December 2016 Moms

Stupid Question Sunday 6-26

No question is too Google-able, been asked before, or too out there.

Formerly known as Kate08young
August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
Married: 7/22/14
Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

Re: Stupid Question Sunday 6-26

• I'll start. Ladies how are you dealing with this pregnant BO? I shower, use strong body wash, and massive amounts of deodorant. Yet, I still smell like a footballer player after practice. I'm at my wits end.

• I'll start. Ladies how are you dealing with this pregnant BO? I shower, use strong body wash, and massive amounts of deodorant. Yet, I still smell like a footballer player after practice. I'm at my wits end.
    I stay a few feet away from people. I have never figured out "the right" way to deal with it. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Loading the player...
  • @sourlemon that usually works but tomorrow I am giving a pitching lesson and will most likely be manipulating the girls arm and legs so distance won't work.

• @Kate08Young I've been carrying deodorant and baby powder with me at all times. Also in the morning after I put on my deodorant i do a layer of baby powder for added protection. I don't know if it does anything but in my mind anything additional is better! 
    Me: 29
    DH: 30
    Happily Ever After: 05-15-2015
    TTC since June 2015 
    BFP 3/21! - E.D.D. 11/28/16!

Pregnancy Ticker
    September Football Siggy

I got the clinical protection deodorant. Hopefully it'll help.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• beff12beff12 member
    cjt121413 said:
    I'll start. Ladies how are you dealing with this pregnant BO? I shower, use strong body wash, and massive amounts of deodorant. Yet, I still smell like a footballer player after practice. I'm at my wits end.
    I got the clinical protection deodorant. Hopefully it'll help.

Stuck in the box. I had to buy the clinical protection deodorant when I was pregnant with DD. It did the trick! I think eventually the killer BO went away and I could return to my normal stuff. 

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• I also use men's deodorant. And use baby wipes when needed on stinky spots. No one has said anything yet, including DH who totally would,  but I can smell it.

• sourlemon said:
    I also use men's deodorant. And use baby wipes when needed on stinky spots. No one has said anything yet, including DH who totally would,  but I can smell it.
    Yeah, I'm wondering if anyone else can smell it or it is just crazy pregnancy nose. Either way I stink. I've also been using odor eaters foot spray because my feet sweat in my work dress shoes and it's gross.

• sourlemon said:
    I also use men's deodorant. And use baby wipes when needed on stinky spots. No one has said anything yet, including DH who totally would,  but I can smell it.
    Yeah, I'm wondering if anyone else can smell it or it is just crazy pregnancy nose. Either way I stink. I've also been using odor eaters foot spray because my feet sweat in my work dress shoes and it's gross.

• I have 3 different deodorants that I change out throughout the week. I read somewhere that your body can become immune to deodorant and it doesn't hurt to switch them out.. Other than that..

My obsession keeps me smelling fairly decent.

Me:27   H:30
    Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
    Trying to conceive since 01.2014
    Low AFC and azoospermia
    IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
    Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @cayaylonglegs Oh my goodness, is that really your collection?! I feel like such a slacker looking at this!

Thankfully I haven't noticed that I have the pregnancy BO problem, and no one has told me that I have. I would chalk most of it up to this heat, honestly. 
  • Thanks Ladies. I will have to try the baby powder after putting on the Deo. I have the clinical and it lasts maybe an hour. 

• @ashleaf2018 sadly yes that is my collection. I keep telling myself to stop but I don't. I suppose when I hit 300 I will need to reevaluate my life.

Me:27   H:30
    Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
    Trying to conceive since 01.2014
    Low AFC and azoospermia
    IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
    Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @Kate08Young Secret clinical sport is all that's even worked for me. And not the gel kind. For some reason I find the solid white kind works better. I also have some really good prescription stuff called Drysol, but I stopped using it when I got my BFP. Not sure if I needed to, but would rather be on the safe side. Maybe check into if it that's bad?

My random...how go you use those Bella Band things? I've searched everywhere for maternity jeans/shorts and found nothing that fits. So I'm stuck with the band. Even folded in half it comes pretty high up my stomach (which is uncomfortable to me). So I have to fold it into thirds and it just slides around. Anyone know the secret I'm missing?
  • Re: the deodorant issue, it's bad for me. Earlier this year I kept getting painful underarm cysts, so the doctor told me to quit using antiperspirants. Now I use Old Spice Amber, which I really love, but I live in Las Vegas so deodorant-only means waterfalls from underneath my arms. And waterfalls aren't exactly conducive to keeping the stank away.

Also, sorry if this is TMI, but I feel like my lady bits have been more odiferous lately.

