Pregnant after a Loss

This is my last pregnancy/moving on?

hey everyone- 
a little background on me (although I've posted here before awhile ago). I have a son who is 3.5 years old- conceived first month, no prenancy complications whatsoever.

fast forward to now. We've been trying for a year to give my son a sibling. Along the way we've lost two pregnancies, both of which were very hard on me and my husband.

with the help of an RE, I am finally pregnant again. I am over the moon and have a really good feeling about this, but part of me is holding back because I know no matter what, this will be my very last pregnancy. If it's successful, I will get my second child. However, if I miscarry again, my husband and I have decided we will not be trying anymore. My husband will likely get a vasectomy so we don't get surprised 10 years down the line.

can anyone else relate to this? I just don't think I can emotionally handle any more losses if this pregnancy doesn't work out...

Re: This is my last pregnancy/moving on?

• Yes. Yes. Yes. So much yes. I totally get this. I was in your shoes saying the same things 9 months ago. I just had my rainbow last week. But after 3 agonizing losses we had decided this was it. No matter the outcome. That's a hard thing to decide. It's so emotionally and mentally consuming to go through repeated losses. It was making me crazy. Even being pregnant with no signs of a problem made me crazy. I hope this is your rainbow. I just wanted to say that you aren't alone.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I lost two pregnancies last year and am currently 35w3d with my first child at the age of 38. I know losses are heartbreaking, but if you do have another, I would recommend holding off on the vasectomy for a while to give yourself time to be certain. But hopefully things will go well for you this time, as they did for me. I was feeling pretty hopeless due to the two losses and my age, but now I'm going to have a daughter. You never know what the future holds.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)