July 2016 Moms

Sunday Ticker Change

How many weeks/size comparison?

Baby related stuff this week? 

Rants/raves/symptoms?

GTKY: Do you have a birth plan? If so, could you share it and why you chose it?
"I still think I am the greatest."
 - Kanye West

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Sunday Ticker Change

• Loading the player...
  • KASGKASG member
    edited June 2016
    How many weeks/size comparison? 35 weeks 

Baby related stuff this week? I had a doctor's appointment this past Thursday. We're fine, but baby hasn't dropped and she isn't even head down yet, which isn't a big deal at this point. Met my birth companion Friday. Yay!

Rants/raves/symptoms? I. AM. THIRSTY!!! I drink like 4 16.9 ounce bottles of water a day but I am craving juice!! And hello carpal tunnel.

GTKY: Do you have a birth plan? If so, could you share it and why you chose it? Basically, my goal is a safe, med-free, hopefully intervention-free birth. I do want the birthing ball, and there's a shower in the labor room. Husband will cut the cord. Everything else is pretty standard or goes into the aforementioned goals. As for why, I used to be extremely pro-epidural (like when I was 17 and nowhere near pregnancy) but now, I don't want to be restricted and stuck in bed. And even though I can't escape some type of needle, that and the accompanying catheter are not something I'm looking forward to.
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• How many weeks/size comparison?
    35 weeks - 
    Baby related stuff this week? 
    Nothing this week. My appointment last Friday went well- sounds like LO's head is down with his/her butt on my left and feet on my right. My next appointment is the 8th and doc said he'd start doing cervical checks then.
    Rants/raves/symptoms?
    I want to start with raving about myself-- DH and I went to a wedding last night and it wasn't your typical function. The wedding was held at an art studio, so it was standing all night long. I made it until the end of the night with very brief sitting periods. Today, however, is a different story. I woke up and felt like I had been hit by a truck. I give mad props to all ladies who are this far along and still on their feet all day long.
    GTKY: Do you have a birth plan? If so, could you share it and why you chose it?
    The plan this time is to have a VBAC. I'm not opposed to an epidural. I would love for DH to be able to cut the cord since he wasn't allowed in the room when DD was born (emergency c-section where I was put under). I would love immediate skin to skin as this is also something I missed out on with DD. If a different scenario plays out, I'll accept it as I did before, but am hoping things are much less chaotic this time around. 
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• How many weeks/size comparison? 36 weeks/papaya/honeydew

Baby related stuff this week? Doc weekly check-in today after work. I will ask if they are doing that Group B strep test and I'm supposed to sign papers for a birth plan. 

Rants/raves/symptoms? Occasional cramping, acid re flux now, bruised ribs, lightening vag, pressure getting up and down.

GTKY: Do you have a birth plan? If so, could you share it and why you chose it? Epidural but I'm going to try and be a brave one! Whatever and however is safe for LO for course! 
    jodi
    whitehall, pa
    every adventure requires a first step- C.C.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• How many weeks/size comparison? 38 weeks!

Baby related stuff this week? I have an appointment this Thursday and I'm hoping they check me. They didn't last time but they did the time before and I was slightly dilated. We have her car-seat, a gift from my parents. I also got my diaper bag. I've been drooling over ikat bags for a few kids now but could never justify spending that much on one. On a whim I joined a fb diaper b/s/t group and put ikat in my search and last week one came up and I snagged it for a great deal. I've been using it with my two year old and love it so far.

Rants/raves/symptoms? I am so tired. I wanted so much to participate on this birth month more but every time I sit down and I'm too tired to really think or reply. Its been hot here and I'm not sleeping, my kids aren't sleeping well and I can't tell you how many times I get up to pee at night. I'm also sick again in the mornings. A rave would be that school is over. The end of school kicked my ass with 8th grade graduation, kindergarten graduation, preschool graduation, cookies to make, my 11 year olds birthday, baseball games, and then fathers day on top of it all. Now I can do all the cleaning and organizing I want to do but I'm so freaking exhausted. I think a few days in the hospital is going to be a much needed vacation!

GTKY: Do you have a birth plan? If so, could you share it and why you chose it? Not really. I'll probably labor as long as possible and see how I feel about the epi. I've done it both ways and there was good and bad to each for me. I might just get dosed right up so I have a reason to lay in bed and watch t.v. That's been a pregnancy fantasy for me all along but we don't have t.v. in our room:) I've done my share of student nurses coming in while I labor, so I'm going to be upfront about not wanting that this time being that it's my last. I want it to be as calm as possible. And I want them to keep my socks on. I told dh to make sure they do. I was pushing with my fifth kid and a nurse took of my socks, it totally distracted me, I hated it.

Mom to Emma, Noah, Isaac, Asa, Asher, Jonah and expecting baby Alice 7/16