@tinattt23 I got two off-brand Bella Bands from Motherhood and they never really worked for me. I would fold them in half, but I always felt weird keeping my pants unbuttoned, and I was always having to make adjustments to the band.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @PensiveCrayon Well at least I'm not alone in my issues. :) So far it's been rubber band buttons and long shirts for me. No shame! Haha. 
  • I haven't had the pregnancy stank going on, but when I went through puberty I had the funk. I'm a sweaty person so in combination with the changing hormones it was just gross. Tried everything from clinical to Old Spice, to aerosols...nothing worked. My Oma (she's a nurse) recommended a natural deodorant with no aluminum. I can't remember the name of it, but that helped. Everyone's chemistry is different, so it may take some time to find an effective one.

@PensiveCrayon You get a cookie for using the word "odiferous." What's weird for me is the increased blood flow to mai lady bits. It looks like someone kicked me in the vag, or maybe used it for boxing practice. Super sexy.
  • Kacie209Kacie209 member
    edited June 2016
    I haven't noticed any extra smells coming from me, but plan to bring some travel deodorant with me anywhere this summer where I'm outside and sweating profusely. I also put extra on before workouts, just to be safe!

Does the nose stuffiness ever go away? It's my #1 issue, and very annoying.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Kacie209 said:

Does the nose stuffiness ever go away? It's my #1 issue, and very annoying.
    I'm not sure whether it ever goes away, as I didn't have this with DS, but I'm sure hoping so! It's like terrible allergies constantly.

• @cjt121413 Exactly! I think I suffered from some mild allergies before (never went in for testing), but I wake up every day with plugged nostrils. And this is even after I take Benadryl at night, an approved nose spray AND Breathe Right strips.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• Kacie209 said:
    @cjt121413 Exactly! I think I suffered from some mild allergies before (never went in for testing), but I wake up every day with plugged nostrils. And this is even after I take Benadryl at night, an approved nose spray AND Breathe Right strips.
    Ugh. You might try a neti pot. I've used one!  and it provides some temporary relief. 

• Kate08Young - I try not to use too much deodorant with aluminum in it, esp. while pregnant and breastfeeding (not based on studies, just conceptual exposure risk). When there is just persistent BO though, I find rubbing alcohol works. It kills the bacteria and gets rid of existing grossness. So little wipes and stuff are an easy quick fix.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Re: stuffy nose. First pregnancy I had it from about 10 weeks until I delivered. Your body makes extra mucous when pregnant  (hello mucous plug) and a stuffy nose can stick around the whole time. This time, I was great until MIL got me sick at 12 weeks. 

• Is anyone else super breathless? Is this a normal symptom, or is it a BP thing? I feel like I have to rest every 5-10 minutes, even if I'm not doing anything strenuous. For exercise I can only go on gentle walks, do a squats with long pauses in between, or gently swim. Going up the stairs is like climbing a mountain. Very sick of it.
  • @dmontgo I'm experiencing this a little bit. For example, we went out to eat with a friend and parked in a parking garage, and had to take the stairs down to the sidewalk and then walk to our restaurant. I think most of it was the heat more than the actual physical walking, but it really took a toll on me. I also have to take short breaks when I'm cleaning around the house, I break out into a sweat after folding lots of laundry or doing the dishes. My BP has always been good at the OB's office though.
  • @ashleaf2018 The heat definitely doesn't help. Someone remind me not to be pregnant in the summer ever again lol. It's the same for me with cleaning the house. I vacuumed today and had to take breaks between each room, or lifting the laundry basket. It's sad, haha.
  • dmontgo said:
    Is anyone else super breathless? Is this a normal symptom, or is it a BP thing? I feel like I have to rest every 5-10 minutes, even if I'm not doing anything strenuous. For exercise I can only go on gentle walks, do a squats with long pauses in between, or gently swim. Going up the stairs is like climbing a mountain. Very sick of it.
    I definitely have shortness of breath also, and it is normal. I think it is also possible that your BP issue exacerbates it. :(

• swhiddon33swhiddon33 member
    edited June 2016
    I have been using natural deos for years (yep. I'm "that woman" lol) and so far haven't had any BO changes. I am no different than pre-preg so far. I personally believe our bodies become accustomed to particular ingredients used in mainstream deos so that when you're not constantly reapplying it, your body reacts strongly. Same with anti-perspirants.  We are meant to sweat a bit and trying to trick our pits not to sweat at all has a rebound effect when we don't constantly reapply.

***THIS IS 1 billion percent my opinion but it has proven true for me. I was a major smelly sweater all my life until going this new route. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • dmontgo said:
    Is anyone else super breathless? Is this a normal symptom, or is it a BP thing? I feel like I have to rest every 5-10 minutes, even if I'm not doing anything strenuous. For exercise I can only go on gentle walks, do a squats with long pauses in between, or gently swim. Going up the stairs is like climbing a mountain. Very sick of it.
    Yep. Totally right there with you. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @cjt121413 @swhiddon33 I'm glad I'm not the only one, because it's been bothering me and was getting paranoid it was solely my BP. I'm sure my BP shizz doesn't help, but knowing being generally breathless is normal reassures me. I'm going to mention to my doctor next week just in case, but until then I'm gonna be doing a lot of resting.
  • @dmontgo Has your care provider suggested taking a liquid cal/mag supplement? It's suppose to work wonders on gestational high BP. I've taken it with my last two pregnancies and this one for constipation and other issues. 

