December 2016 Moms

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• leksiLleksiL member
    my bitchfest is that saturday Dr. called and advised I had a UTI. I'm allergic to penicillin and they gave me something called cephelexin. This evil stuff made me turn into a vomit machine Sunday and I could't keep any food down all day it was awful. I called the Dr. back and they gave me nitrofurantoin which was $50. The first one ended up in the toilet since I tried eating it with a piece of toast, so I took a second on an empty stomach. Eventually I could eat the toast for dinner with game of thrones.

Today I was lucky to be working from home, I still have headache dizziness and mild nausea. I have my NIPT testing this afternoon so I have to get ready to get out of the house soon. I am eating cereal and taking the afternoon off of work. I have to take this for the rest of the week and we are going on vacation Friday  :s
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• I've been waiting for this!  My Monday bitchfest is about work (as usual).  I've been interviewing candidates for 3 open positions for several weeks now.  In that time I've had one person accept the job, come for one day, then never show up again because she said "it wasn't the right fit" (which she emailed to me, she couldn't be bothered to call).  Another person accepted, told me she had to give 3 weeks notice to her current job, then waited until one day before starting with us to tell me that she accepted a position elsewhere.  The most recent one told me she was going to think about the offer and get back to me, then she dropped off the face of the earth.

WHAT IS IT WITH PEOPLE?!?!  I guess I'm really complaining that no one has any common courtesy anymore?  I can handle you saying no, I'm a big girl, but I'm tired of dealing with unprofessional, inconsiderate people that are wasting my time.  I refuse to believe that any of this could be acceptable behavior due to circumstances that I'm unaware of.....I'm too ragey for that to be a possiblity.  And either way, a simple phone call would be nice.  Ugh!

Oh, and I have an interview coming in any minute now, here's to hoping that this one will be a better option!  Happy Monday everyone!

Me: 39 DH: 36
    Married: Sept 2018
    DS: December 2016
    #2 EDD Feb 2020

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • leksiLleksiL member
    @Pgh_Kel that is rough! Of course, you could do what my company does and make the hiring process 4+ months, even for internal candidates. That way if you ever get to start you have someone that really really wants to work there haha. Hiring processes are the worst. 
    Married Jan 2008 

• FI's family is driving me up the wall per usual. First his sister ruined our gender announcement to his grandparents, then his grandmother proceeded to basically tell me every reason why I'll be a horrible mother. FI and I tried to explain some of our reasoning to her, but she's so set in her ways that you can't really compromise or agree to disagree with her. Usually this wouldn't bum me out so much but his family lives very close to us whereas my family, who are much more supportive, live about 5 hours away. I did the much longer post/explanation on the PGAL thread, but basically I just wish that his family was a lot more understanding and supportive since they live closest to us. I can always pick up the phone and call my mom and talk to her and know that she understands and cares about the parenting decisions we want to make, but it's not the same as being able to go to her house for dinner and see her and my dad regularly.
  • Also I'm really over one of my friends right now. We've been friends for like 10 years, she was my maid of honor, you know the deal. She asked her cousin to be her MOH, which is fine, but then she came to me and said "Well, she is young and doesn't have a lot of money so you'll have to help her with the shower and whatnot." :neutral:
    And if she doesn't stop making a big deal about the shower I'm trying to throw her, I'm going to wash my hands of it all. 
    December 2016 August Siggy Challenge: Embarrassing Back to School Pics

BabyFruit Ticker

• edited June 2016
    Went camping this weekend and another pregnant woman was there (both our husbands are very good friends, so we have one of those awkward forced relationships)
    what I didn't like was that she is 10 weeks ahead of me and her belly is half the size of mine. I looked like a beached whale compared to her when she was roaming around camp in a bikini looking to sunbathe.
    I know you're not supposed to compare that kind of stuff since everyone carries different and all that jazz, but it just made me feel bad about how I look, which totally ruined my self esteem as the weekend went on.

edit to add: Hearing her talk about her minimum of 12 weeks maternity leave when mine is only 6 sort of sucked some joy out of me. 

• TollerToller member
    edited June 2016
    @Pgh_KelI I feel your pain!! We own a small company and struggle with hiring so much (granted this is a lower paying, blue collar job, but STILL) I've talked to guys on the phone who were supposed to show up for an interview an hour later and they never show.... I suppose in the long run its better to weed those people out early, but it doesn't give me much faith in our society's work ethic (or manners for that matter!)

