March 2017 Moms

Spam fest 6/22

Figured I would get us started today! 

I finally turned a digital positive today. DH leaped for joy (he's weird and doesn't like line tests haha). 

Me 26, Hubs 32
Married 7.14.12
DS 10.29.13
BFP 06.20.16
*It's a boy!*
EDD 03.03.17
                                                      BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Spam fest 6/22

• wirtlehmwirtlehm member
    edited June 2016
    Hahaha, @Skyjewell23 congrats on the digital! I'm glad your DH finally believes it's happening now :) !

Buffett was great last night! After the concert this girl had a wicked craving for soup and the only place open was TGI Fridays and Applebee's... the Applebee's location we were closest too isn't the "cleanest" so I opted for the Fridays... and of course, we got there... out of soup! OMF, so now it's looking like soup for breakfast for this mommy!

Also, DH and I may have over done it on the sunbathing yesterday... my poor legs are cooked... and I'm so pissed at myself too! I used to work in a well known tanning salon, I KNOW NOT TO BURN!  :s whatever... so now my lobster bisque ass is soaking in a cold tub trying to soothe away this burn and hoping I don't peel too terribly...

ETA: more words

ETAA: spelling is hard :(

***July Siggy Challenge***
    Favorite Summer Time Treat: "Anything Poolside!"

IAmPregnant Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can't stop looking up how far along I will be when such and such happens. 

For example - how far along will I be on the 4th of july, or Halloween, oh I have such and such get together on X day - how far along will I be? 

I need to stoooppp. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Glad you had fun at Buffett yesterday @wirtlehm, but sorry for the sunburn! I'm super pale and don't think I've had a tan once in my life. I burn, turn red, peel a month later, and then look like nothing ever happened. My sister, however, can go outside for ten minutes and look like she spent a week in the Bahamas. Genetics really aren't fair sometimes!

In other news, work sucks today and I just want a nap. DS kept me up from 2-3AM again. I'm trying to sleep train him, but the second I leave the room he's standing in the crib screaming again. He'll settle down and go to sleep as long as I'm in the room with him, but sometimes it takes 40 minutes before I hear those little snores and I know it's safe to plot my escape! I'm hoping this passes real soon, because this Mama is getting exhausted!
  • Also I'm working on our Read This First thread, should have it up by tonight! #overachiever #letmeknowifigetannoying
  • JDMRSJDMRS member
    @Scarlett830 nah girl, run with it. I am too lazy to do anything. I volunteer to do the weekly thread. @iceandsnowflakes29 will you be my backup?

• Sounds great @JDMRS! Which weekly thread do you want?
  • I'll do a weekly! 

Can I have the sibling check in? Anyone have a good name for a weekly check in for those of us who this is the second + pregnancy?

Me 26, Hubs 32
    Married 7.14.12
    DS 10.29.13
    BFP 06.20.16
    *It's a boy!*
    EDD 03.03.17
                                                          BabyFruit Ticker
  • JDMRSJDMRS member
    @Scarlett830 I'll do PGAL. sorry I thought I wrote that. 
  • Sounds great ladies! @Skyjewell23 how about "STM+ (second time mom) Weekly Check-in" or something along those lines?
  • @JDMRS  I've got your back! 
  • If there is anything you'd like me to do to help out I'm more than willing! I didn't get to be a part of the BMB last time around so I don't know everything that's involved but I'm really hoping to have a fantastic experience w TB the whole time this time! 

Also, I just made a tuna sandwich w diced jalapeños in it... I'm very nervous for this pregnancy, my first was a dream w very little symptoms... this time around I already have nausea and terrible mood swings... I had 0 heartburn last time and I'm hoping that continues this time too! If I have to give up the jalapeños and tomatoes I might just cry!

IAmPregnant Ticker

• Read This First and BMB Spreadsheet are up! The Bump Gods have been pinning things pretty fast, too.

• Just got home from work with DS. Apparently he's decided that he doesn't need his morning nap at daycare anymore, and has only been sleeping 1-1.5 hrs instead of his usual 2-3 hr afternoon nap. I'm wondering if this is what's making him so awful and restless at night.
  • @scarlett830 nap time habit changes are the worst! 
  • So, I had to share... 

DD was eating cheerios as a bedtime snack tonight and she started grabbing them and throwing them on the floor... I sternly told her "those don't go there, pick them up"... she proceeds to get on all fours and EAT THEM OFF THE FLOOR LIKE A VACUUM! Only my kid...

IAmPregnant Ticker

• @skyjewell23 yay on the digital test! The lines are so hard. Sometimes I would think I was seeing things after staring at them for so long. @scarlett830 I feel you mama. My DS literally lost all good sleep habits with every milestone he went through. And I was so sad when he dropped the morning nap at 18months. Now he sleeps better when he drops his afternoon nap! Oh no I'm def not ready to give the afternoon one up yet!!!! But he really has never been a very good sleeper. I had to wd40 his door jam(which creaked loudly) so I can escape faster after he would finally fall asleep! Lol. 

• Also anything I can do to help with any boards let me know! Thanks for all the hard work starting everything and for the volunteers! Also I might be changing my user name. If I do I will make sure to let you all know first. 
  • JDMRSJDMRS member
    @JenD83 you can look on the read first post and see if any of the boards appeal to you and host a weekly thread. I'm hosting PGAL with @iceandsnowflakes29
  • @jdmrs I can do the symptoms check in! Also this is jend83. My new username finally kicked in. (Sorry if this is confusing anyone) I kept my pic the same so all would recognize that at least 
  • Scarlett830Scarlett830 member
    edited June 2016
    That sounds great! I updated the read this first to add you on there for the weekly symptoms thread.