Due December 27th with baby #7

• @maamawaabangi I've read about those and was going to ask about it next week at my appointment. I'm also going to ask if he recommends a regimen of baby aspirin. Last time at he said if it's high next time he measures it, he's going to put me on medication. I hate that taking medication, but I will in this case. Just going to ask everything I can to try to keep it from rising. My home measurements are slowly increasing. :( It sucks. I don't want my birth to turn into a traumatic event if I can help it.
  • Stupid questions seems to be the best thread for this. Here it goes.
    I don't have my midwife appt until next week or an US until 7-21 for AS, but I'm wondering if I'm crazy... I know I shouldn't have bought a doppler but I did anyways and it always shows 150-160 hb and the past few days it's been low, like 100. (I know, I know, I shouldn't rely on that since I'm not a professional- but I'm crazy and hearing the hb every few days calms me down! I'm a very anxious person)
    My heart wants to do an elective US just to secure my worries that everything is ok. It's got me in a weird place that I'm almost 18 weeks and since I don't feel anything yet and am not really showing much unless after a big meal, it would bring me reassurance. Or maybe I'm overreacting because I'm a FTM? I know many women don't get a lot of US done because they're not medically necessary.. 
     Has anyone else gotten an US just for pure reassurance? I'm just so impatient and I feel dumb for even asking.. 
  • @mrsg2390 Fellow FTM here telling you to not feel dumb! I'm also seeing a midwife, but H is military, so I registered with the on-base OB just so I could get free ultrasounds. I'm probably going to end up getting double appointments for a while, but I really just wanted that 12-week ultrasound. It made me feel a lot better about things to see the baby wiggling around in there.

I really can't speak to anything regarding the heart rate slowdown though. Maybe you got it in the wrong place?
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • swhiddon33swhiddon33 member
    edited June 2016
    mrsg2390 said:
    Stupid questions seems to be the best thread for this. Here it goes.
    I don't have my midwife appt until next week or an US until 7-21 for AS, but I'm wondering if I'm crazy... I know I shouldn't have bought a doppler but I did anyways and it always shows 150-160 hb and the past few days it's been low, like 100. (I know, I know, I shouldn't rely on that since I'm not a professional- but I'm crazy and hearing the hb every few days calms me down! I'm a very anxious person)
    My heart wants to do an elective US just to secure my worries that everything is ok. It's got me in a weird place that I'm almost 18 weeks and since I don't feel anything yet and am not really showing much unless after a big meal, it would bring me reassurance. Or maybe I'm overreacting because I'm a FTM? I know many women don't get a lot of US done because they're not medically necessary.. 
     Has anyone else gotten an US just for pure reassurance? I'm just so impatient and I feel dumb for even asking.. 
    With very little experience on most of this pregnancy stuff, including home Doppler, my opinion comes from pure gut (budumbum). If you want the US, do it. To me there is no such thing as overreacting when it comes to peace of mind.   There could be many reasons why it didn't pick up as clearly this time but if you want the reassurance of a visual, make it happen. No one should judge that and if they do, shrug it off. Your body, your baby, your call.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• fauxpa-2fauxpa-2 member
    edited June 2016
    @dmontgo I too have been quite breathless from basically the beginning of this pregnancy which really freaked me out at first.  I always assumed the shortness of breath didn't come until the baby was bigger and pushing everything up, but my Dr explained that it's actually the progesterone that causes the shortness of breath.  It makes us breathe faster and more deeply to get a better oxygen supply while pregnant.  I've noticed I have to stop to breathe during sentences a lot more now.   Also, I'm not sure where you are located but the recent heat and humidity has definitely been making my shortness of breath worse.  I also haven't had any BP issues so far so it may not have anything to do with your BP. 
  • TollerToller member
    @mrsg2390 have you expressed this anxiety to your doc? I also get anxiety and my doc let me just have a quickie ultrasound instead of doppler at my last appointment. You could try there first and if they are unwilling, do what you gotta do!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @fauxpa Thank you for the reassurance! I had read about the progesterone; it's pretty cool how our bodies support the baby! I'm hoping it is the heat here that's contributing to it as well and not my BP. It's shocking how much our bodies change, so I think a lot of these things are taking me by surprise. :)
  • Mamax2Mamax2 member
    Anybody have tips to deal with swollen feet? I normally can drink lots of water, limit salt, and keep them propped up to relieve the swelling. With the 7 hr driving trip Saturday, being on them all day yesterday, and another 7 hr drive today, they're worse than normal. Nothing is helping. 
  • @Mamax2 Try some compression socks. That and daily foot rubs are all that have kept mine at a somewhat reasonable level.