*edited cuz my preggo brain used "granted" twice and I couldn't stand it, so I had to remove one....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @em01092 that finale was bananas and I loved it. Too bad we have to wait forever for another one and producers are thinking of doing one more season of 13 episodes and calling it quits! Oh, and I'm mad The Walking Dead won't be on for awhile either.

I'm cranky because I called my insurance company to ask if the quad screen blood draw is covered by my insurance or not. I was on and off hold for 38 minutes where I slammed the phone down because I had an appointment with a student I had to take. The lady called and left me a message, like 15 minutes later, and didn't leave a yes or no that it was covered so I am still waiting for her to call me back. Twat punch.

Oh and I'm going to whine that my bump is enormous compared to where I was with ds. I just did a comparison photo, and at 18 weeks (I'll be 17 tomorrow) my belly was basically still flat. At this point I look  like I ate half of a watermelon it's so big. I have a feeling I will be the size of a house come Thanksgiving and a miserable whiny, humongeous, mess. Poor dh.
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @leksiL & @Toller02  Thanks for understanding!  And just an FYI, my 1:00 interview was a NO SHOW!!!  All I can do is laugh right now at how ridiculous this is, hahahahaha!  

Me: 39 DH: 36
    Married: Sept 2018
    DS: December 2016
    #2 EDD Feb 2020

BabyFruit Ticker

• At the beginning of the month I called a salon in town to schedule a facial and see when I could get in for a prenatal massage. They had a prenatal massage open at 6:00, so asked if I wanted to take the 5:00 facial so that they're back to back. I usually go right after work between 3:30-4, so I said sure! Well, I get the reminder call for the appointment yesterday and it was only about the facial. So I called this morning, and ask about the massage and they said that it wasn't listed. Um, what?! I have been waiting for this ALL month. I don't know how that didn't get scheduled when the gal I originally talked to suggested me having the facial at 5 so I could have the massage immediately following... and then it never gets scheduled? I know it's such a little thing, but I was seriously looking forward to it and my lower back has been killing me lately so I figured this would be nice to have. Just annoying.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• Not so much a bitch because at this point it's funny to me. I don't like wearing bras if I can help it, and get those nipple petals to avoid nippin' out in public. Tried to wear them today, and my nipples are so big now that the petals aren't cutting it, so they don't stay stuck.

Whatevz.
  • I hate bras anyways, I've been wearing a lot of support tank tops instead and I've found that I'm a lot less cooler outside with those instead of a bra on and FI says that he hasn't noticed that I'm not wearing one. I do wear a sports bra if I'm going to be out for a long time or if we're going anywhere nice, but for just running to the grocery store, post office, farmer's market, etc. the tank top is not a bad option.
  • dmontgodmontgo member
    edited June 2016
    Rewriting my post.

@jenlynne0624 I have E bewbz right now. I noticed that my boobs hurt more when I wear a bra rather than when I let them hang out. I don't wear too many "LOOK I'M NOT WEARING A BRA LULZ!" shirts, but I'm at the point where it's like..who cares. Lots of support tanks and dresses with support, like @ashleaf2018. Anything to be comfortable!
  • So the opposite over here. Can't imagine leaving the house without a bra. And all my bras are wired, padded, stiff cups. Anything else and I feel naked!

And now that my boobs are growing, bras stay on until I go to sleep. I can't stand the feeling of under-boob skin touching chest skin. I miss my baby boobs! Haha. 
  • @dmontgo I am so jealous you have no idea. I wish I could go braless. Honestly not wearing a bra hurts my boobs because they are so heavy. I really don't know what I'm going to do when the milk comes in.  

My BF is my dogs shedding. I complained about it on the symptoms thread but dear god it's crazy!!! I have to vacuum the whole house every other day because there are tumbleweeds Of hair everywhere. I've brushed him and that's done absolutely nothing. 
    Me: 29
    DH: 30
    Happily Ever After: 05-15-2015
    TTC since June 2015 
    BFP 3/21! - E.D.D. 11/28/16!

Pregnancy Ticker
    September Football Siggy

• @ashleaf2018 what does FI say about all of this?? Some people are just really obnoxious and no matter which way you explain things to them they don't want to hear it. It's sucks that your family is so far. Is anyone in his family tolerable?? 
    Me: 29
    DH: 30
    Happily Ever After: 05-15-2015
    TTC since June 2015 
    BFP 3/21! - E.D.D. 11/28/16!

