June 2016 Moms
Options

Moms who go Bump in the night/Randoms

Re: Moms who go Bump in the night/Randoms

• Options
    Allow me to introduce a moms best friend!!! The Instant Pot.  I got it for Christmas and I can't believe it took so long to open it.  It is a pressure cooker, slow cooker, saute pan, rice maker, yogurt maker, ECT.  It's so cool!!!!! You can even bake bread and cheesecake in it.  I made a pork roast in 30 min last night! I'm in the mood for some deviled eggs so I'm gonna try and hard boiled eggs in it tonight.  Ya'll need to jump on this train. And there is a Facebook following for it! People don't mess around!

I got one 2 christmases ago and only recently started using it and have been wondering why I waited so long.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    Allow me to introduce a moms best friend!!! The Instant Pot.  I got it for Christmas and I can't believe it took so long to open it.  It is a pressure cooker, slow cooker, saute pan, rice maker, yogurt maker, ECT.  It's so cool!!!!! You can even bake bread and cheesecake in it.  I made a pork roast in 30 min last night! I'm in the mood for some deviled eggs so I'm gonna try and hard boiled eggs in it tonight.  Ya'll need to jump on this train. And there is a Facebook following for it! People don't mess around!

I got one 2 christmases ago and only recently started using it and have been wondering why I waited so long.
     Ya'll I just made deviled eggs in this thing!!! Preston got the two plain ones!  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Signed Ethan up for swim lessons starting mid march. Man, I am in the wrong profession haha -- lessons cost $75/week!?!  I just bought him new swim trunks at Target...size 2T to accommodate his disposable swim diaper and thick thighs  :D
  • Options
    Signed Ethan up for swim lessons starting mid march. Man, I am in the wrong profession haha -- lessons cost $75/week!?!  I just bought him new swim trunks at Target...size 2T to accommodate his disposable swim diaper and thick thighs  :D
    I want to do that this spring/summer. I've been debating if it's worth it at this age or if I should wait a year or two. I love swimming and swam/played water polo through high school and college, so I guess it would be as much for me as for her.
  • Options
    We start swimming lessons next week.  $74 for 8 weeks.  Are yours one on one?  I think we have 4 or 5 other little ones in the class.  I want to do a test run today to see how everything works.  I think there is a standard mark up anytime you add baby in front of anything! So expensive!!
  • Options
    All kids swimming/sports/dance/art classes are so expensive. While I would love to send my kids to them more, I  am mostly waiting till they have a specific interest. We do lots of swinging, hiking, art projects, adventuring, libraries, etc on our own to try to make up for it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    laurendiaz02laurendiaz02 member
    edited February 2017
    egirl1025 said:
    We start swimming lessons next week.  $74 for 8 weeks.  Are yours one on one?  I think we have 4 or 5 other little ones in the class.  I want to do a test run today to see how everything works.  I think there is a standard mark up anytime you add baby in front of anything! So expensive!!
    Yes the teacher only does 1 infant per time slot. The class is Monday thru Thursday for 15 minutes a day (any longer at this age and they'll probably lose interest and get fussy).  So we're basically paying $300 for 1 month. It's a private pool here where we live and one teacher has the toddler/older kid group and the other teacher just has 1 infant. I like that it's close by and the pool is heated to 93 degrees for class. Both instructors have been teaching for 15+ years and I like that they advocate no goggles and no floaties/water wings. 

Edit: for ours the parent does not go in the water with their baby. The instructor takes them to the pool. Parents wait under the covered patio. 
  • Options
    Well my dumbass husband just let Cameron roll off the ottoman because he just had to lay him on the cat... Um seriously!!!!
  • Options
    Tawny87 said:
    Well my dumbass husband just let Cameron roll off the ottoman because he just had to lay him on the cat... Um seriously!!!!
    Jackie rolled down the prop stair after I told DH to watch her on them. Sigh... luckily they're made of rubber for the first few years.
  • Options
    Is that what DH is now? Dumbass Husband? Lol well my DH certainly earned that title a few days ago when I found Preston, unsupervised on the changing table (not even strapped in!). I went ballistic on him!
  • Options
    We are now the owners of a Brezza Formula Pro. My Mom bought it for our visit over Thanksgiving. She tried to give it to us at that time but we really don't have the space and I knew it would be nice to have there for my long visit in February. Weeeell no matter how politely I declined the offer this time around, it still ended up in my trunk. I already knew the lecture and eye rolls I'd be receiving from my husband over it. Imagine my surprise when he was rather enthusiastic about it. After some thought (because this was really out of character) I realized he wanted it because we are going to start splitting night feeding duties soon. He just didn't want to spend time prepping the bottle in the middle of the night (not that I blame him but it only takes a few minutes). I guess I'm slightly annoyed that when I showed interest in it, knowing it would help me with nighttime feedings, he put his foot down hard about not taking it (for space reasons). Now that HE has to do nighttime feedings, suddenly we do need it.
  • Options
    We are now the owners of a Brezza Formula Pro. My Mom bought it for our visit over Thanksgiving. She tried to give it to us at that time but we really don't have the space and I knew it would be nice to have there for my long visit in February. Weeeell no matter how politely I declined the offer this time around, it still ended up in my trunk. I already knew the lecture and eye rolls I'd be receiving from my husband over it. Imagine my surprise when he was rather enthusiastic about it. After some thought (because this was really out of character) I realized he wanted it because we are going to start splitting night feeding duties soon. He just didn't want to spend time prepping the bottle in the middle of the night (not that I blame him but it only takes a few minutes). I guess I'm slightly annoyed that when I showed interest in it, knowing it would help me with nighttime feedings, he put his foot down hard about not taking it (for space reasons). Now that HE has to do nighttime feedings, suddenly we do need it.
    We have one and love it!  Just make sure you keep up with cleaning otherwise it doesn't dispense the right amount of formula. 
  • Options
    We have one and love it!  Just make sure you keep up with cleaning otherwise it doesn't dispense the right amount of formula. 
    My Mom went over how to clean it properly a few times so I would know. The filter cleaning is easy enough at least, just need to stay on top over the rest of it. It does make life a lot easier so I am glad we have it now (finally).
  • Options
    I need to vent about a stupid irritation.

