergency room. I asked him what was wrong and he said his tailbone is causing a lot of pain. So we drove to the emergency room at 3:30am. He does indeed have a fractured tail bone (no clue how or when he did this!) and unfortunately there is nothing they can do besides give him pain meds  :|. He's finally able to get some sleep thanks to the drugs. This will be an interesting few weeks while it heals....hopefully he's fine for Ethan's birthday party. 
    That's so random! How awful! I landed smack on my tailbone during a snowboarding adventure and couldn't walk right for nearly 2 weeks. It wasn't broken though so I can only imagine the kind of pain he must be feeling. I hope he feels better soon and it heals quickly!
  • @laurendiaz02 I'm sorry, that stinks! He may need your BFing pillow to sit on ; )
  • Tawny87Tawny87 member
    Well it's been an interesting morning so far and it's only 7am!  My husband woke me up at 3am saying he was in a lot of pain and needed to go to the emergency room. I asked him what was wrong and he said his tailbone is causing a lot of pain. So we drove to the emergency room at 3:30am. He does indeed have a fractured tail bone (no clue how or when he did this!) and unfortunately there is nothing they can do besides give him pain meds  :|. He's finally able to get some sleep thanks to the drugs. This will be an interesting few weeks while it heals....hopefully he's fine for Ethan's birthday party. 
    That sounds terrible!!! Hope he is back to normal soon!
  • Is there a 12 month growth spurt, or am I just insane? Or are we just dealing with sleep regression? Miles is so wiggly and fussy whenever he's going down for bed, he can't seem to find a good spot to lay, just flops all over the place. And now he's waking up at 2-3 am and asking for food, which doesn't normally happen until 5-6. He's eating like a pig during the day and I swear my milk production is actually going back up. I'm trying not to be annoyed by the wake-ups and food demands because he actually does seem hungry/uncomfortable, but that's hard to remember when you've been trying to convince a tossing baby to go back to sleep for 2 hours
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Is there a 12 month growth spurt, or am I just insane? Or are we just dealing with sleep regression? Miles is so wiggly and fussy whenever he's going down for bed, he can't seem to find a good spot to lay, just flops all over the place. And now he's waking up at 2-3 am and asking for food, which doesn't normally happen until 5-6. He's eating like a pig during the day and I swear my milk production is actually going back up. I'm trying not to be annoyed by the wake-ups and food demands because he actually does seem hungry/uncomfortable, but that's hard to remember when you've been trying to convince a tossing baby to go back to sleep for 2 hours
    You aren't insane! There's a huge developmental leap apparently right around 11/12 months with lots of brain growth (or so says our sleep consultant). Calvin has been fighting naps fiercely, and basically eats alllll day between bfing and solids. 
  • We are experiencing a big developmental change too I think. Nadia has been fighting naps, waking up in the middle of the night occasionally, and getting up earlier. She also eats like a toddler. I have to have snacks with me everywhere we go. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Damien isn't at that point yet, but now I know to keep an eye out for it. That said, maybe he went through at some point during the past 2 months, hard to say since we were so focused on him being sick. 
  • Yeah, the thing is that I'm out the door by 7am, so I have NO time to make anything for LO. On a weekend, we give him cereal and 6 oz of milk. The daycare gives him cereal but until past 8am. :/
    He only does the tantrum occasionally. Today I gave him Gerber puffs to compensate. *sigh* His birthday is this Friday.