January 2017 Moms

Plus Size Maternity Clothes

Where do you go? I've gotten a few things from Old Navy, Kohl's, and Walmart. Anywhere else? TIA

Re: Plus Size Maternity Clothes

• lurking from October but try zulilly. on their maternity sales filter by size :) 
  • I just got non-maternity clothes a size up or so last time. I looked for flowy cut tops, swing dresses, and empire waist tunic tops. For pants, I did get a couple of pairs of maternity, but they were uncomfortable and hard to keep up. It was probably just the brand. I didn't get very big though with my last pregnancy. He was a small baby, so it worked for me. This time who knows how much I'll grow.

This time I have already found some regular shirts at Old Navy that are pretty roomy and will last for awhile. I have found a dress and split back top that will work from Torrid. I plan to order some things online from Macy's and PinkBlush, which has plus size maternity. 
  • Loading the player...
  • cjs260cjs260 member
    I normally am a large/xL depending on store, but I recently purchased several flowy non-maternity tops from ModCloth. Also, PinkBlush and Motherhood Maternity both have XL and plus size maternity clothes. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• Motherhood has plus size, not a huge selection in store but online isn't too bad. At least for staple items.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• LCartee2016LCartee2016 member
    edited June 2016
    Motherhood Maternity is a great brand. Honestly, my in-laws are total yard salers and I'm absolutely racking up in plus size maternity clothes. I have some great jeans, capris, and tops that my MIL and DH's aunt found for $.50-$1.00. I have a really nice pair of Liz Lange jeans and two great maternity tops from Target, also. If you're in and area that has yard/garage sales, I would absolutely skim those. Thrift stores too. Not nursing bras though. I would just buy nursing bras new from a store like Target. 

Edited for clarity 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • cjs260 said:
    I normally am a large/xL depending on store, but I recently purchased several flowy non-maternity tops from ModCloth. Also, PinkBlush and Motherhood Maternity both have XL and plus size maternity clothes. 
    ModCloth is the best! Would you mind telling us which shirts you bought there?? I was browsing their website but couldn't find anything that looked comfortable.
  • I've heard Target has a decent selection.
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    Surprise BFP/MC February 2011 
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
    Surprise BFP/MC April 2017
  • cjs260cjs260 member
    @MaryNog I have currently "A Crush on Casual" and "Simplicity on a Saturday" that I'm using as maternity tops. I also have the "Breath taking Tiger Lilies" skirt that I imagine will work well worn above the bump when necessary. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• cjs260 said:
    @MaryNog I have currently "A Crush on Casual" and "Simplicity on a Saturday" that I'm using as maternity tops. I also have the "Breath taking Tiger Lilies" skirt that I imagine will work well worn above the bump when necessary. 
    Those are gorgeous!!! Hope you mind if I steal your idea :)
  • Pink Blush Maternity has a plus size line and its awesome!!! Good quality, and really cute stuff.  They seem to have at least 20% every other week or so, so I've gotten a bunch of dresses that are super comfy and people have complimented them.  try it out.  A word on sizing - I'm a size 18/2x nearly everywhere, but they skew small - I had to return everything and order it in a 3X.