February 2017 Moms

First ultrasound 6 weeks 4 days low fetal heart rate???

Hi everyone. Just had my first ultrasound at 6 weeks and 4 days and the doctor is very concerned because the baby’s heart rate is only 80. Everything else looks good, but the doctor said to prepare myself for miscarriage. We are checking it again on Friday to see if it goes up or down. Anyone have any success stories they could share? Feeling devastated at the moment and waiting is killing me.

Re: First ultrasound 6 weeks 4 days low fetal heart rate???

• I haven't had this experience, but i'm sorry that's terrifying and good luck <3
  • I am sorry. I haven't gone through something similar. I know the heartbeat is only detectable around 6 weeks so maybe it wasn't beating long and it will pick up. I assume the doctor is experienced in this but I really hope things turn out ok.
  • Loading the player...
  • Big huge hugs! I know there are success stories out there. I hope you become one. 
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• I had my first u/s at 7w and measured st 6+6. The HR came up at 86. I was presented with a couple of different thoughts, the first of which was that she tech MAY have picked up my HR. I was also told that because it was so early, if there was something happening... Not much could be done to do call immediately if there was any cramping/bleeding. It was almost 2 weeks until I saw the doctor and when I asked him about it, after not having any cramping/spotting - and still having pregnancy symptoms, he said that the HR was perfectly ok for that age. Now, all that being said, I'd have just about killed for the chance to have a repeat u/s to double check things. As it is, I probably won't hear heart beat or anything for another almost month. Unless I can get in with the high risk OB in the next town to do additional testing due to family history. That first day, I cried and freaked out and allowed myself to be scared. Then, I just kind of realized that it wasn't going to help to do any of that (though it felt good to get it out) and have been doing my best to take everything in stride. You'll be in my thoughts. Best wishes for good news on Friday! 
  • I cannot say thank you enough for the glimmer of hope that gives me. The doctor just seemed so concerned; it is hard to be optimistic. And of course I have been looking online which everyone tells you NOT to do. From online research it looks like about 60% chance of miscarriage at this point. I am trying so hard to not stress because I know that is not good for me or baby. Everything else looked good, so I am hoping the little guy was just a slow start. 

• I'm sorry you're going through this. Keeping you in my thoughts!
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • I hope things go well for you. 

• I hope that it turns out ok for you. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • I'm so sorry to hear this and hope you have a happy ending. Like a pp said, try not to stress and hopefully things will turn around. Sending you good vibes and thoughts for peace of mind. 
  • So sorry to hear... I hope it all goes well for you! 
  • VastraVastra member
    Good thoughts for happy news on Friday! 
    Married: 2011
    TTC #1: 3/2016
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • I've been through something similar and I know how excruciating it is to wait.  Can you plan something fun for most days in the meantime?  A movie, dinner with a friend, maybe go shopping?  
    Me: 1979 * Husband: 1976 * Little girl: 2010 * Little guy: 2013 * MMC: 2016 * Last baby: EDD 2/11/17!  
  • I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!  Hoping for good news on Friday!
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • I've been through something similar and I know how excruciating it is to wait.  Can you plan something fun for most days in the meantime?  A movie, dinner with a friend, maybe go shopping?  
    I have also been though something similar, try to do things you enjoy to distract yourself. one day at a time. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Praying for you and for good news on Friday! 
  • @kryssiroo I was just thinking about you and wondering how Friday's scan turned out.