Pregnancy Ticker
    September Football Siggy

• @sammyl1221 They're super tolerable if we don't talk about it, lol. FI's mom runs an in home daycare so she's pretty opinionated about child rearing and discipline, and I don't fault her for that because she has a lot of experience to back it up, but we also have to work on setting boundaries with them as our baby's parents. It irritates him because when they are criticizing us, most of the blame gets pointed at me even though these are decisions that we came to together. I'm just as responsible for our choice to cloth diaper as my FI is, and he's voiced that to them but they still aim everything at me, it seems. 

Living in the South, there is such a huge "respect your elders even if they're wrong/tactless" culture here. So whenever it does get brought up, we just have to try and change the subject and stay quiet about it. I wish I'd never brought it up in the first place, but I also feel like I should be able to have a civil discussion about our parenting decisions with his family. 
  • @dmontgo I wish my boobs were just E, they are however, Hs. Maybe a HH at this point, I have no idea. Boobs are overrated. And they're so sore. Solidarity. The bra comes off as soon as I am at home.
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sorry for the DP but probably the reason they focus on it so much is that this is their first grand baby and great-grandbaby. We're also doing things differently than what they did with FI, and I think they interpret that as an attack on their parenting styles, even though it's the complete opposite. I think once baby is actually here and we get into a routine that works for us, they will see that LO is happy and healthy and they won't feel the need to be so... vocal with their opinions. At the end of the day, everyone's goal is for a happy, healthy baby, nobody really needs to judge about the journey you take to get there. That's just my two cents. :)
  • @ashleaf2018 I would just avoid talking about these issues with them completely. My FIL is an advice-giver, especially on parenting issues (which is ridiculous because he was a shitty parent to DH and SIL when they were kids), so I either avoid the topic or just smile and nod and then do what I want.

@sammyl1221 I can totally relate. Our German Shepherd has been shedding like crazy for a couple months. Brushing doesn't really help, and vacuuming constantly gets old. Luckily dogs are cute and sweet or we'd never get/keep them, right?

@Kacie209 I'm so sorry. Not getting a massage you were looking forward to is NOT a little thing. In my world, that's a BFD. :( Maybe they'll give you a credit for your inconvenience?

@Pgh_Kel WTF is wrong with people?! That's just terrible. I'm sorry you have to deal with it.

My BF is the heat. So gross. I am so ready for October.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• I feel like I could complain about a lot today and I hate that feeling. I want to feel patient and graceful and I absolutely should.. but I'm having a tough time getting there today! Even despite the fact that we had a great 16 week checkup this morning and DH got to hear the heartbeat. Anyway - My sister had her bachelorette party this weekend. It was at a KC Royals game. I drove 6 hours to get there, tailgated sober in a parking lot for 4 hours in 97 actual degrees (I didn't check the heat index) followed by climbing the stairs to the nosebleed section. My feet were incredibly swollen and I started having cramps in my lower abdomen. I've always been the tough cookie type so the situation was extremely difficult to just push through and not leave. I drank 3 liters of water to hydrate (I was getting severely dehydrated) to finally pee. After the game, we got cleaned up and went out to the loudest, most packed bar I've ever been to. How my other sister described it is a "brah bar" haha.  I am so glad the weekend is over. I am all for sober fun, but that was so uncomfortable. My favorite part was a late night food truck taco, baby talk with some of her mom friends and getting home.

Now I don't feel like I had an actual weekend because I never relaxed and I'm naturally avoiding the pile of work at my desk.

Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @tinattt23 I am SO with you on the skin touching skin thing! However, I loathe "real" bra's and can't imagine sleeping in one. To reconcile the two wants and not have to wear a bra tank (too hot!) I bought cotton "sleep" bra's and am loving them! If you want to take a look just search "Style 9036" on Walmart's website and it's the first thing that comes up. If you can find them in-store they come in larger sizes, too, if you need it. I think my store had up to 42 or 44. Plus they're cheap, come in packs of 3, and I can toss them in the washer/dryer.

@sammyl1221 OMG I hear you on the shedding. I swear, I brush the dog and nothing comes off but somehow the day after I vacuum my stairs and floors are covered in a layer of hair - how is that possible!!? 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • TollerToller member
    @Kacie209 that would drive me to tears for sure!! Looking forward to something like that... and then nada! Devastating

@DiFazette oh do I hear you on forgetting items!! Half the time, even if I write the list- I forget the list itself!!

@dtmongo my nips are out of control as well- showing through my normal bras and all! Ridic. I couldn't go braless in public (too large and growing unfortunately) but it's the first thing off when I get home!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Regarding nipples - my husband has been calling me 'headlights' since my nips seem to be in a constant state of hard.  Despite good bras and tanks under most of my shirts - I guess they are clearly visible. 

