November 2016 Moms

Chiropractor & pregnancy

Is anyone seeing a chiropractor right now?  I used to see one all the time who I LOVED, but I've moved states twice in the past two years and would have to find a new one.  I'm just apprehensive about starting with a new chiropractor while pregnant but my back and neck feel all out of whack and when I twist to try to stretch it or adjust myself, I get twinges in my lower abdomen.  Any advice is welcome (and if you have a chiro in the Boston/Providence area, could you PM me?)

Re: Chiropractor & pregnancy

• I go every other week for minor adjustments. Every chiropractor that I know of is trained in pregnancy adjustments, they don't have to be specialized. I called a few places, asking if they did chiropractic work on expecting moms, before I settled.
     Even before pregnancy, it took a few places before I found a chiropractor that I love & feel comfortable with
      Good luck! :)
  • I started a new Chiro a few weeks ago and loved it. I called my OB and asked if they suggested anyone. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • m6aguam6agua member
    I've been going to the chiropractor for years. I have continued going while pregnant once or twice a month. I suggest calling places ahead and asking how experienced with pregnancy they are. I think all should know how to adjust a pregnant person.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• I love going to mine! I spoke to my gyno about going and she said go for it. My chiropractor said it can help with the baby being breech and labor so I'll keep going! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • My sister has a chiropractor that she LOVES in Natick. Her name is Victoria and her office is called Chiropractic and Sports Medicine Care. I wish I could visit her but I can't since I live in FL. It's hard to find a good chiro.
  • whaatwhaat member
    My sister has a chiropractor that she LOVES in Natick. Her name is Victoria and her office is called Chiropractic and Sports Medicine Care. I wish I could visit her but I can't since I live in FL. It's hard to find a good chiro.
    Hi, Victoria. Don't worry, this was very smooth.
  • You should try posting on some other threads before promoting your business Victoria.  Not smooth.  Not smooth at all. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I go every other week, I have injuries that we need to watch but my chiro says we shouldn't do more than that. I agree. Good luck finding one but I highly recommend finding one :)
  • I haven't gone with this pregnancy yet, but I went with my last one. I went once a week and saw the chiro and then got a massage after. It was wonderful. Also, check with your insurance. I didn't even have to pay a copay as long as the chiro coded it as pregnancy. 
  • Ask if they have a table that opens up, my chiropractor does, and its amazing to lay on your stomach, especially the further along you get into your pregnancy.   If your insurance is terrible about covering adjustments (mine was with my second) I'd find a nice spa for regular prenatal massages.  Its different than getting adjusted, but still makes you feel amazing.