December 2016 Moms

Symptoms 6.28.16

Sorry if I'm jumping in here, our old symptoms thread is long gone.  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

Re: Symptoms 6.28.16

• I have a specific concern I wanted opinions on.  Heart palpitations.. Anyone?  All of my research indicates they are fairly normal during pregnancy.  I'm going to call my doc tomorrow to see how they want me to proceed.  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• @DiFazette If I go up the stairs or move too fast in general, my heart pounds. It calms down when I rest, but it can be unsettling. I'm taking a lot of breaks during the day and that helps. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm right there with both of you. Stairs are now my enemy because they take my breath away and the heart pounding kind of freaks me out. My doc said it was normal and that my BP/heart rate does not concern him at all right now. 
  • I thought it was just me! It's like I have asthma. But I don't. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• My heart started pounding intermittently, too. I'm going to mention it at my next appt but I'm assuming it's normal.

Carpal tunnel is flaring up intensely, and I'm still exhausted many days. Lots of unnecessary crying.
  • cjt121413cjt121413 member
    edited June 2016
    @DiFazette I've had heart palpitations, too. I'm not sure if it's normal but it makes sense with the increased blood flow and such. 

Carpal tunnel has set in for me too @mysteryship. This was one of my worst symptoms while pregnant with DS so I'm bummed it started so early. :(

I've had some dizziness, which is weird. Dr. Google says it's normal. 

I'm really moody this week, which is fun.

Acne and body acne sucks.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• Thanks ladies.  Mine is more an off beat that thumps in my chest than a elevated heart rate.  That does happen occasionally too with stairs but not as concerning as this.  Feels like my heartbeat isn't consistent.  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Cravings like woah. Anything with super strong flavors, too, so I have to have a pack of gum at my desk. Give me all of your garlic, spicy, peppery goodness. I cannot seem to have enough.

I also can commiserate with you all on the stairs. I work on the 4th floor of my building and I have taken the stairs every day for the last 3 years. I am a pro at those stairs, never ran out of breath. Now I am sucking in air like I'm going to die. My boss, who always takes the elevator up, wants me to join the dark side and take the elevator, especially since it will only get worse! 

@cjt121413 oh the acne. So much of it. So over it.

Anniversary
    Visit The Nest 
    Fur Baby Momma 4/2/2010
  • @DiFazette I would be concerned too. Good vibes being sent your way that everything is ok. <3

@mysteryship @cjt121413 The carpal tunnel is so bad. I was cutting veggies yesterday for chili and had to keep taking breaks. :(
  • beff12beff12 member
    I can't walk any distance/incline/stairs without becoming winded either. Luckily we don't have stairs at our house! 

I woke up last night and was so uncomfortable. Just all over back and belly pain. It may be time to find all of our extra pillows and build my sleep fortress ;) and now I'm extra tired and don't want MIL to come visit today (that may or may not be a pregnancy side effect).

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• fauxpa-2fauxpa-2 member
    edited June 2016
    Hormones DEFINITELY make my heart palpitations worse.  I get that same random big thump in my chest.  They used to freak me out, but I've gotten more used to them.  My Doc always says that almost everyone gets the little heart hiccups, but most people just never notice them, while others are more sensitive to them.  The important thing is that if you aren't having any other symptoms with them they aren't really anything to worry about.  
  • -yes to the heart palpitations.
    -I am recalling that after 1st tri, it seems like my growth/development happens in little spurts which makes for total wipe out days. I had one yesterday. Pressure in my ute, total fatigue, general gross feeling, dizziness.
    -I just don't want to be touched
    -Still can't cook/prepare food/eat food I've seen prepared.
    -Colors are too intense. I realized that's why I am having trouble watching TV and being in the grocery store... all the colors are overwhelming. I have crazy senses so I'm no too surprised that sight is over sensitive too but I just figured this one out.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • - Fatigue has been my major one lately. This last weekend was busy with family in town and I just crashed Sunday afternoon, and still felt like a zombie Monday. Yesterday was better, but hoping today is better than yesterday. Energy has not come back, yet. I am hoping soon.
    - Sciatica pain... in my left butt cheek! It started Saturday, wasn't around much Sunday. but has come back Monday and yesterday. I talked with my OB about it yesterday and she gave me a brochure with stretching exercises. Holy annoying.
    - Stuffy nose still present.
    - Some MS, but mainly after I eat in the evening and eat until I feel good and not stuffed.
    - General minor cramping, but OB and OB nurse said all OK at this time... mainly uterus stretching out, etc. Could also be gas, ha.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• Thanks ladies - with my history of severe pre-e my doc wants to see me tomorrow.  Too much pressure on the heart with an irregular beat can exacerbate blood pressure issues.  My guess is i'll end up with a Holter monitor over the 4th of July long weekend - yay!  I really just want this pregnancy to be over.  I knew as soon as it started I wanted to fast forward to this winter.  Too many complications to be worried about that stress me the hell out.

