July 2016 Moms

Monday Bytchfest

"I still think I am the greatest."
 - Kanye West

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Monday Bytchfest

• Over did it this weekend and paid the price last night.  I could not sleep to save my life! My back (mid-upper) and my hips just flipping hurt. I refuse to do anything else till this kid is here.
    July Siggy Challenge

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Heartburn reached a whole new level last night and I feel like I have stomach acid pouring out of my mouth
  • Loading the player...
  • HenchBytchHenchBytch member
    edited June 2016
    Every few years I get this rash on various parts of my body that itches like hell when I get overheated. I haven't had it in maybe 3 years but I guess something in this pregnancy triggered it and now that it's hotter than hades outside, I am scratching my neck like a dog with fleas. I looked up the medication that clears it up and it's a class C so I doubt I'll be able to take it during the pregnancy. It also says not to take it if you're breastfeeding. UGH. I hope my doctor says that at this stage in pregnancy it will be okay to take. Otherwise, it's only going to get more severe and I'll look like a cheetah around the neck area.
    "I still think I am the greatest."
     - Kanye West

BabyFruit Ticker
  • afaddis89afaddis89 member
    edited June 2016
    Swollen ankles/feet turned into swollen legs (like... from the hip down). I would make light of my swollen ankles/feet, calling them little balloons with sausages poking out... Now my legs just hurt and I'm miserable. :angry:
  • rnyland1rnyland1 member
    edited June 2016
    I don't think I've ever hated Mondays as much as I do now.
  • agradiagradi member
    I volunteered to work from 9-2 today because I could use the few extra hours but I was up from 2:30 until 5ish between going pee and I was super itchy and couldn't get comfy. It's now 8, and I want to go back to bed but I can't. Thankfully I will be getting myself some doughnuts and coffee and in comfy clothes. 
  • @Honeybear40 I would just be up front and honest with him about it.  If he wants to call right after baby is born or as soon as things have progressed and just tell them you don't want visitors until after baby is here.  You can always make the nurses the bad guys!
    July Siggy Challenge

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but I don't mind my family (or DH's) coming to the hospital to wait. This is like the umpteenth baby in my family so everyone seems to know the drill. It's not stressful for me to know there are people in the waiting room, especially if they filter in every once in awhile to distract me and say hi.

My plan is to have my sister and DH in the room and my mom on stand by watching DS (and possibly SD if she happens to be here when I'm in labor) and will bring in the siblings for some family bonding time before extended family comes in. This is all after some skin-to-skin and all that good stuff.

If people want to wait while all of that goes down, more power to them. If they want to wait until they get an all clear, that's fine too. I guess what I'm saying is I don't really give a shit what anybody else does. I am lucky to have reasonable, rational family and in-laws though. I sympathize with those of you who have the unpredictable and selfish people to deal with.

• I'm actually kind of sad that no one will be visiting us at the hospital. When DS1 was born, BIL and SIL came to visit and brought us Whataburger. Now they live states away so obviously won't be trying to visit us this time. We have no other family members around to be excited that we are having a baby. I get that overbearing family members can be hard to deal with...but not having family members around at all sucks too.
  • @LadyFleck, that sounds great, I wish I had a rational mother. I gave everyone strict instructions that it is me and DH ONLY in the delivery room and the hospital staff only lets visitors in once I okay it, which is great and has given me peace of mind, since my mother could be super pushy to get her way.
  • @LadyFleck I'm with you on this one. My husband, mom, and sister are the only ones that are allowed into the L&D room. They'll have special Support Person wristbands that give them access. Everyone else is well aware that they won't be allowed in the room at all. If they want to come sit in a waiting room for hours on end, good for them. My MIL really wants to be there, but I explained the situation with people in the room. Her only real request was that someone try to come out every once in awhile to update them on what is happening, which I think is fair. 

