Pregnant after a Loss

Anxious about Labor after Loss

I lost my first pregnancy to a late miscarriage just over a year ago. I am now 39+1 with our son, who will be our firstborn. As labor gets closer and closer, I still can't wrap my head around the fact that most likely we will bring home a healthy baby. I am terrified that something is going to go wrong in these last weeks and I'll stop feeling him move and lose my precious baby. I've become obsessed with kick counts to the point where it causes me extreme anxiety during the day. Fortunately, I work from home, so I'm not in public. Any other mamas have any helpful tips? I just want to meet my sweet baby boy and am terrified of not having the chance to do so. 

Re: Anxious about Labor after Loss

• I had early losses, so I don't have tips, but luckily you will be having this baby very soon! Just hang in there for a little longer. Try to find some distractions until then. Good luck!!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• I had so much worry leading up to her birth and like you I was obsessed with kick counts. The best advice I can give is to breathe. When you think you haven't felt kicks, lay down and breathe. Talk to baby, focus on calming thoughts, and breathe some more. This will help you when you are in labor any way. And if you have ANY concerns, call. Get it checked out even if it turns out to be nothing. Less than a week before I was induced I went to l&d because we thought my water had broken. Turned out to either be a small leak or pee. I apologized multiple times and they said no worries, they would always rather check it out and have good news that it's nothing than miss something.

Are you doing NSTs? Those helped me know that she was being watched.

Thinking of you. Can wait to see pictures of your rainbow!