Baby Names
Options

Erika Christianson's baby name

They named their baby girl Shane. It is a female child. 

Shane

*sigh*

Re: Erika Christianson's baby name

• Options
    The article called it "refreshing and unexpected". 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Vivi20Vivi20 member
    This makes me irrationally annoyed. I know it's not my baby=not my concern. But seriously? She's a girl. People, quit giving your poor daughters boy names. It's ridiculous.
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSave
  • Options
    I love the name Shane and am using it for my baby's middle name, boy or girl.  #notsorry
  • Options
    jlea05 said:
    This makes me irrationally annoyed. I know it's not my baby=not my concern. But seriously? She's a girl. People, quit giving your poor daughters boy names. It's ridiculous.
    But it makes them sound soooo strong. 
  • Options
    Vivi20Vivi20 member
    I feel so mean. Maybe it's the pregnancy hormones, but when I hear some of the names people name their children, I want to scream "Are you EFFING kidding me?!"
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSave
  • Options
    Major eye roll. My friends sister was team green and their girl name was Shane. Thankfully they had a boy. And didn't name him Shane? 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Options
    @jlea05 Same here!! A guy friend posted on FB looking for GIRL name suggestions and I was seriously ragey at all the responses he got- Parker, Bailey, Jameson. come on people- stop it!
  • Options
    It's so frustrating how short sighted people are on things like this. What kind of message does this send our daughter's when the only "strong" names are masculine?  I get that critical thinking is hard, but giving a girl a masculine name just strengthens the patriarchy and sexist beliefs that feminine traits and qualities are lesser. 

Fuck that. My daughter deserves better.