Infertility

Intro--loss mentioned, children mentioned

We are in the early phases of our IVF cycle, on BC and starting stims on 7/4. My RE is hoping to do the retrieval at the end of July (7/27) and then we will be doing PGS.  So, if all goes well, we will be looking at doing a FET at the end of Sept.  I've learned a lot about IVF from this board and hope to continue to learn more as we go through our IVF cycle.  

Here's my background...I'm 34 and DH is 35.  All of our testing came back 'normal'.  We had our first LO 8/11 and conceived pretty easily.  Then in 10/12 I had my first ectopic pregnancy and needed to take methotrexate and my right tube became blocked.  Then we had our second loss 2/13 at 6 weeks.  We had our second LO 3/14 (which took us a year to conceive and a hsg to confirm the blocked tube).  We had our third loss 3/15 at 6 weeks again.  I started working with our RE in 9/15 and have tried 2 TI cycles and 3 IUI cycles with one cycle ending in another ectopic pregnancy in 3/16 again with taking methotrexate, so our fourth loss.

So we have made the decision to move forward with IVF.  Some of our family members don't agree with the whole process, but we have decided this is about us and our family.  We also know that some people think we are crazy for moving onto IVF when we already have 2 kids, but we know our family is not complete.  

So that's my story and I am anxiously awaiting all that we will go through in the next few months.  

Re: Intro--loss mentioned, children mentioned

• Welcome! I have kinda of just been reading what others post. today was also my first day of actually posting. I found out a few months ago we needed to do IVF these boards really helped me learn a lot about what to expect. I hope your journey is smooth, and that you find strong support along the way.  
  • Kp214Kp214 member
    @jodes727 I'm sorry for your losses and how hard this has been.  If you feel your family isn't complete, it doesn't matter what others think.  It is your decision.  Good luck with this cycle.  I hope it goes smoothly and is successful.
    Me:32 DH:36
    Me: DOR, poor egg quality, MTHFR
    DH: MFI
    TTC since 3/2014
    2015: 3 IUI's-BFN
    12/2015: 1st IVF cycle-(9 follicles retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI, transferred 1 excellent and 1 good embryo on day 3)-chemical pregnancy
    3/2016: 2nd IVF cycle- canceled (3 follicles retrieved, 3 mature, all fertilized w/ICSI, 1 fragmented, 2 arrested) 
    3/2016: RE suggested donor eggs- taking an ivf break and to supplement 
    9/2016: 3rd ivf cycle-cancelled due to early ovulation
    Oct./Nov 2016: 4th ivf cycle- EPP-AFC:5, retrieved 10, 10 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 blastocysts biopsied and frozen. 3 CCS normal embryos
    1/9/17: transferred 1 embryo-BFP 1/16
    1/18/17: beta #1-104
    1/20/17: beta #2-174
    2/2/17: first u/s, heartbeat of 107 at 6w1d
    7/20/17: baby boy born at 30+3 via emergency c-section 

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks @ Bambam2004 and @Kp214 for the support!