We had our basement redone and they finally finished yesterday at 5pm. My ILs were over for dinner (MIL is a teacher so had the day off and wanted extra kid time, fine) and while I was nursing M to sleep MIL and DH fucking set up the basement.  Without me.  After ILs left I confronted DH about it and he was like "I was just so excited to start using it."  Well asshat, so was I, and you excluded me from it.  Not that it's all that riveting to hang up coats and move kid toys downstairs, but I wanted to do it with him and share in the excitement of setting up the new playroom that we just paid an assload for and spent 3 weeks living in complete disarray to get.  Not to talk to my MIL about how she "set it up in a way that made the most sense to [her], but [I] can change it if [I] want to."  And then she pissed me off more by commenting on his FB before/after picture post about how excited she was to set it up with him.  (I'm really not pissed at her, just at DH, her post made me more pissed at him.  He should have waited for me, and should have told her no, but he wasn't thinking about me.) 

He's always been gung ho about setting stuff up (seriously, every time we have moved we have been completely unpacked within 24 hours because he CANNOT stand boxes) so this isn't really surprising that he would do this. But this is now the THIRD time in recent memory he and his mom have set stuff up in my house without me - the first time being when MIL put all of Madelyn's clothes in the drawers in the new nursery (which I definitely redid after MIL left), and when FIL redid my closet, DH had MIL unpack all my clothes into it while I was on a weekend away with my mom.  (I'm sure he thought he was helping that time because I was hugely pregnant but the hormones made me ragey.)  That also means that this is the third time I've had to talk to him about how he hurts my feelings when he excludes me from this and goes ahead without me.
  • Options

We had our basement redone and they finally finished yesterday at 5pm. My ILs were over for dinner (MIL is a teacher so had the day off and wanted extra kid time, fine) and while I was nursing M to sleep MIL and DH fucking set up the basement.  Without me.  After ILs left I confronted DH about it and he was like "I was just so excited to start using it."  Well asshat, so was I, and you excluded me from it.  Not that it's all that riveting to hang up coats and move kid toys downstairs, but I wanted to do it with him and share in the excitement of setting up the new playroom that we just paid an assload for and spent 3 weeks living in complete disarray to get.  Not to talk to my MIL about how she "set it up in a way that made the most sense to [her], but [I] can change it if [I] want to."  And then she pissed me off more by commenting on his FB before/after picture post about how excited she was to set it up with him.  (I'm really not pissed at her, just at DH, her post made me more pissed at him.  He should have waited for me, and should have told her no, but he wasn't thinking about me.) 

He's always been gung ho about setting stuff up (seriously, every time we have moved we have been completely unpacked within 24 hours because he CANNOT stand boxes) so this isn't really surprising that he would do this. But this is now the THIRD time in recent memory he and his mom have set stuff up in my house without me - the first time being when MIL put all of Madelyn's clothes in the drawers in the new nursery (which I definitely redid after MIL left), and when FIL redid my closet, DH had MIL unpack all my clothes into it while I was on a weekend away with my mom.  (I'm sure he thought he was helping that time because I was hugely pregnant but the hormones made me ragey.)  That also means that this is the third time I've had to talk to him about how he hurts my feelings when he excludes me from this and goes ahead without me.
    That sucks. And it's so tough to talk about things that seem on the surface to be something we shouldn't get upset about, but it's the feelings under the surface that are hurt. Lately DH has been going out a lot with friends and leaving me behind with Jackie. And while I don't usually want to go out with his friends drinking until all hours (and I certainly don't want to pay for a babysitter to do it) the feeling of being left behind is a tough one to get over. Apparently I'm pretty surly after he goes out and it's caused some arguments lately.
  • Options
    Anyone else's LO drop their heads on the tile floor while crawling? My son does it but we always have him on the bed. Yesterday, he did it on the tile floor and started yowling.
  • Options

