Infertility
Options

This wait kills me!

edited June 2016 in Infertility
Just did a blood pregnancy test this morning and my RE always calls in the afternoon. To say I am a little preoccupied is an understatement. Ugh, my stomach is in knots and I just want to know!

Eta: words

Re: This wait kills me!

• Options
    Ugh! It's the worst! I literally made myself sick waiting on my beta last cycle. LOL! FX for a high number!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    They said since I only had one progesterone draw (on Friday) they had to do another before the pregnany test :(. They didn't do that last cycle and I am already on day 30. I may go out and get a hpt because there is no way I can wait for Monday!  

But plus side, my progesterone levels look good at 19. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Ttcnumber2withhypo
    Way to fatten up that uterus!!! Go progesterone, go!!! I always lose my mind, break down, and POAS. Hang in there!
  • Options
    I did this morning...bfn :( Now I have to wait until Monday to confirm. I really want to stop taking the progesterone, the moodiness is the worst. I sobbed this morning and bite my DH's head off when he tried to help. I think secretly I am upset with him because he won't do the IUI right now. 
  • Options
    @Ttcnumber2withhypo
    I am so sorry about the BFN.  :(  The side effects are the worst!  Do you mind me asking why DH doesn't want to do IUI?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Thats a good question and one I am not sure I can fully answer. But I kind of had to drag him to an RE. I think he believed if we kept trying it will happen, even after 2 years. 

Even when we started going I think he believed they would "fix" me and be all set. Turns out he has a low sperm count and it blindsided him. He is embarrassed by not being the man he thought he was. I think doing the IUI is admitting he can't get the job done. 

I boil it all down to male pride.
  • Options
    *loss warning*
    @Ttcnumber2withhypo I can certainly understand that. Has the RE explained the process of IUI to you both? I just did it for the first time in May and it worked (!!!) even though I ended up losing it. My hubby has "exceptional" sperm but my doctor wanted to do IUI to make it easier for the sperm to get to the promised land. The vagina can be a "hostile" area for sperm so he wanted to take that out of the equation with the IUI. So it's really not about who's dropping the fertility ball...it's about taking away as many obstacles as possible.

I was surprised at how cheap it was. IVF is like $15k or something like that so I figured IUI would be at least $1k. Ours was only $400 and that's with insurance covering NOTHING. Even though $400 isn't cheap it's obviously worth it.

I am by no means telling you what to do or anything. I just wanted to put some info out there for you. IUI is usedused for all kinds of reasons, and in my case, it had ZERO to do with my hubby and his sperm. You could try that explanation on your husband. A pregnancy is a partnership. There's no blame to place on either party. All you need is some extra love and a mutual desire to create a masterpiece of a child. :)

It's actually kind of silly how much of a non-event the actual IUI procedure is. It's very similar to a pap smear and I swear the IUI took less time than a pap would. He was done and I was like "That was it?" LOL!

If you want to know anything about my IUI experience, please ask. I'm an open book and there's no such thing as TMI when TTC.

Regardless of what happens, hang in there and know we're here to support you. ::hugs::

• Options
    edited June 2016
    @Bai-by2016 Beautiful Explanation!! 

@Ttcnumber2withhypo What she said! :) My husband is the "cause" of our infertility and I know it's really hard on him. I just always make sure to reassure him that it doesn't change anything for me, that I still love him just as much and find him to be as manly as always. To be honest, since we've thrown humility out the door, now that "natural" baby making is off the table - we've actually found sex to be more carefree and enjoyable. We're able to do it without the pressure of it being connected to making a baby. 
    **TW**
    Me: 31, DH:33
    TTC since October 2015: MFI
    Summer 2016: 3 IUI's: BFN
    October 2016: Switched RE's and began IVF cycle 
    December 2016: Retrieved 13 eggs, 12 mature, 9 fertilized with ICSI. 5 day ET of 2 blasts with 4 frosites left. BFP!!!! EDD: 8/30/2017 
    August 25, 2017: It's a Girl!!
    April 12, 2019: FET, BFP!!! Baby BOY EDD: 12/29/2019
  • Options
    bai-by2019bai-by2019 member
    edited June 2016
    @Isthisthereallife  Thanks!  Your comment is very well-said!