Pregnancy Ticker     

• beff12beff12 member
    Good luck @DiFazette! I hope it's nothing too serious. 

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014

• Still constan throat clearing and lots of coughing. Asked OB about it at my appointment yesterday and she just said some women have extra mucus when pregnant. Offered no solution. So I guess I get to sound like I've smoked for 50 years until December...
  • @tinattt23 - some natural remedies that work for me when i have extra phlegm when sick are honey in tea and lemon - either in the same tea or otherwise.  Couldn't hurt to try!

Pregnancy Ticker     

• @DiFazette Thanks! Can't hurt to try it. Poor throat is so sore by the end of each day it'll take any help it can get. 
  • @DiFazette Sending positive vibes your way.  I'm sorry you have to deal with all that stress.

@tinattt23 I too have been a mucus factory since finding out I was pregnant.  One thing that helps me for a little while is the simply saline nose spray.  I will use it like a netti pot (actually putting drops in my nose) and then I can blow my nose and swallow anything that remains (sorry it's gross).  Then it seems to kind of dry everything out for a while in my nose and throat.
  • @Fauxpa It's weird because my nose is 100% fine and clear. It's just my throat. But hey, I may get desperate and start trying anything and everything :)
  • TollerToller member
    @DiFazette lots of good thoughts your way! Always better to get checked out. Hopefully it will help any anxiety that is coming with all of this too!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ea301ea301 member
    I'm having a weird new symptom that started around 17 weeks - i can almost constantly hear my heartbeat in my left ear. It is incredibly annoying... almost feels like I have water in my ear. I'm also on the fatigue train today, and can't move without feeling a little out of breath with an elevated pulse. 

Thinking of you all! 

• ea301 said:
    I'm having a weird new symptom that started around 17 weeks - i can almost constantly hear my heartbeat in my left ear. It is incredibly annoying... almost feels like I have water in my ear. I'm also on the fatigue train today, and can't move without feeling a little out of breath with an elevated pulse. 

Thinking of you all! 
    The elevated pulse thing really freaked me out at first.  I had no clue that was something that happened.  My resting heart rate is now 95-100 and I hear it all the time and feel it through my body.  It is very weird and unsettling at first!
  • DiFazette said:
    Thanks ladies.  Mine is more an off beat that thumps in my chest than a elevated heart rate.  That does happen occasionally too with stairs but not as concerning as this.  Feels like my heartbeat isn't consistent.  
    I'm getting this too. Can be just sitting around or exercising...no warning. Just Bam. I typically am having 1-4 noticeable ones per day. My blood pressure and resting heart rate seem fine. I'll be asking on Friday at my appt. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Cramping in my sides if I sit down too long. Also get it if I stand up too long. The struggle.

Sneezing.

Still have to pee very 30 minutes.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Married DH: 4/7/2012 
    TTC: 2/3/2016 (Me: 31yrs  DH: 35yrs)
    BFP: 4/10/2016
    EDD: 12/18/16
    Kaynen Alexander born 12/6/16 via c-section (bicornate uterus/breech)
  • beff12beff12 member
    @karabearrr I feel you on the sneezes. I have these crazy intense sneezes when I'm pregnant and I always sneeze twice. It hurts!

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014

• @beff12 I've been sneezing twice, too! So uncomfortable!
  • Whenever I sneeze or cough I get RLP! And I do both a lot between the extra mucus and my allergies (which I can't treat as aggressively as I used to)
    EQD born 12/15!

• Palpitations, yes. Usually short lived but I had several in a row last week where I had to stop walking and just wait. I am certain they are benign PVCs given the presentation (pause then loud thump) and the forceful urge to cough after (valvular regurge). OB wasn't too concerned except does want to know if they get worse or more frequent.  
    Still with the headaches, not responding to the fioricet the doc gave me - yesterday's lasted 16 hours
  • I just wanted to share some relief I've been getting from my sciatica pain. We just got this semi big baby pool for DS. The water is always cold from the hose and if I sit in there with him it feels so much better afterwards. Same I with swimming in a big pool. We have done one or the other every day this week and I have barely had issues! I hope it helps someone else out!

