Pregnant after a Loss

Tentative introduction

I was going to wait to introduce myself, but I don't have many people to discuss my fears with at this point (just DH and a close friend).  I got pregnant in April right after an HSG  (9 months of trying).  Sadly, that pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 5 weeks.  I ovulated two weeks after my miscarriage and, well, here I am again.  Another BFP at 11dpo.  I don't feel excited though, I feel like the same thing is going to happen all over again. Especially since I'm advanced maternal age (37).  I know this is a common feeling to have, I wish I could get past it,  it's just causing a lot of preoccupation in my mind right now.  
Married: 7/9/15
Me: 37, DH: 36
Started TTC #1: 9/2015
Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Tentative introduction

• Congratulations! This is my 3rd pregnancy after 2 losses and those really early days are so tough on the PGAL brain - fx for a sticky bean that grows like a champ! 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Congrats! PGAL brain is so tough. I wavered between excited and terrified for a long time, I still do some days.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Oh @PattersRN I hope this time is the one! It's next to impossible not to feel PGAL mind but wishing you the best! FX!!!
  • Welcome! I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months. 
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Hey @PattersRN just wanted to check in and see how everything is going?
  • PattersRNPattersRN member
    edited June 2016
    @createillumination thanks for checking in....slowly but surely moving along.  I started having terrible heart palpitations so I called my OB.  They sent me to my PCP and ordered betas.  Beta yesterday was 470, right on track for 4 weeks, I have a repeat on Thursday.  Heart palpitations just turned out to be pre-ventricular contractions (not a huge concern) my PCP ordered labs to see if he can find out a cause.  I'm still nervous but a little relieved to have a good start with the beta. I think I'll tiptoe back onto the pregnant after 35 board once I pass the 5 week mark.
    Married: 7/9/15
    Me: 37, DH: 36
    Started TTC #1: 9/2015
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
    BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
    BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • lickasticklickastick member
    edited June 2016
    Fantastic start! All the fingers are crossed for you!! wishing you the very best!!! Sorry about the palpitations, pregnancy hormones do strange things to the body. 
  • I'm glad your beta was right on track and that the heart palpitations were not a huge concern. FX for H&H 9!
    Pregnancy Ticker