June 2016 Moms

Moms who go Bump in the night/Randoms

Re: Moms who go Bump in the night/Randoms

• Ugh you're not kidding. Now I'm in the ER after many hours of violent vomiting to the point wear I would be drenched in sweat and the pain from my stomach being squeezed so hard.
  • Taxes are done and refund is on its way!  Hurray!  Now I have to control myself so I don't spend all of it on his birthday party  :#
  • Loading the player...
  • Tawny87Tawny87 member
    edited February 2017
    Just lost my shit on the Dr's office. My hubby had a 3:30 appt and showed up at 3:30 for his appt and they had given his appt away and told him he would have to come back tomorrow because they didn't have any more available spots for the day?! Ummmm how about the time slot for the person you sent back in his place?!?!?! If I get a fucking bill for a missed appt heads are going to roll! To top it all off last night when I tried to call to make his appt they had set their phone line to the answering service 30 min before they close so I literally had to stop at the office, (it's on the way to pick up the kids) and make the stupid appt in person. If they screw up his appt tomorrow I will go for blood!!! 
    (In the back of my mind "let the bodies hit the floor" from that song is on loop lol!)
  • @adiaz132003 How is everyone doing tonight?? Better I hope!

@Tawny87 My husband and I left our family doctor because of how difficult it was to get someone on the phone, our doctor was constantly on vacation with no back-up, and the office straight up moved and I only found out the day I showed up for my appt at the old office and found it empty. Anyway, I hope it all goes smoothly tomorrow for your husband!
  • I'm snowed in at the hospital.  I got a total of 8.5 liters of fluids!  Thankfully it was a 24 hour but but I suffered severe dehydration and my blood pressure dropped to super low numbers and for a while could not stand without help.  Now my MIL is sick but thankfully Preston in the only one who has not gotten sick (knocks on wood) when I get home I'm gonna be sure to disinfect ever single surface constantly for at least a week cause that's how long they said I could be contagious for.  
  • I'm snowed in at the hospital.  I got a total of 8.5 liters of fluids!  Thankfully it was a 24 hour but but I suffered severe dehydration and my blood pressure dropped to super low numbers and for a while could not stand without help.  Now my MIL is sick but thankfully Preston in the only one who has not gotten sick (knocks on wood) when I get home I'm gonna be sure to disinfect ever single surface constantly for at least a week cause that's how long they said I could be contagious for.  

Stuck in box:

So happy to hear you are getting better, but OMG!!  That is some crazy sickness moving through your house!!  Definitely have my fingers crossed that Preston stays healthy.  Completely sucks that you are snowed in.  Wishing you all the best.
  • Savannah napped a total of 20 minutes between 7am-3pm today. Now she's been sleeping for 2 hours straight... bedtime should be fun :#
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Anyone else's kid rock back and forth on all fours , smashing their head into the ends of the pack and play to move it?  I obviously don't let him keep doing it but it happens when I run to the bathroom real quick or I'm doing something for a minute in the kitchen.  He's not in there that often so I cant say it's from being tired of it, only when I'm doing something that will keep my eyes off long enough for him to get into trouble.  I don't know is if I should be proud he's inventive or scared for what he'll be like at two!
  • My son does that but in his bouncer thing. Yesterday he moved enough to grab daddy's phone off the Ottoman...
  • lm45678lm45678 member
    edited February 2017
    Savannah is crawling- but only backwards, here is where I found her today (eye roll). I was steps away in the kitchen... little bugger is getting fast!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Savannah is crawling- but only backwards, here is where I found her today (eye roll). I was steps away in the kitchen... little hyggerbis getting fast!
    Savannah is crawling- but only backwards, here is where I found her today (eye roll). I was steps away in the kitchen... little hyggerbis getting fast!
    I've found Damien under various furniture for the same reason, makes me laugh. 
  • artlea2013artlea2013 member
    edited February 2017
    My crazy confused baby. Doesn't crawl, doesn't pull up, can't sit from laying, but if I stand him up in front of the couch, he'll walk himself up and down it all day. He's decided this weekend that letting go and trying to stand on his own is his new mission. Seriously?! I'm just pleased that he can't get up on his own. Though if he could learn to sit from laying down, that would save some tears

Edit because this app man...
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • My Mom and I found these books that are geared towards babies and I think they're pretty neat! Since Damien tries to chew on all his books, these are perfect. They are washable, won't tear, waterproof, chewproof, and non-toxic. Figured I'd share in case some of you were interested. There are a bunch more of these available too.

• My Mom and I found these books that are geared towards babies and I think they're pretty neat! Since Damien tries to chew on all his books, these are perfect. They are washable, won't tear, waterproof, chewproof, and non-toxic. Figured I'd share in case some of you were interested. There are a bunch more of these available too.