You are totally in the right! I would have lost my shit!!!
  • Options
    Anyone else's LO drop their heads on the tile floor while crawling? My son does it but we always have him on the bed. Yesterday, he did it on the tile floor and started yowling.
    Yup, almost every day! She even did this in the pool last week and got a face full of water. I'm sure she'll learn eventually. 
  • Options
    This just happened yesterday. He crawled into the bathroom and tried to pull himself up on the cabinets...and the drawer opened and he fell and hit his head on the tile. He cried but as soon as I picked up him up he was fine. 
  • Options
    So, finally getting a decent nights sleep out of the small child and I'm wide awake (it's 03:30 here) :cry:
  • Options
    kay12321 said:
    So, finally getting a decent nights sleep out of the small child and I'm wide awake (it's 03:30 here) :cry:

Ugh me too.  Dispite him skipping his bedtime feed, he has STTN so far. Meanwhile, I was up from 12-3 and again now at 6 because my allergies are horrible.  I can't breathe through my nose most of the time, making my throat burn and when I can breathe I wake up cause my nose was burning.  It's so dry 
  • Options
    artlea2013artlea2013 member
    edited February 2017
    So I changed my username - no one freak out :wink: Came to the conclusion that I should really be more concerned about my internet life than I am... that and my IT security employee DH is always on me about passwords and not storing credit cards and blah blah blah. Didn't change my name that much soooo I think he'll still be grumpy, but it's closer
    Also, don't let thebump lie to you and tell you that you can't change your username. You can, you just have to do it with theknot. Odd
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Options
    I bought chips and Jack's Garden Fresh salsa for a snack tonight. The plastic film on the salsa (under the plastic lid) was slightly peeled back. I know I should have thrown it out buuuut my craving was stronger than my common sense. If I die tonight, you all know why. Salsa.
    There are worse ways to go...
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    I bought chips and Jack's Garden Fresh salsa for a snack tonight. The plastic film on the salsa (under the plastic lid) was slightly peeled back. I know I should have thrown it out buuuut my craving was stronger than my common sense. If I die tonight, you all know why. Salsa.
    There are worse ways to go...
    Truer words were never spoken.
  • Options
    Omg so done.  I feel so sick.  I think it's allergies but it's pretty miserable.  I can't even function. 
  • Options
    AmberLiz99AmberLiz99 member
    edited February 2017
    I'm an emotional mess today ladies. Dh is meeting with an EEO attorney to see if he has a strong enough discrimination case to pursue it at work. I'm really not comfortable with this, and the whole thing makes me sick. I'm so distracted and anxious 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm an emotional mess today ladies. Dh is meeting with an EEO attorney to see if he has a strong enough discrimination case to pursue it at work. I'm really not comfortable with this, and the whole thing makes me sick. I'm so distracted and anxious 
    Wow, that is super stressful! I hope everything goes well. Can't imagine how you both must be feeling.
  • Options
    I'm nervous for you! Best of luck, we all wish you both well. Only high energy, thought consuming tasks today, if you can manage it. No laundry or dishes or anything else you can zone out while doing. Stay engaged and keep praying. And if it's bothering you that much, I think you need to talk it through with your DH
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Options
    Remember how Preston had ear infection, diaper rash and 3 new teeth coming? Go ahead and add another tooth plus Roseola on top of it........ 
  • Options
    When you finally go to set a profile pic for the bump and the only pic you can find with you in it is from 2013. Lol!
  • Options
    Well one day of no accidents with one of my almost 3.5yr olds. The other one I have kind of just given up on. Oh well, I guess eventually she will get embarrassed and start using the toilet right?!
  • Options
    Tawny87 said:
    Well one day of no accidents with one of my almost 3.5yr olds. The other one I have kind of just given up on. Oh well, I guess eventually she will get embarrassed and start using the toilet right?!
    Just remember that ten years from now none of this will matter anymore. It's so fristraightong to go through. Good job on the one with no accidents! That's a good sign  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So in addition to my instant Pot (which is currently making me some homemade yogurt) our kurig died so we upgraded to a Ninja Coffee Bar.  I could survive with just these two appliances. Life is good.

I want a Ninja bar so badly! 
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    So in addition to my instant Pot (which is currently making me some homemade yogurt) our kurig died so we upgraded to a Ninja Coffee Bar.  I could survive with just these two appliances. Life is good.

My hubby tried to trade our keurig for something with someone at work, I was all "I will shank you in the face if my coffee procurement system leaves this house!"
  • Options
    @vintagevix2016 he looks like he's riding a roller coaster! I like that insert you have. I didn't know those existed for grocery carts but now I want one.