• 39+3 Had serious BH action Friday and Saturday and some Fri and Sat night to the point of it waking me. Even had one good back cramp that woke me last night and I had to breathe through my back seizing up and a wave wrapping around my whole midsection... But alas woke this morning to nothing. Still no labor. Still no baby. Here at work yet again. I talked to HR and my midwife and I will be working until I explode whether I want to or not. Just wish these BH would pick up and pop me already!
  • My husband went back to work this morning. I knew it was going to happen but boy that was an emotional goodbye. :(
  • @erin7264 Right there with you, I'm 39+4 and have had nothing but a few BH here and there over the last few weeks. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be overdue unless I have one of those labors that just gets going really quick, because I sure haven't had any pre-labor symptoms yet like a lot of people on here! My mom never went into labor on her own and had late babies, so that just may be my destiny, haha.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • @winnie1122 at this point, it wouldn't surprise me to go well over! It doesn't help that my docs haven't even mentioned cervical checks or membrane sweeps/stripping, there has been no talk of possible induction or anything yet. I have an appointment this week so maybe I will ask what the typical policy is. As long as everyone is healthy and in good shape I am OK letting this baby cook as long as it wants to - my periods weren't necessarily regular when I got my BFP,  I had only had one cycle since coming off birth control, so I feel like my EDD is really pretty vague anyway. 

Mostly, I just want to be able to eat without acid reflux and wear normal clothes and reach my feet again.  :smiley: happy healthy babies for all! 
  • If I'm told I have made zero progress at my dr appointment today I may not be able to hold in the tears! I can barely walk or sleep anymore how am I supposed to be a new mom if I can't even function when she isn't here yet?!
  • setoshsetosh member
    I'm about 2 cm dilated and still working. The pressure from standing up for 8 hours a day is making my feet, back and stomach feel like they are about to explode. I'll be in the middle of helping someone and I get a pain so sharp I can't walk. But no, I'm okay guys. Don't worry about me. My coworkers have no kids and no sympathy. I think I'll take a seat for the rest of the day. 
  • edited June 2016
    Today's target of my bitching... health insurance and people not doing their jobs. I separated from federal employment in February which meant my insurance ended and I disenrolled. All good and fine because I enrolled elsewhere. Friday I got a letter from my current insurance provider that there was another company that was taking primary and no one was paying the bills. What?! 5 months later, tons of bills and doctors visits later I'm just finding this out?! Apparently no one in HR sent my paperwork...from February! Well...an hours worth of phone calls later I think it's all worked out. I don't need this crap at this point in my pregnancy l.

Edited to add that up until last week I never got a bill. And the bill I just got was from a recent appointment. Hmph.
  • @MurphaLurph Lurph  Wow they stop labor even at 37w5d?  I get that technically it isn't full term, but I thought by even 37 weeks they would just let you go into labor if you went on your own.  Good to know!
  • I'm planning on working right up til I go into labor, but this carpal tunnel thing is making it so uncomfortable.  My hands go numb and then become painful after only 2 minutes of typing, most of my job involves typing or working on a computer. Nothing seems to help and the doctor isn't concerned.