Pregnancy Ticker     

• DiFazette said:
    My BF is food shopping.  I took over the job of shopping when I took over cooking a little over a year ago.  I meal plan, and buy only what's needed and have been saving us SO MUCH MONEY - H would go to the most expensive store in town and browse and buy stuff.  Now that I'm KU making a meal plan is like torture and I either forget things on my list (which is organized by isle of the store, so it takes a real genius to miss stuff) or I buy ALL THE THINGS.  Things I don't even like but looked good at that moment.  There is no happy medium with me right now.  I need to go tonight and I could literally cry over it. It just seems overwhelming with the smells and the raw meats, yuck.  
    Yes. SO FRUSTRATING!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • ALL GAS NO POOPS FML
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Well I'm off the next 3 days when I really can't afford to take the time off. I have the time, but my counterpart and lead really need me. But I can only work from home, and home is currently filled with poisonous gas (we drove by after my appointment to check if they had tented and they had, so don't have to do this again!). 
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Took my car in to get an oil change this weekend and someone backed into it. Of course the shop didn't call us for 3 hours (after they finally did the oil change). At least they got the guys info before he drove away...it's a 90 year old dude who was driving a huge travel trailer! Omg. He didn't even know a car was there and didn't look. Supposedly didn't feel it. And honestly is not all there...couldn't remember why he was at the shop, what day it was, etc. How can he still have a valid drivers license? Scary!

Called insurance. I'm sure it's standard practice but their adjuster has to determine fault...like having our car parked in a parking lot and ran into could be our fault? We weren't even there! Of course it could take 7-10 days for the determination. And they said since it wasn't a "moving accident" they won't replace the car seat. 

I hate insurance companies. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• And DH and I were so tired yesterday...I washed 8 loads of laundry....they are all sitting in a pile on my couch...unfolded. I guess we were too tired to fold them.  But guess what I get to do today. DH is "busy" tonight playing with DD...he tells me while we are still at work. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• More crying than bitching really....

But our 4 year old chocolate lab, or first furbaby, was diagnosed with lymphoma. We thought he would die, because treatment was so expensive, and without it lymphoma kills dogs in 6-8 weeks. Even with treatment "statistical remission" lengths is 6-9 months. But he's so young, and there are multiple stories of dogs living years longer. I somehow managed to make our dog semi famous on instagram, and total strangers donated $3,000 to us to get our furbaby treatment. He responded very well to the chemo, and was considered in remission since his first round of chemo in March. His last round was in April, and he's been going back monthly to get checked. He just got checked two weeks ago, and the vet said we could wait longer to come back since he's been doing so well. We try to daily check all of his lymph nodes ourselves, to make sure they haven't changed in size at all. Well, last night we were checking him, and noticed the lymph nodes in his throat feel swollen =(

There is a possibility that it's related to allergies that are making his feet all itchy...or the cancer could be back. We take him tomorrow to get checked out by his oncologist. If it is back, there's really nothing we can do, and our days with our furbaby are numbered. DH and I are just so sad right now, and really hoping for the best. He's supposed to be around to love our babies, and be their furbaby =( And his brother will be so depressed if he goes =(

Please no one rip into me about referring to them as our furbabies. We had dogs before we had children; they were our children. DH and I raised both of our dogs from puppies.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • leksiLleksiL member
    @brittnic86 I'm so sorry - losing pets is so hard - they have such an important place in our lives. No one will razz you for saying fur babies!! I hope your pup just has allergies or something - thoughts your way. 

Married Jan 2008 

• @brittnic86 Oh, I am so, so sorry. :( We consider our Yorkie as one of our children and sometimes I cry when I think that he won't be around forever because I love him so much. I sincerely hope that his lymph nodes are irritated by allergies and not cancer. Hug him tight and just enjoy him, whether it's for the next several years or next few months. I'm sure he knows how much you both love him. Sending tons of positive and healing vibes your way. <3
  • @brittnic86 I am so terribly sorry about your poor puppy. Our dogs are our babies too, and I have been completely nonfunctional in the past upon losing one. I sincerely hope this is just a false alarm. In any case, he is so lucky to have such loving owners. You've done so much to care for and love him. <so many hugs>
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • leksiLleksiL member
    @ashleaf2018 - It sounds hard to live with your in-laws! Is the constant criticism going to continue once baby is here? Will they undermine your authority as a parent? Give the kid candy when you tell them not to? It sounds like you are in for a tough ride, I feel for you! 
    Married Jan 2008