Pregnancy Ticker

• @ashbozso Yes, this may help! I just started getting this off an on last weekend... and any relief is great to know. I am doing lots of stretches and plan to start some prenatal yoga in hopes that may help too. I think it started cos he's sitting on the left side, or at least his head/chest is (that's where the OB found the strongest heartbeat), and it's mainly on my left side.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• Cold sores, charlie horses in my feet, shortness of breath, exhaustion, food aversions, and mood swings. My hair and my nails are growing quickly though, which is nice.
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • today I woke up with a new type of pain. I've had RLP, which for me happens after changing positions, and is more on one side near my hip bone, lasts a few seconds and usually does repeat, and are infrequent.  today i'm having sharp pains that are centrally located, down by my bikini line, actually right where my c/s scar is. they are mild, last a few seconds, but happening frequently, like repeating every minute or so.  rest doesn't help, position changes don't help, I've tried drinking water, peeing, etc. nothing is making it go away.  going on a couple hours now, and it is definitely not gas pains.
    has anyone had RLP like this, or pains like this?  seems too early for BH, and they are not crampy feeling.
  • @zubenescamali I've been having what sounds like the same thing all week. Doubled me over yesterday at work when I stood up too fast. I think it's just RLP/stretching but you could always ask your doc. My initial RLP were really low in my belly but they've started moving up a little higher, more central and sharper 

Pregnancy Ticker 

• @ajstevenson thanks, it totally helps to know I'm not alone! It lasted a few hours, then my back started hurting and the abd pain went away, then my back stopped hurting and the front stabbing came back for a few hours. I'm picturing my uterus flopping from front to back trying to figure itself out and pulling everything in the process!
  • tinattt23 said:
    @Fauxpa It's weird because my nose is 100% fine and clear. It's just my throat. But hey, I may get desperate and start trying anything and everything :)
    That could be reflux if not in your nose too. Or a combo. Which is delightful no? The mucus goes down and it all wants to come back up. Sexual. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'll start from the top and work my way to the bottom of my aching bod-day:

• Headaches. They're off and on and exacerbated by too much screen time so if I avoid that I'm usually okay. A heated rice pack on my forehead does wonders. So does a teeny bit of caffeine if ish is getting real - don't judge me.  :#
    • Sinus issues. Stuffy nose. And sneezing. It's all or nothing with my shnoz right now. And my ears stay "popped" from all the extra drainage. Ew. 
    • Dry face. This was a pre-preg issue for me and it's only gotten more dry as time goes on! No breakouts for this mama. Just flakes and flakes and flakes. I'm shedding like a reptile.  Several remedies are finally working though so that's nice. Just had to up my game. 
    • Heart palpitations & easily winded. I'm with y'all on this one. I'm dreading returning to work tomorrow. The stairs are intense and I've been off all week and out of practice.  
    • Tender ya-bos. They're also growing at a quick pace and hey I don't hate that!
    • Mild reflux. Having had many issues beforehand, I was certain pregnancy would be a disaster. So far it's tolerable. Hope for that to continue. 
    • Appetite & cravings. Holy macaroni! I'm trying to stay on the healthy side but I WANT IT ALL. This week I had nachos FOUR TIMES. 4!!! 
    • RLP/Hip aches. I am blown away at this level of discomfort already and feel a liiiiiittle apprehensive about what's to come. I am 5 feet tall and before my BFP weighed in around 105. This little body is being truly pushed to its limits. I think my chiropractor appointments should help over time and I should probably muster up some energy for more daily exercise. 
    • Peeing constantly. My DH thinks we should buy stock in toilet paper. 

I think that's my laundry list of symptoms. They're not too too bad really. Love reading everyone's posts because it really makes me feel less alone out on pregnant island. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• DiFazette said:
    Thanks ladies - with my history of severe pre-e my doc wants to see me tomorrow.  Too much pressure on the heart with an irregular beat can exacerbate blood pressure issues.  My guess is i'll end up with a Holter monitor over the 4th of July long weekend - yay!  I really just want this pregnancy to be over.  I knew as soon as it started I wanted to fast forward to this winter.  Too many complications to be worried about that stress me the hell out.
    Good luck! Keep us posted. This may be a dated entry even so if you've got an update shoot it our way! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• karmbakarmba member
    RLP has been happening pretty much every time I stand up from sitting for a long time.  Also sciatica pain in my right leg.  Both are leading me to think I need to start prenatal yoga!

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• I'm having PVCs as well (intermittent funny heartbeat that causes me to totally lose my breath for a second).  I'm going to ask my Dr about it tomorrow.  I had them before getting pregnant though. 

Has anyone been having cramping?  Like, not RLP but period cramping?  I had it last night and it freaked me out.  I have been drinking tons of water since then.