That's awesome!  My son likes to chew on the books and ends up getting pieces of cardboard in his mouth  :#
  • Yah, we have several industructables books. It's one of my go to shower gifts for people.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My son got a few for Christmas and so far they only get wrinkly.
  • egirl1025 said:
    My son got a few for Christmas and so far they only get wrinkly.
    I noticed that too. I'm just glad they won't tear and I can wash them.
  • Just drank some pedialyte because I feel like butt and man is it ever gross!!!! I can't believe my little girls love it so much!
  • Tawny87 said:
    Just drank some pedialyte because I feel like butt and man is it ever gross!!!! I can't believe my little girls love it so much!
     I drink ensure every day to help gain weight and it's an acquired taste. Lol
  • Anyone else feel super sad when a toy has to be retired?  I felt so sad when we put the rock n play away and now I retired his playmat because he tries to stand on the arches.  It had hanging toys that I took off and hung them around his play yard but still.  I love that thing and he loved the lights and sounds.
  • Anyone else feel super sad when a toy has to be retired?  I felt so sad when we put the rock n play away and now I retired his playmat because he tries to stand on the arches.  It had hanging toys that I took off and hung them around his play yard but still.  I love that thing and he loved the lights and sounds.
    Yes! Every item we outgrow I am sad about! Clothes, toys, you name it!
  • edited February 2017
    Anyone else feel super sad when a toy has to be retired?  I felt so sad when we put the rock n play away and now I retired his playmat because he tries to stand on the arches.  It had hanging toys that I took off and hung them around his play yard but still.  I love that thing and he loved the lights and sounds.
    I'm surprisingly not about toys. I can't wait to put away his huge activity center. I guess I'm just ready to have some space back in our tiny condo! I'll never truly get that space though since we always have something to replace what's going to storage. I do feel sad about clothes though. I realized this week that he definitely needs to move to 9 month clothing, overdue actually.
  • Tawny87 said:
    Just drank some pedialyte because I feel like butt and man is it ever gross!!!! I can't believe my little girls love it so much!
     I drink ensure every day to help gain weight and it's an acquired taste. Lol
    I had to drink ensures when I was pregnant with my girls because I was losing so much weight. The chocolate ones were my go to.
  • Yeah whenever I pack away her old clothes I feel like I'm saving them for her. It makes absolutely no sense and I have to remind myself that she won't fit in them again.
  • rmmorris said:
    Yeah whenever I pack away her old clothes I feel like I'm saving them for her. It makes absolutely no sense and I have to remind myself that she won't fit in them again.
    Same! Those bathing suits will not fit next summer though lol 
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • I just got an email that certain Britax and Bob strollers are being voluntarily recalled.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • meggyme said:
    I just got an email that certain Britax and Bob strollers are being voluntarily recalled.
    I have a bob. Is it only certain models?  
  • I read it's the B-Agile and BOB Motion strollers.
  • I read it's the B-Agile and BOB Motion strollers.

Yeah the part that connects the car seat to the stroller is faulty in some of them.  It's kinda too late for us cause we no longer use the carseat and stroller together.  We take him out and he sits in the stroller by itself cause he wants a better view.
  • It is for the bob motion and idk which Britax strollers. I actually had to get this fixed on mine and it was a pain in the ass. I basically had to reassemble the entire stroller to a new aluminum frame with no instructions, so hopefully they at least give good instructions.
  • Ok thanks for the info! I have the BOB jogger so no concern there.  
  • My cat is straight up growling at the towel hanging from the towel rack in the bathroom. I wonder if our detergent or body wash is offensive to her? What a weird cat lol!
  • So this is the time where I'm gonna a be on the look out for those early walkers!  I am really excited and curious to see which of our babies will be the first to take those independent steps.  I know every baby is different and it's not a race, but I'm so excited for those wobbly steps and drunk baby walking pictures!!!
  • meggymemeggyme member
    edited February 2017
    So this is the time where I'm gonna a be on the look out for those early walkers!  I am really excited and curious to see which of our babies will be the first to take those independent steps.  I know every baby is different and it's not a race, but I'm so excited for those wobbly steps and drunk baby walking pictures!!!

I know we'll be on to a whole other level of getting into trouble, but I'm really excited for when Jackie starts walking just because I think it opens up a new realm of things to do with her. Playing at the park, play dates...
  • So this is the time where I'm gonna a be on the look out for those early walkers!  I am really excited and curious to see which of our babies will be the first to take those independent steps.  I know every baby is different and it's not a race, but I'm so excited for those wobbly steps and drunk baby walking pictures!!!
    My other two walked between 10-11 months. If Nadia is like them that means I only have maybe 3 more months! I would be ok if she is a little slower to it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
    My other two walked between 10-11 months. If Nadia is like them that means I only have maybe 3 more months! I would be ok if she is a little slower to it. 
     That seems so close! We've had multiple people tell us that Preston will be walking by 10 months or sooner.  One women from a child development program was like "oh yeah he'll walk before he's a year old, he's 10 months right?" I'm like "no 8"  cue wide eyes. Lol
  • Allow me to introduce a moms best friend!!! The Instant Pot.  I got it for Christmas and I can't believe it took so long to open it.  It is a pressure cooker, slow cooker, saute pan, rice maker, yogurt maker, ECT.  It's so cool!!!!! You can even bake bread and cheesecake in it.  I made a pork roast in 30 min last night! I'm in the mood for some deviled eggs so I'm gonna try and hard boiled eggs in it tonight.  Ya'll need to jump on this train. And there is a Facebook following for it! People don't mess around!

• The Munchkin travel bottle warmer for the car actually worked today. I didn't realize I wasn't plugging it in completely. It took 30min to heat up 8oz of cold Enfamil A+ Thickened (Enfamil AR in the US). Pretty neato. I heated it up during his nap so it was ready when he woke up. I imagine regular formula would need less time. The reviews for it are so-so but for $17 it was worth it, even if it doesn't work after a few uses (a complaint I read a few times).