Ugh, I'm 37 weeks today, I still could have 4 more weeks of this if I go over-due.
  • My parents are driving me crazy and baby's not even here yet.  Back story - long story short, they're divorced and Dad lives with his girlfriend (whom he apparently can't legally marry due to an alimony situation with her ex-husband... yep, keep it klassy, Dad!  They're apparently going to do a "commitment ceremony" and call it "married" so that they're not legally married) and Mom is remarried to a guy who has a colorful past but is actually a good guy now, although still a little rough around the edges (part of his colorful past was a charge of statutory rape because he slept with an underage girl he was dating and the parents pressed charges, so he had to register on the sex offender registry for a while). 
    Now to the drama at hand - Dad and GF won't be coming down for the birth because GF has started a new home health job and has four patients now scheduled for her on Thursday.  Apparently Dad isn't big boy enough to come down by himself, because he's scared poopless of Mom's husband (he does look a bit intimidating... big guy, no hair, rides a Harley... but I don't think he'd start anything.  He'd certainly finish it if Dad started something, but he's not out to start anything) and thinks that the world's out to get him (think tin-foil hat kind of crazy).  The GF has to work on Thursday and Friday, but not on Saturday, but Dad "doesn't know if they'll get to come down then"... but for me to please text him a picture of me with the baby.
    Mom's all mopey because DH won't let DS go to the hotel with her, her husband, and her mother to hang out at the pool while they're down here because DH doesn't like her husband's past.  Considering DH is my husband and we are a team, I am backing him on the decision.  Mom's swearing up and down that she's "not trying to do any guilt stuff" but the whole thing of saying that she guesses she "should have just stayed single" seems a lot like an attempted guilt trip to me - which I shut her down on immediately.  DH told Mom when she got married that because of who she was marrying, she'd not be allowed to watch DS alone without us there.  Mom and her husband are planning on coming down to our house on the 4th as far as I know, so they can spend time with DS then.  We're trying to keep DS's schedule as normal as possible, given the circumstances, and FIL will be bringing him to the hospital after daycare on Thursday to meet the baby... FIL isn't going to want to stay at the hospital for 2-3 hours while Mom goes gallivanting with DS.  FIL is going to want to get back to the house and get DS ready for bed and get some sleep himself, as he's going in to work the next morning. 
    Family drama.  Ugh.

So there's this boy. He kinda stole my heart. He calls me "Mom"

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Voted "Mom of the Year" 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @MurphaLurph Lurph  Wow they stop labor even at 37w5d?  I get that technically it isn't full term, but I thought by even 37 weeks they would just let you go into labor if you went on your own.  Good to know!
    I honestly think it is because my doc is on vacation and the oncall doc didn't want to do it. I think if my doc was here she would have done my c/s
  • Pedophile creeps is my bitch.  There have locally been 3 different sitings of the same creepy old man following moms and their young boys around the aisles mid day at different targets in the area. I personally know one mom this happened to and saw the other 2 on fb that were friends of friends posting about it.  It's so scary! Luckily target employees and security are taking this very seriously and have attempted to get this guy several times but he's managed to get out of the store before the police have arrived on each occasion. Its a good reminder to be constantly aware of what's going on around you and that there are super scary ppl out in the world! Target is my happy place, leave it alone!

Also the baby hasn't gained any weight in the last week since leaving the hospital and has not returned to birth weight.  Makes me frusturated and upset like I'm not feeding him enough or Im doing something wrong! Dr is going to do another weight check on Thursday, really hoping he gains!

• @foxa319 we've had similar stories in our area, however it's a team of people and they think they are trying to snatch up kids for sex trafficking. In stores in the middle of the day. As if having children wasn't scary enough. 
  • DH is taking the kids to the beach Tmr for a mini vacation (just over night) with his entire family. I'm literally the only one not going and its bc they scheduled the trip when I have to work. I understand that I'm the only one who has a m-f 9-5 job and everyone else is off Tuesday and Wednesday but it still bothers me to be left out. Of course it didn't even bother me until this afternoon and now my pregnant emotional self can't stop crying. So stupid. I'm not sure if my bitch is at pregnancy hormones or being stuck at work while everyone is at the beach but it's still a bitch nonetheless 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @samantha1206 I'd say combination thereof.  I'd be upset too.  :/

So there's this boy. He kinda stole my heart. He calls me "Mom"

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Voted "Mom of the Year" 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @foxa319 take heart! DS lost almost a full
    pound after leaving the hospital and didnt gain it back until he was  3 weeks. We struggled nursing for a while but he ended up nursing for a year!

H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • My complaint: we just found out we need to get a new vehicle asap due to issues with our jeep. Not something we wanted to find out less than 2 weeks before baby comes. Not to mention the finances. 

H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • @abpl2014 any word on a possible discharge date??? 
  • @sami1784 you're probably right. Glad to know I'm not the only one that this would upset. 
    BabyFruit Ticker